Interesting video from another lawyer on the Ripple lawsuit

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite an interesting video. Not sure if this is the right section to post.

Thanks for sharing. I've heard that the lawsuit is focused on Ripple more than XRP and this is articulated quite well.

Interesting thought exercise as to what would transpire if Ripple is *permanently* not allowed to release XRP. 

I'm becoming more bullish on XRP without Ripple. There may be a period of pain while other participants and developers pick up to (hopefully) build utility but a truly decentralized XRP has always been the ultimate goal, right?

8 hours ago, aye-epp said:

Thanks for sharing. I've heard that the lawsuit is focused on Ripple more than XRP and this is articulated quite well.

Interesting thought exercise as to what would transpire if Ripple is *permanently* not allowed to release XRP. 

I'm becoming more bullish on XRP without Ripple. There may be a period of pain while other participants and developers pick up to (hopefully) build utility but a truly decentralized XRP has always been the ultimate goal, right?

It's a double edged sword. I know Ripple is an important part of the network. So I do understand if they have XRP reserves although I always had troubles wrapping my head around how holding such a vast quantity of total supply (by Ripple and by CL, BG, AB, JM, ...) would affect price. If Ripple has no XRP anymore, what keeps them from switching to another coin or aggregating from multiple coins?

The video indeed articulates it well.

There's 2 keys points:

- It's Ripple/BG/CL/AB who are being sued and the focus is not on XRP (XRP is like the hammer in a murder case; I know bad analogy :p )

- It won't bring regulatory clarity.

The latter is imho way more important. It basically wipes all the "stupid" theories off the table. Then I'm wondering why Ripple/... didn't settle directly with the SEC although it could have been an unreasonable settlement.

Edited by SquaryBone