Where is Bob Way?!?

joe91

People asking about where Hodor went to and disappeared and stuff; I think the more interesting question is to ask where Bob Way is now?!?

He was truly a breath of fresh air into this forum; and then suddenly disappeared!

I hope all is well!

Any ideas where he went?!

We need him now, more than ever!!!

:JC_PacMan:

3 hours ago, joe91 said:

People asking about where Hodor went to and disappeared and stuff; I think the more interesting question is to ask where Bob Way is now?!?

He was truly a breath of fresh air into this forum; and then suddenly disappeared!

I hope all is well!

Any ideas where he went?!

We need him now, more than ever!!!

:JC_PacMan:

There was a similar topic like this created in the bob way club. It was one of the remarkable leaves to me.

Coming in from nowhere, being very active in the club and then all of a sudden leaves (probably for medical reasons) and to never return again. Even not to say: hey guys, I'm stopping this effort for personal reasons or whatever. No, just nothing. That was massively disappointing.

Why would you leave behind something you just started only a few months before without ever looking back? I was so enthusiastic about this and hoped it could have been a start of a bigger dev community, getting people involved, have a deeper understanding and perhaps getting into devving/experimenting with the ledger (at least for me).

Bob Way was just on another level for the community than Hodor.

@BobWay

36 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

There was a similar topic like this created in the bob way club. It was one of the remarkable leaves to me.

Coming in from nowhere, being very active in the club and then all of a sudden leaves (probably for medical reasons) and to never return again. Even not to say: hey guys, I'm stopping this effort for personal reasons or whatever. No, just nothing. That was massively disappointing.

Why would you leave behind something you just started only a few months before without ever looking back? I was so enthusiastic about this and hoped it could have been a start of a bigger dev community, getting people involved, have a deeper understanding and perhaps getting into devving/experimenting with the ledger (at least for me).

Bob Way was just on another level for the community than Hodor.

@BobWay

SEC Agent

season 3 krabby land GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

4 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

Agree, it's a bit odd. 

Seriously, what is this thread?

Bob Way doesn't owe anyone anything. If I had gone anywhere near what he went through, saying bye on a forum would be the last of my worries. I can't believe the XRP Army is trying to hold people who freely gave their time accountable, saying that "we need them" (for what? to be your personal psychiatrist and make you feel better about losing money?) and demanding explanations as to why they stopped engaging with the community. Unbelievable.

Let's just wish him well and leave it at that, shall we?

I think we should wish him well. He answered questions freely and added insight that we would otherwise never have access to. Also he had cancer, and that stuff is scary. I don't mean this in other way that for all we know he died from it, so with respect to the fact that he may be sick or dead let's try to remember what he added to the community and not take short shots on someone that was literally helping us while he was fighting for his life.

41 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

I think we should wish him well. He answered questions freely and added insight that we would otherwise never have access to. Also he had cancer, and that stuff is scary. I don't mean this in other way that for all we know he died from it, so with respect to the fact that he may be sick or dead let's try to remember what he added to the community and not take short shots on someone that was literally helping us while he was fighting for his life.

I do wish him well. There was a big plan. and then it all stopped before all the magic could unfold.

Edited by SquaryBone

48 minutes ago, Troote said:

Seriously, what is this thread?

Bob Way doesn't owe anyone anything. If I had gone anywhere near what he went through, saying bye on a forum would be the last of my worries. I can't believe the XRP Army is trying to hold people who freely gave their time accountable, saying that "we need them" (for what? to be your personal psychiatrist and make you feel better about losing money?) and demanding explanations as to why they stopped engaging with the community. Unbelievable.

Let's just wish him well and leave it at that, shall we?

I suggest you go through the posts in the Bob Way club and come back after that.

I understand cancer is very scary and I don't wish it on anyone. I always wished him a good and speedy recovery. The project was still running and he had also mentioned he'd return in a few months/some time. The guy was very passionate about this project.
He even had some drinks with DS when he was recovering/recovered (I believe with some other XRP enthusiasts). So I felt he was still very committed to this.

Nobody said anything about loosing money. Sorry you did but that's part of the game. You don't need to bring it in every conversation. That's exactly why I liked Bob Way joining the forum: talk about the tech, talk about the possibilities, ... instead of talking about "the fuse has been lit", ...

The only thing I say is that I don't understand him leaving this thing behind he was so passionate about silently in the night.

I read all of the posts on Bob Way's club, but thanks.

3 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

The only thing I say is that I don't understand him leaving this thing behind he was so passionate about silently in the night.

And the only thing I say is that private matters are none of your (or anyone's) business.

Edited by Troote

I think Bob made it clear that he was dealing with health issues. I recall a brief return but it didn't last long. He also mentioned at least once that he found posting and tweeting tiring. Reading through his posts it's easy to see why - these were not lighthearted, throwaway lines.

If I had to choose between my good health and driving my body/mind into the ground on social media, it would be a very easy choice. The best thing to do is actually snip the cord and walk away. I've been there myself - the mere thought of logging back in to crypto is too much. Satoshi certainly didn't do a farewell parade. It's almost a tradition.

He left us with much to think about including a profound patent that could take years to bring to fruition. We should be grateful for that.