Jed resumed trading

4 minutes ago, Ripley said:

At this point, Jed is allowed to sell all that he wants in one trade, if he wants to. He must be waiting for the volume to pick up on the DEX or perhaps this is just his long term stash.

To my understanding his selling of XRP still is related to the trading volume? (1.5% I believe) As the contract started with 0.5% first year, going up to 1% ... but was open ending (from 5th or 7th year?) with 1.5% until dry if I remember well.

Edited by kanaas

5 minutes ago, Ripley said:

At this point, Jed is allowed to sell all that he wants in one trade, if he wants to. He must be waiting for the volume to pick up on the DEX or perhaps this is just his long term stash.

We'd have to examine the details of the agreement but I don't think Jed's daily sell limit is cumulative. I think if he doesn't use it one day, he loses it.

3 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

We'd have to examine the details of the agreement but I don't think Jed's daily sell limit is cumulative. I think if he doesn't use it one day, he loses it.

Guess this was it:

My gut tells me that he is waking up to the possibility that ALL XRP in the secondary market will be deemed NOT a security. 

The more he dumps, then the more he is helping XRP and even Ripple, because it strategically could give them more XRP in the open market to maneuver within if the XRP in escrow is labeled a security. 

This is just my speculation. The fact that John Deaton (God Bless this man), has a voice at the table is a clear indication that the Judges fully understand how negative and limiting this will all be for XRP investors if deemed a security in the secondary market.

The Judges won't want to hurt retail. That is clear now. Ripple’s XRP in escrow may be another matter, BUT with billions of XRP in the secondary market, both the XRP digital asset and Ripple will thrive. I'm not even sure that if once the XRP in the secondary market is cleared, that the SEC can even limit what is in escrow. 

Jed probably doesn't want to "help" by unleveraging completely. Besides, this will take off if deemed not a security. More money for his caufers 

1 minute ago, Cambridge said:

My gut tells me that he is waking up to the possibility that ALL XRP in the secondary market will be deemed NOT a security. 

The more he dumps, then the more he is helping XRP and even Ripple, because it strategically could give them more XRP in the open market to maneuver within if the XRP in escrow is labeled a security. 

This is just my speculation. The fact that John Deaton (God Bless this man), has a voice at the table is a clear indication that the Judges fully understand how negative and limiting this will all be for XRP investors if deemed a security in the secondary market.

The Judges won't want to hurt retail. That is clear now. Ripple’s XRP in escrow may be another matter, BUT with billions of XRP in the secondary market, both the XRP digital asset and Ripple will thrive. I'm not even sure that if once the XRP in the secondary market is cleared, that the SEC can even limit what is in escrow. 

Jed probably doesn't want to "help" by unleveraging completely. Besides, this will take off if deemed not a security. More money for his caufers 

I'm with your possible legal outcome conclusion, but how will it (not) help Ripple in whatever way? Funds from his sales go to him and the lesser XRP come to the secondary market, the higher the price can go (lesser diluted). And who says that after such decision by the court that Jed's XRP can not go to the secondary market? And IF they can't then his XRP are deemed securities as well???

48 minutes ago, kanaas said:

I'm with your possible legal outcome conclusion, but how will it (not) help Ripple in whatever way? Funds from his sales go to him and the lesser XRP come to the secondary market, the higher the price can go (lesser diluted). And who says that after such decision by the court that Jed's XRP can not go to the secondary market? And IF they can't then his XRP are deemed securities as well???

Those are great questions. 

I think that all of the XRP deemed a security will limit how Ripple can use the asset with their products. 

BUT, if the XRP in the secondary market is deemed not a security, any company participating in the XRP ecosystem will be free to purchase XRP and use it as they see fit, including Ripple. 

Basically,  Ripple would be limited to selling to institutional investors, but they would not be limited from buying, using or even reselling in the secondary market. 

Jed probably doesn't want to sell because he suspects that it will go up in price. We are getting closer to the end of this case. Early 2022 looks like a possibility. He is smart. He is a strategist. 

Also, I don't think the SEC cares for him. They left him out of the lawsuit after all. All of this is just my speculation, and I admit I could be completely wrong. 

I remember he is limited to selling when other entities ripple “donated” xrp to are selling as well. So the total selling pressure doesn’t exceed the % Jed is allowed to sell. But the above could also be true of course 

2 hours ago, Ripley said:

Given the possibility that XLM could be impacted by an adverse outcome of the SEC vs. RL case, he'd be following its progress - and know that RL appears to be fairing well so far.

So, unless he's an idiot, why would he dump his remaining hoard of XRP before the case is resolved (assuming he's got no urgent need for more capital) ?

^^ retorical question - pls ignore :) 

It is pretty interesting how the MoneyGram situation is playing out. 

MoneyGram using Stellar who is using USDC for liquidity, and settlement 

Ripple advertised XRP as a neutral bridge for cross-border remittances from the jump.

If you are not familiar with the petrodollar here's a link: 

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/072915/how-petrodollars-affect-us-dollar.asp#:~:text=History of the Petrodollar,-Faced with mounting&text=Petrodollars are dollars paid to,based on the U.S. dollar.

The issue is not everyone wants to accept a petrodollar as it benefits the US solely as a *Centralized Benefactor*

It seems Ripple is arguably well positioned for World Finance as a fair trustless neutral private bridge.