• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a great video, and demonstrates a plausible solution that would be good for SEC and leave Ripple intact. SEC have done their theatrics for public consumption, now it is Ripples turn to is

Very informative video... Like I've always been saying (and many other XRP holders as well): it was the lack of reporting that was the big mistake Ripple and its leaders made. Every XRP holder sh

Jeremy Hogan's weekly video, this time examining the most likely outcome of the SEC case and guesses at XRP price implications. Skip to 6:00 for the juicy bits.  

On 1/17/2021 at 4:40 PM, wogojump said:
  •  

One of the bigger uncertainty areas that exists and this lawyer alluded to, is what are net benefits vs. negatives if Ripple cannot proceed to profit from selling XRP.  Many of the benefits have already been discussed.  Negatives would include less profits for Ripple to fund their business.  They would be more dependent on other sources of funding especially in short term, like from venture capitalists and IPO.  Depending on how/when Ripple executives could sell their XRP in the future, they could potentially become uninterested in building on XRP.  They have been interested in this in the past, because this was their ticket to becoming billionaires.  If they lose the ability to use XRP to become wealthy, they will no longer want to focus their time on XRP.

It is even worse: Ripple would not achieve profits and therefore it would not be able to buy customers for ODL, because until now, all new institutions joining ODL did it because they could earn money by selling the xrp at market price after having bought them from ripple at prices below market.

So, you stop ripple sales = you kill ripple. If you kill ripple I want to know who will ever support odl growth?

Very informative video... Like I've always been saying (and many other XRP holders as well): it was the lack of reporting that was the big mistake Ripple and its leaders made.

Every XRP holder should watch this video - completely in line with what I've always been thinking (every second is interesting, but related to XRP this link starts around 9:50)
Don't blame the SEC as they are just doing their job and at the end I even think you might be glad for what Clayton did there ....

Edited by kanaas
24 minutes ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

This video and his previous one are already being discussed here: 

And someone posted the same video in Groups too. Let's keep all the discussion in one thread, folks. :)

Sorry - missed it...

On 1/16/2021 at 6:06 PM, wogojump said:

I don't recall seeing this video from earlier this week posted on here.  This lawyer does a great job of summarizing the SEC lawsuit, intentions, and next steps in 15 minutes.  I would recommend for everyone to watch this video, even if you have already have a good understanding on the case.

It was posted already. By me. :p 

2 hours ago, kanaas said:

Every XRP holder should watch this video - completely in line with what I've always been thinking (every second is interesting, but related to XRP this link starts around 9:50)
Don't blame the SEC as they are just doing their job and at the end I even think you might be glad for what Clayton did there ....

Agree 100% – selling to retail with informaitonal advantage to fund their operations was a big no no. RIpple screwed up, they should get a slap on the wrist, then this might all work out well for XRP holders longer term. 

21 minutes ago, thinlyspread said:

LOL was this the ultimate troll?! :D 

1143154580_Screenshot2021-01-19at12_08_15.thumb.png.ce14f9f671c1c94d41ee40181d84ff16.png

He was playing Pink Floyd "Money" while doing it ;)

and FYI...it was at this part of the song,

"Money
Well, get back
I'm all right Jack
Keep your hands off of my stack"

that .04 stack!......im sure there is more if he is talking about how much he was interested in ETH due to smart contracts.

4 hours ago, kanaas said:

Very informative video... Like I've always been saying (and many other XRP holders as well): it was the lack of reporting that was the big mistake Ripple and its leaders made.

To avoid this lawsuit, all it would have taken is one person between Chris, Brad, or Ripple Board of Directors to say; we should check with the SEC and/or make sure XRP is only sold(and re-sold) to accredited investors.  Unfortunately they chose to avoid guidance from lawyers and requests from the XRP community, resulting in this lawsuit.

Edited by wogojump

You know I hate to say I told you so, but again as I have been saying on here since 2017 and for those of you who will say I am new here, the seasoned members know me around here, but I had to take some time away from being on here as I was becoming absorbed in this space.  "XRP in the way Ripple utilizes it is not meant for retail investors!!"  We just happen to be the benefactors of bad management!!  I think this will play out exactly the way this attorney describes it where in the end institutions and accredited investors will be the only ones able to purchase XRP.  This will more than likely also usher in Brads final hours at Ripple because he either didn't do his due diligence or ignored things entirely just because the SEC didn't say anything that doesn't mean you carry on  like there is no sheriff in town, regardless his watch, his problem. Could we see Brian Brooks take the helm of Ripple????(Wishful thinking):) I believe the escrow will either be taken from Ripple for some 3rd party to control so that it could be properly monitored so activity like this will not have even the slightest chance to occur in the future, or it will continue to be held by Ripple with very strict monitoring in place.  I don't believe the SEC will do anything to Kill XRP It's benefits far outweigh any value in seeing it fail!  I do see a change of guard at Ripple and the way they do business as it relates to XRP. If Ripple remains keepers of the escrow then definitely look for Brad and Chris and maybe others who are not named to be distanced from the company.

58 minutes ago, RikkiTikki_is_Back said:

You know I hate to say I told you so, but again as I have been saying on here since 2017 and for those of you who will say I am new here, the seasoned members know me around here, but I had to take some time away from being on here as I was becoming absorbed in this space.  "XRP in the way Ripple utilizes it is not meant for retail investors!!"  We just happen to be the benefactors of bad management!!  I think this will play out exactly the way this attorney describes it where in the end institutions and accredited investors will be the only ones able to purchase XRP.  This will more than likely also usher in Brads final hours at Ripple because he either didn't do his due diligence or ignored things entirely just because the SEC didn't say anything that doesn't mean you carry on  like there is no sheriff in town, regardless his watch, his problem. Could we see Brian Brooks take the helm of Ripple????(Wishful thinking):) I believe the escrow will either be taken from Ripple for some 3rd party to control so that it could be properly monitored so activity like this will not have even the slightest chance to occur in the future, or it will continue to be held by Ripple with very strict monitoring in place.  I don't believe the SEC will do anything to Kill XRP It's benefits far outweigh any value in seeing it fail!  I do see a change of guard at Ripple and the way they do business as it relates to XRP. If Ripple remains keepers of the escrow then definitely look for Brad and Chris and maybe others who are not named to be distanced from the company.

Firstly, good to have you back commenting.   I agree with your thoughts that the escrowed XRP will have to be better controlled and that XRP is not for retail and never has been. I like the theory that Hogan has more recently come up with that the escrow could well be only sold by Ripple to the institutions as per the Kit Interactive finding - his comments start at the 7min14sec mark

1 hour ago, RikkiTikki_is_Back said:

1 minute ago, mistatee2000 said:

Firstly, good to have you back commenting.   I agree with your thoughts that the escrowed XRP will have to be better controlled and that XRP is not for retail and never has been. I like the theory that Hogan has more recently come up with that the escrow could well be only sold by Ripple to the institutions as per the Kit Interactive finding - his comments start at the 7min14sec mark

Thanks! Good to be back.  Yeah I posted this video yesterday in it's own thread(Hoping the XRPChat Police don't fine me :))  I could be wrong but I think that what he describes in that portion of the video is probably the best path for resolution.  Regardless I think management will have to change as there is a big gaping hole right now in the trust of leadership.