Gatehub Announcement to XRP Holders

11 hours ago, AJXRP said:

Gatehub sell XRP and run an exchange on which you can buy XRP. I have bought all of my XRP on there. And have held XRP on there at different times, before transferring to a hard wallet. 

No, they just facilitate access to the XRPL decentralised exchange, they're not an exchange.

However, if you use their hosted wallets then they are actually holding XRP on your behalf, also they will activate a new account with 20 XRP if you make a EUR/USD/Other Crypto deposit. I guess both of these actions would cause issues if XRP was a security.

14 hours ago, aavkk said:

I'm reasonably sure this video here was 1-2 years AFTER his original comments about XRP and ETH likely being securities.  I watched this clip again and nowhere in this video does he talk about securities.  What he does talk about is XRapid specifically, which once you understand that XRP has utility as a bridge currency its much harder to view it as a security.  It seems to me his views have very likely evolved as XRP has become more useful as well as Ripple having a lower controlling stake of the XRP ledger.  You've been here a while and likely recall David Schwartz mentioning in early 2018 that his primary goal is to further decentralize Ripple from XRP as it pertains to the UNL which they have done.  

The video you watched was more than likely made by a XRP fanboy. They clearly failed to include the most important part of the video. Watch again from the 45:30 mark:

Edited by Moonraker
11 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

The video you watched was more than likely made by a XRP fanboy. They clearly failed to include the most important part of the video. Watch again from the 45:30 mark:

no doubt this guy knows what's up. hopefully his views and circumstances have changed since then. not sure if it has.

1 hour ago, Moonraker said:

Thanks for posting this.  Whats interesting is that given his remarks about XRapid being in prototype and some of the figures he mentioned this likely took place sometime in 2018.- before XRapid went live demonstrating utility and before Ripple lowered their controlling UNL's on the network significantly.  These developments certainly create grey area in the argument.