crypto spam since data breach

Ever since the Ledger /Shopify data breach, I've been barragedΒ with crypto/investment spam like this:Β 

Mr. Full Name,Β Full Address, Phone Number,

𝙸 πš”πš—πš˜πš  πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›πš’πšπš‘πš’πš—πš πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš 𝚒𝚘𝚞.
π™°πšπšπš’πšπš’πš˜πš—πšŠπš•πš•πš’, 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŠπš•πšœπš˜ πš‘πšŠπš™πš™πšŽπš— 𝚝𝚘 πš”πšŽπšŽπš™ 𝚊 πšπš˜πš— 𝚘𝚏 πšŒπš›πš’πš™πšπš˜. 𝙸 πšŠπš– πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš 𝚝𝚘 πšœπš‘πšŠπš›πšŽ πšŠπš•πš• πšπš‘πšŠπš πš’πš—πšπš˜πš›πš–πšŠπšπš’πš˜πš— (πšŠπš—πš 𝚊 πš•πš˜πš πš–πš˜πš›πšŽ) πš πš’πšπš‘ πš•πš˜πšŒπšŠπš• πšŠπš›πšŽπšŠ πš›πš˜πš‹πš‹πšŽπš›πšœ πš’πš— πš’πš˜πšžπš› πšŠπš›πšŽπšŠ.

Β 

Haha - 'robbers'.Β  Although this is kinda humorous and easy to identify and delete, it's also very annoying. Especially the phone calls.Β 

It's also fairly unfortunate, because with the info they received, it makes you that much more susceptible to some degree of identify theft (I've had to 'verify my identity' with certain places using only the above info before making changes. Oh well, guess there isn't a whole lot that can be done about it now.Β 

Just wondering though, has other Ledger users noticed a big uptick in scam email and calls since the breach?

Β 

Edited by RandyMarsh

The first, correct, reaction should be:
"**** you and your blackmail."

Then you take a deep breath, think what if you didn't have access to the email where you received the message?
You wouldn't see it, they wouldn't know if you saw it or not, and nothing would happen.

Then you also remember this is sent in bulk, and they are praying someone "chickens out" (for no reason), and going by the numbers, statistics say someone will fall for it.

So do NOTHING. DoΒ NOT answer the email, delete it, delete it from the Trash and move on with your life.

**** 'em.

Edited by Kiir

Fortunately I probably only got my mail in the leached database. I'm receiving spam/phishing mail but without my address.

It's a bit scary they know address, name and phone number. I think you can legally sue Ledger for the damages.