Digital Custodian Anchorage Adds XRP Storage for Institutional Customers

https://www.coindesk.com/digital-custodian-anchorage-adds-xrp-storage-for-institutional-customers

XRP joins 18 other digital assets already supported by Anchorage. Monica said that Anchorage is willing to add custodial service for any digital asset that meets the bar. 

“Anchorage has always aimed to support every asset that meets our standards of quality and security, and XRP does both. Particularly during these uncertain times, we’re proud to be growing our list of supported assets and improving operational efficiency for our institutional clients,” he said.

So XRP was... 19th on their list?! :(

2 hours ago, Panopticon said:

But it is an unregistered security isn't it? :D

Next headline: "Investor sues Anchorage for being a custodian of XRP":D

It is common sense that Ripple(XRP) is not a security.  Those who insist XRP is a security might be politcally motivated or have a hidden intention for selfish purposes?        May be ...To kill American blockchain firms like Ripple? 

If Ripple is a security the SEC should have done an action 7 years ago when Ripple was born. The SEC has done nothing to protect American houshold investing in Ripple over 7 years. Ripple is not a security. 

13 hours ago, thinlyspread said:

Great News. Anchorage is" the first national digital asset bank" which has secured approval for a national trust charter from OCC.

The digital asset bank, Anchorage added Ripple(XRP) to its custodial service .It means Ripple is not a security.!!!   Now it is the time for the SEC to withdraw its lawsuit agianst Ripple. 

Edited by bellbright
8 hours ago, bellbright said:

Great News. Anchorage is" the first national digital asset bank" which has secured approval for a national trust charter from OCC.

The digital asset bank, Anchorage added Ripple(XRP) to its custorial service .It means Ripple is not a security.!!!   Now it is the time for the SEC to withdraw its lawsuit agianst Ripple. 

This "news" is from last April.

Ya know we can sit here and debate until we are blue in the face whether XRP is a security or not or whether Ripple broke the law; but the truth of the matter is,  that it doesn't fuking matter.  The govt is going to do what govts do.   They don't care about us, we don't have a voice.  As long as it fills up their pockets.....how sad....

30 minutes ago, LetHerRip said:

Brad putting his foot in his mouth like usual.

gone christmas GIF

Screenshot_2021-01-14 Anchorage - Premier Digital Asset Platform for Institutions.png

Not a good look at all !! Seriously I think if Ripple wants to move forward they will need to distance themselves from Brad and maybe even Chris. A lot of this negativity is based around decisions Brad made or supported.  I will state this and I have said it numerous times "I don't think XRP will be deemed a security, but I do think some of the actions surrounding XRP from Ripple will be looked at that way!"

I think Brad is very a serious liability to the XRP brand.  He is now seen by many long term holders as a dishonest greedy spiv, Chris Larsen less so, but still a bad apple who should be kept well away from the management of the Ripple/XRP project. They both need removing if Ripple is to re-establish its credibility with honest people. 

Edited by Julian_Williams
38 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I think Brad is very a serious liability to the XRP brand.  He is now seen by many long term holders as a dishonest greedy spiv, Chris Larsen less so, but still a bad apple who should be kept well away from the management of the Ripple/XRP project. They both need removing if Ripple is to re-establish its credibility with honest people. 

I'm really paying close attention to how Ripple the company deals with this from a management standpoint.  It will be a litmus test at least in my view how serious they are about turning this around, because a lot of this falls on management.

44 minutes ago, RikkiTikki_is_Back said:

I'm really paying close attention to how Ripple the company deals with this from a management standpoint.  It will be a litmus test at least in my view how serious they are about turning this around, because a lot of this falls on management.

Well for a start we have the peculiar situation where Brad is managing two different teams of lawyers;

• One team for Ripple against accusations the company were selling securities. 
  • One team for himself defending himself against accusations (as I understand them) that he was using his position as CEO to manipulate the price of XRP higher so he could sell his personal gifted XRP stock into the market for a higher price,
  • and then there is a third team representing Chris Larsen

So when Brad goes into round table meetings with SEC trying to each a settlement for Ripple, who is he looking after first?  Given the seriousness of the allegations, it is prudent for us to ask; It is alleged that in the past you put your own personal benefit (ie skimming over a 100 million out of the XRP bear market to improve your personal wealth) before the benefit of your company and its customers.  Which hat have you got on today, and whatever answer you give why should we believe you?