Jump to content

Jed resumed trading


Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

So tomorrow, almost a month later, the reserve will go beneath 300M, another 100m down. I am hopeful that the increased volume of the last 1-2 weeks will lead to a higher daily sales volume in the foreseeable future.
If we get lucky, 200M is in sight for early June and then 100M for end June/early July.
All in all, the timing could not be better. He is probably running out of XRP when the summary judgment drafts will be filed... Exciting times ahead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 10:49 PM, Triceratops said:

So tomorrow, almost a month later, the reserve will go beneath 300M, another 100m down. I am hopeful that the increased volume of the last 1-2 weeks will lead to a higher daily sales volume in the foreseeable future.
If we get lucky, 200M is in sight for early June and then 100M for end June/early July.
All in all, the timing could not be better. He is probably running out of XRP when the summary judgment drafts will be filed... Exciting times ahead.

As expected, for this week 8.657m per day = 60m in one week, will bring him down to 215m

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Triceratops said:

I know, him running out is still an event I am looking forward to :)

What about the other founders who have the same or more than he has? Sue they are selling as well though we dont know about it because they are not legally bound to tell us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BillyOckham said:


You know, dont you, that his sales are not affecting the price and when he stops there will be no effect

A little less resistance on our way up must be a good thing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, grunish said:

A little less resistance on our way up must be a good thing

You mean in the same sense as the river level rises when I step into it?

Just because an effect exists does not make it significant or even measurable. The river DOES rise when I step in, but looking and thinking about it is pointless.

The only way that Jed sales can affect the market is via sentiment but given how few know or care about them its extremely unlikely to be a noticeable effect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Triceratops said:

I know, him running out is still an event I am looking forward to :)

Hear, hear!

And whether it presently has an effect on XRP price doesn't matter to me, because he surely did before. I'm not one to forget. He was as thoughtless as the SEC in terms of the impact of his decisions, and it cost us much more than the SEC did!!

And for what? So he could do the exact same pivot to financial institutions that Ripple did!!

I honestly still haven't forgiven him for the slipshod way he set up MTGox, leaving that one doofus (can't remember his name) on the hook and a lot of folks like me out real money.

Nothing nice to say about him from this poster. Never owned a Lumen, never will.And I'll certainly buy a few more XRP when his account is empty as a toast to final departure!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, BillyOckham said:


You know, dont you, that his sales are not affecting the price and when he stops there will be no effect

I know that discussion exists somewhere on the forum but cant find it... How was it that his sales had no impact? It does not really add positively to the trading volume as it is not reinvested but extracted from the market.

What gets extracted has to be put in to balance. So little perhaps, but I dont get the 'no' impact.

Anyway, great news he is almost out just so Ripple can close that chapter of the story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

I know that discussion exists somewhere on the forum but cant find it... How was it that his sales had no impact? It does not really add positively to the trading volume as it is not reinvested but extracted from the market.

What gets extracted has to be put in to balance. So little perhaps, but I dont get the 'no' impact.

Anyway, great news he is almost out just so Ripple can close that chapter of the story.

Do we even know where he is selling? Binance or elsewhere? Is it him selling or is it Ripple selling on his behalf? I mean (tinfoil hat on) he could be selling to himself, i.e. there is always a buyer and hence the no real price impact. Who knows how much of the exchange declared trade volume is actual buyers and how much is just wash trading. Remember, crypto is still unregulated wild west and there are no insider trading laws applicable AFAIK, especially if you are outside US jurisdiction. The exchange would be absolutely silly not to take advantage. Also, Jed has a history of manipulating exchanges so I would not put anything past him.

Edited by QuestionMark
spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wolfparty said:

If jed continues to sell 8.6 mil XRP per day (as he did the last 2 days) he would run dry within the next 30 days.

If his sells per day continue to "just" be 2-4 mil XRP (as they were the last months) he will be empty within 80 to 90 days

So, worst case 3 more months to go (except he keeps some for strategic reasons)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Caracappa said:

How was it that his sales had no impact?

Its generally not a significant enough amount in the greater market.

So me pushing on the hull of a cruise ship will accelerate it off the dock but in reality the effect is hard to detect.

It is true that it is down pressure. But there is enough volume in the market to absorb it. Thats what large liquidity achieves.

Any time XRP wants to rise it does so. and the sales are not enough to stop that as weve seen many times.

Anyone pinning hopes of a better market after the sales end is going to be disappointed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.