US SEC was Reportedly Warned that Investors May Lose Billions due to Enforcement Action Against Ripple by former SEC Chief Joseph Grundfest

namini

Protected from risky investment? I respect this Deaton guy, yet this might not be the correct approach to be whimsy now. Fact is that the SEC enforcement seems highly suspicious, political and personal. That's where to start, and everything falls apart.

Would be lovely if all the Goldman Sachs tidbits surface.

Edited by panmores

I don't think XRP being a Ponzi scheme like bitconnect is relevant.  If an issue occurred it is about the sales of xrp and the relationship of those sales to the method of acquisition.  the

The fact the SEC was made aware of investor being hurt as a result was either personally motivated, or the problem with RIpple and its use of xrp are so bad that hurting investors now offered more protection than trying to fix the problem in another method. Personally I don't know, but timing is suspect.

Comparing Ripple to Bitconnect is ridiculous, but if you have some valid criticisms to make to Ripple top exec direction, I would suggest you to make them on Twitter cause everybody kiss their a-- on there and I'm not even sure they noticed community was a bit angry about certain things.

Edited by namini

Besides the way the SEC f#cked us all over, what kind of excuse would it be not to prosecute just because some investors get hurt?

Conversely this would mean that you only have to get enough investors aboard to protect yourself from prosecution? This is a nonsensical argument. Then Enron and Wirecard shouldn't have been prosecuted too.  

29 minutes ago, SadtoshiNaggingmoto said:

what kind of excuse would it be not to prosecute just because some investors get hurt?

Well that excuse is timing. You're turning the case upside down. If there's a violation of any type, the SEC must intervene immediately in order to reduce the damage before too many investors get onboard.

4 minutes ago, Frisia said:

Well that excuse is timing. You're turning the case upside down. If there's a violation of any type, the SEC must intervene immediately in order to reduce the damage before too many investors get onboard.

In a perfect world,yes. In reality they move when shit hits the fan.

Again...see Enorn, Wirecard.