Biden names Gary Gensler as SEC Chair pick (and Brad's tweet)

https://www.coindesk.com/gary-gensler-confirmed-as-joe-bidens-sec-chair-pick

I am not that familiar with the process, but apparently there are 5 SEC commissioners appointed by the President.  Currently, with Clayton resigning there are 4.  The President designates one of the commissioners to be the Chair, and he has picked Gensler as the new commissioner and Chair.  My understanding is that the Senate must give consent (by majority) before Gensler actually takes the role of SEC Chair.  I am not sure when that would take place.  Obviously, we want it to be sooner rather than later so that new settlement discussions can begin as right now we are probably just hanging in limbo.

Brad with the same shit: "We are working with regulators", "SEC is gonna go after the other thousand projects in the space", "we are very transparent", bla bla bla. Meanwhile behind closed doors we now know what was really going on. Brad, return the money, pay for your crimes and shut up

11 minutes ago, namini said:

Yeah, as much as I believe in Ripple and XRP, Brad annoys me, but worse than that is the twitter community, I'd like them to be a little more critical toward Brad, always cheerleading him, annoying.

I think whichever way you look at it now we have to accept he's not going anywhere, not for the short term anyway. 

56 minutes ago, namini said:

That wouldn't be a good timing and people seems to like him, but I don't find him efficient

1CKE5

All the Ripple initiatives, partnerships, the projects and agreements throughout these years were done under his leadership. All of them... It is funny how people are truly driven by their emotions and the moment the people they believe in fall into hard times they flip 180 degrees. Just goes to show you how fickle human beings are and why crap stocks like Tesla shoots up due to cult of personalities like Musk.

You could think that, but, I never liked him. I remember the first time I looked at his twitter when he joined Ripple, the first thing I saw was a tweet about tampons and mentioning his daughter, totally weird. Chris Larsen made this company, I really liked Chris despite what people think now. Anyway, I'd be happy to be surprised by Brad, I have all my XRP, not selling a single one, but I think healthy criticism are good too.

Edited by namini
22 minutes ago, namini said:

Chris Larsen made this company, I really liked Chris despite what people think now.

Agreed. I believe Chris did even try to get the Founders to agree to give back some XRP at one point, obviously forseeing the burden it would become. Either eway, he was the true visionary. Brad's the "peanut butter manifesto" Yahoo! guy. 

As to when Gensler will actually become the SEC Chair, here are the timelines for previous Chairs.

Trump nominated Clayton on his first day in office - January 21, 2017.  On April 4, 2017, the Senate Banking Committee voted for his nomination to be presented to the full Senate.  On May 2, 2017, the Senate confirmed the nomination, and Clayton was sworn in and became SEC Chair on May 4, 2017.

Obama nominated Mary Jo White on February 7, 2013, and she was sworn in on April 10, 2013.

1 hour ago, Alluvial said:

As to when Gensler will actually become the SEC Chair, here are the timelines for anterior Chairs.

Trump nominated Clayton on his first day in office - January 21, 2017.  On April 4, 2017, the Senate Banking Committee voted for his nomination to be presented to the full Senate.  On May 2, 2017, the Senate confirmed the nomination, and Clayton was sworn in and became SEC Chair on May 4, 2017.

Obama nominated Mary Jo White on February 7, 2013, and she was sworn in on April 10, 2013.

giphy.gif.2bcb6db437aaadaf54af96de0f450312.gif

2 hours ago, Alluvial said:

As to when Gensler will actually become the SEC Chair, here are the timelines for previous Chairs.

I guess the interim Chair will not want to rock the boat, so we will be waiting until Gensler is comfortably seated and up to speed before anything changes (if at all) with the SEC approach to the case.

Hopefully, and April isn't that far away, that the Biden's administration will be able to get seats filled to various agencies rather quickly. Some have been void for the last four years and unlike during the Obama admin with Biden the house and the senate are controlled by the democrats so it may be fairly quick.