Jed resumed trading

2 hours ago, Ripley said:

It’s not unregistered securities if he sells it. He’s not part of Ripple. He’s just selling his personal stash like any of us.

Using SEC logic he created those XRP in the beginning and used it to cash out and is still using it to cash out just as they claimed Brad and Chris did.

4 hours ago, bellbright said:

He might brace for lifting up XRP price,expecting successful negotiation with new SEC team? 

If he had privileged knowledge of negotiations with the SEC and then traded with it, that would clearly be considered insider trading. Doesn't seem like the smartest move given the circumstances. 

5 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

He's selling more than his XRP volume percentage, surely? He was selling 29M a day when XRP was 70c and had massive volume.  Now he sells the same amount when XRP has a tenth of the volume?

It is my understanding that the XRP volume percentage is based on a couple of weeks ago, not based on the volume on the day he sells. Therefore there will always be a delay and he is allowed to sell high volumes now based on the actual volume a couple of weeks ago. I don't believe he will violate the agreement, he's smart enough :)

22 hours ago, 4Fingers said:

It is my understanding that the XRP volume percentage is based on a couple of weeks ago, not based on the volume on the day he sells. Therefore there will always be a delay and he is allowed to sell high volumes now based on the actual volume a couple of weeks ago. I don't believe he will violate the agreement, he's smart enough :)

Fair enough, though it seems kind of odd since volumes can really mismatch across a few weeks....high volume a few weeks ago followed by a tenth of that volume today can essentially mean the intended purpose of Jed's sales not impacting the market won't work as intended (unless I'm missing something here).

Edited by 2ndtimearound

On 1/19/2021 at 9:30 AM, 4Fingers said:

I have heard the same, and I think that someone on XRPchat did manage correlate the time difference with an recognisable price impact signature.  Jed's sales do depress price.

But I guess BTC coin mining adds a few coins to the BTC market than this also negatively impacts prices of BTC.

Most importantly whilst the SEC court case is being fought:  Ripples sales,  CL and BG sales have been stopped by SEC.  Taken together these must also have been negatively impacting.  Furthermore the overall negative impact of new tokens coming on the market will have been reduced just as we are entering a bull market.  So it might be that now we have absorbed the negative initial cost of the SEC court case, we will in fact be benefitting from a SEC Court case bonus  (less coins  being sold by Ripple, BG and CL)!  So ironically the SEC court case could push prices up faster than would have happened otherwise.

Distribution of coins is a good thing for the ecosystem, especially if the money from the sales is then used for the development of the XRP ecosystem (setting up market makers, developing the software and making new partnerships with new projects).

For me the big take away from the SEC case is the recognition that there has been a conflict of interest between private sales by BG and CL and Ripple sales.  I personably believe that this activity needed to be dragged out and exposed and stopped.  And regulators needed top step in (not just on Ripple, but all ICOs) because this activity was an abuse.  (I know some investors take another point of view and are tolerant of benefits on the side for executives and founders, because apparently they do not really "hurt".  I think they very definitely have been hurting, both financially and the ethics/morale of the XRP market).

Edited by Julian_Williams

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
36 minutes ago, takida said:

Someone knows if/why Jed stopped selling XRP's (or is he selling from another wallet now?)?

Someone before setup this page to follow Jed selling: https://jed.tequ.dev/

At this point, Jed is allowed to sell all that he wants in one trade, if he wants to. He must be waiting for the volume to pick up on the DEX or perhaps this is just his long term stash.