Voting to change the token name and symbol?

Is it possible that we can change the name of the token and symbol?  I recall hearing that we could technically vote and burn all XRP's in Jed's wallet. Why not vote and change the name of the XRP token and maybe even symbol? It would make another strong point that XRP is decentralized if decisions as such can be made by the community, not controlled by the company Ripple.

I would keep the ticker "XRP" but change the R and P to Rising Phoenix.

Symbol would be the same "X" (primarily because the symbolism) but it'll be on the chest of a phoenix.

Drops replaced with joules (measurement of heat)

Reason behind keeping XRP is to avoid issues with coding and stuff. I'm  no programmer so not sure.

Another idea is to keep the water theme. Maybe change the ticker to XLD for "X Liquid"

Thoughts?

Edited by stickynoodle69

I mean if the community changes it then isn't that more proof that XRP is decentralized and not a security? Not that I'd change it to prove that XRP is decentralized (we already know it is) I just want to change it. Lol, I always liked calling XRP "Ripple" a few years back. I don't  get why the company Ripple couldn't just stick with Ripple Labs and let the crypto be called Ripple. 

44 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

speak loud but use polite words: freedom of opinion should be granted in our society.

<off-topic> There is this weird assumption that "freedom of speech" means everyone can say whatever they want without facing any consequence. Yes, people can say what they want but by doing so, they need to accept what happens next. Saying what you want puts you at risk of damaging relationships, social status, credibility, professional career. Saying what you want can even put you at risk of facing legal actions. Just because "freedom of speech" exists does not mean people are shielded from moderation, ban or censorship. @SadtoshiNaggingmotois right to say nothing if what he thinks is harmful. And that is how it should be. </off-topic>

The proposal of OP is a nonsensical waste of time which achieves nothing.

Edited by Troote
1 hour ago, JJJ2 said:

And do you think that ripple would burn the token it owns? Having an army of lawyers that only big companies can afford...

speak loud but use polite words: freedom of opinion should be granted in our society.

You seem to either misunderstand what OP is saying or not understand blockchain. If the majority runs software that agrees to burn the Ripple stack they could. However it's a completely stupid idea. Kind of like chopping of someone's testies to lure people in to your network with their precious  belongings with the possibility it happens to you.

The logo is not part of the ledger. The whole idea of these kind of things is a waste of time.

1 hour ago, SquaryBone said:

You seem to either misunderstand what OP is saying or not understand blockchain. If the majority runs software that agrees to burn the Ripple stack they could. However it's a completely stupid idea. Kind of like chopping of someone's testies to lure people in to your network with their precious  belongings with the possibility it happens to you.

The logo is not part of the ledger. The whole idea of these kind of things is a waste of time.

I have limited knowledge about blockchain.

In fact that part of my post remained in the text although I wanted to cancel it.

Edited by JJJ2
orthography corrected.
1 hour ago, Troote said:

<off-topic> There is this weird assumption that "freedom of speech" means everyone can say whatever they want without facing any consequence. Yes, people can say what they want but by doing so, they need to accept what happens next. Saying what you want puts you at risk of damaging relationships, social status, credibility, professional career. Saying what you want can even put you at risk of facing legal actions. Just because "freedom of speech" exists does not mean people are shielded from moderation, ban or censorship. @SadtoshiNaggingmotois right to say nothing if what he thinks is harmful. And that is how it should be. </off-topic>

The proposal of OP is a nonsensical waste of time which achieves nothing.

I do not agree. If he remains on topic he can say what he wants. Of course all opinions shall be expressed in a polite way.

of course he can choose not to speak, but I may prompt him to speak (this is my freedom of opinion). His choice will be respected.

If he states: "If I say what I think then i will be banned" this means he has something to say, but he's afraid.

36 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

I do not agree. If he remains on topic he can say what he wants. Of course all opinions shall be expressed in a polite way.

of course he can choose not to speak, but I may prompt him to speak (this is my freedom of opinion). His choice will be respected.

If he states: "If I say what I think then i will be banned" this means he has something to say, but he's afraid.

So, if what he thinks is a very polite: "with all due respect, you are very stupid", he shouldn't be afraid of saying it? No, he should be afraid of the consequences, because insults are harmful and ought to be moderated accordingly.

Anyway, we are off-topic and this conversation is not worth my time.

17 minutes ago, Troote said:

So, if what he thinks is a very polite: "with all due respect, you are very stupid", he shouldn't be afraid of saying it? No, he should be afraid of the consequences, because insults are harmful and ought to be moderated accordingly.

Anyway, we are off-topic and this conversation is not worth my time.

Wait a moment: opinions like that without a reasoning are only offenses. I do not think he would say something like that.

But if he writes: "In my opinion JJJ2 is stupid because he thought he could earn by hodling xrp but he won't". And he gives infos to improve my judgment on the matter, than his opinion has a value.

if I eventually loose money then he's right and I am stupid. But if I earn, than his opinion is wrong.

So we will be able to prove that opinion

Let's close this out of topic now!

Edited by JJJ2
1 hour ago, JJJ2 said:

I generally speak my mind here and I'm generally seen as a XRP moonboi pie-in-the-sky negative-nancy party-pooper. I've never been banned as far as I can remember. So I wonder what he did say in the past that might had him banned. Or is he "in the know" like the cartoon bear?

3 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

A persons freedom ends where another persons freedoms and rigths begin. His rigth no unjustly harmimg his reputation or his rigth of mentaly and bodly well being outweigth my rigth to state my opinion. Also the freedom of speach usually is in the framework of legal prosecution from the state. Not a free ticket to be a ****. But yea...back to topic. 

Edited by SadtoshiNaggingmoto

Don't think it should be changed at this point, but there are some outstanding issues which weren't addressed, and IMO should be: 

https://github.com/xrpsymbol/xrpsymbol.github.io/issues

Especially issue #61, that's spot on. THe logo does look kind of shoddy and needs to be symmetrical and consistent. 

But of course, as soon as Ripple stopped talking about the logo (they had to pretend it was the "community" that did the initiative to begin with and quickly hired someone just for implementing THEIR choice – ha!) everyone else forgot about it... because "muh decentralized" I guess. Anyway, I'm not a graphic artist else I'd do the edits myself. 

Edited by thinlyspread