SEC lawsuit dropped on 20/01 ??

38 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

I do not live in the USA and I am pro Trump, but it is no secret that trump has fought against crypto. This lawsuit is probably also wanted by Trump. So this has upset me much. And I hope that the fight with SEC will turn into a constructive process thanks to the new administration.

I do not like Dems because they are pro globalisation and to me this means more companies moving to poor countries where they pay manhour much less. 

Sounds like you're pretty confused and don't know who you are. I doubt you actually are pro-Trump, but you think you need to be for various reasons that go against your better judgment. Also, XRP is definitely a "globalist" crypto. So maybe you should take a long look at yourself in the mirror. 

Good luck to you. 

Edited by HenrySeldom
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like you're pretty confused and don't know who you are. I doubt you actually are pro-Trump, but you think you need to be for various reasons that go against your better judgment. Also, XRP is d

The case will not automatically be thrown out but as I've written on other threads, the most likely outcome of this case is a settlement and in that regard it is much better for Ripple to have a Democ

the lawsuit is about Ripple itself, not crypto in general (most people in the crypto community do not consider XRP to even be a real crypto) San Francisco tech firms of which Ripple is one, are e

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Jack21 said:

does it include SEC case? I would say big YES

6 hours ago, Jack21 said:

I am not familiar with US law

Thanks for posting the article - much appreciated.  Not being rude, honestly, but maybe don't sound SO certain about things you admittedly aren't certain about at all?  

Thanks though, this place was dead and it's nice to see more contributors 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Thanks for posting the article - much appreciated.  Not being rude, honestly, but maybe don't sound SO certain about things you admittedly aren't certain about at all?  

Thanks though, this place was dead and it's nice to see more contributors 

it's my feeling and I trust it. so I just ask question

I know this place is dead, but I am not going to use twitter or facebook to discuss xrp. just my old habit. Thanks

reddit might be my next destination

anyway, xrp is still up

Edited by Jack21
1 hour ago, HenrySeldom said:

Sounds like you're pretty confused and don't know who you are. I doubt you actually are pro-Trump, but you think you need to be for various reasons that go against your better judgment. Also, XRP is definitely a "globalist" crypto. So maybe you should take a long look at yourself in the mirror. 

Good luck to you. 

ok, let's edit this:

I have my opinions concerning global economy, but the majority of people have another one. So I have swim in the direction of the flow.

Edited by JJJ2
1 hour ago, Xrpdude said:

For those that don't live in the USA what's the main reason the Democrats are more sympathetic? are they more progressive or more pro crypto

the lawsuit is about Ripple itself, not crypto in general (most people in the crypto community do not consider XRP to even be a real crypto)

San Francisco tech firms of which Ripple is one, are exclusively pro-Democratic party as their progressive agendas align for ex.  Employees for Ripple Tweeted support for Colin Kalpernick (at the time an NFL Quaterback) protesting by kneeling to the National Anthem , something which Trump and Republicans condemned. 

Additionally, Ripple had Bill Clinton (former Democratic President and husband to Hillary Clinton former Democratic Senator from NY and Democratic candidate for President in 2016) give the keynote address at their major 2018 conference "Swell" even though Bill Clinton has famously said he doesn't even use email and apparently gave a rambling address at the conference.  Also this was despite the fact that the 2018 Conference happened at the height of the MeToo movement and Bill Clinton has also been famously accused of taking liberties with his female underlings (to put it mildly).   Also, San Francisco is in California's 12 district and their congress person is Democrat Nancy Pelosi who is speaker of the house (the leader of the lower house of congress a position of considerable power which is 3rd in line for the presidency behind the vice president).

42 minutes ago, HenrySeldom said:

I doubt you actually are pro-Trump

Why would you doubt he is actually pro-Trump?

9 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

the lawsuit is about Ripple itself, not crypto in general (most people in the crypto community do not consider XRP to even be a real crypto)

San Francisco tech firms of which Ripple is one, are exclusively pro-Democratic party as their progressive agendas align for ex.  Employees for Ripple Tweeted support for Colin Kalpernick (at the time an NFL Quaterback) protesting by kneeling to the National Anthem , something which Trump and Republicans condemned. 

Additionally, Ripple had Bill Clinton (former Democratic President and husband to Hillary Clinton former Democratic Senator from NY and Democratic candidate for President in 2016) give the keynote address at their major 2018 conference "Swell" even though Bill Clinton has famously said he doesn't even use email and apparently gave a rambling address at the conference.  Also this was despite the fact that the 2018 Conference happened at the height of the MeToo movement and Bill Clinton has also been famously accused of taking liberties with his female underlings (to put it mildly).   Also, San Francisco is in California's 12 district and their congress person is Democrat Nancy Pelosi who is speaker of the house (the leader of the lower house of congress a position of considerable power which is 3rd in line for the presidency behind the vice president).

Also Gene Sperling who was on the Ripple Board of Directors. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20180612194434/https://ripple.com/company/board-of-directors/

Gene Sperling served as National Economic Council Director and National Economic Advisor under President Clinton from 1997 to 2001 and then under President Obama from 2011 to 2014. Prior, he was senior counselor to Treasury Secretary Geithner, advising on financial crisis and auto rescue issues as well as being lead advisor on fiscal and jobs issues. In 2008, he was a chief economic advisor to Hillary Clinton during her Presidential campaign.

Would be interesting to see what role he plays in Biden's team.

3 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

I do not live in the USA and I am pro Trump, but it is no secret that trump has fought against crypto. This lawsuit is probably also wanted by Trump. So this has upset me much. And I hope that the fight with SEC will turn into a constructive process thanks to the new administration.

I have a feeling that Trump directly give order, no proof.

Anything related to Trump will be wiped out.

From another post, I find that xrp will be deemed as commondities, not currencies or  securities due to new law hinted by xrp management.

The case will dropped withthout sec much involment

46 minutes ago, Jack21 said:

I have a feeling that Trump directly give order

Honestly I would be surprised if Trump was involved in this at all, I believe his only comments about crypto were that he was not a fan of Bitcoin, I'd be surprised if he is aware of any other tokens.  Anyway this is an issue that was brewing.  Ripple itself had called for regulatory clarity.  This case will force the issue regarding XRP. This was always an issue (security vs. something else) that had to be resolved before the big money could enter XRP.   

Edited by Eric123
6 hours ago, Eric123 said:

Honestly I would be surprised if Trump was involved in this at all, I believe his only comments about crypto were that he was not a fan of Bitcoin, I'd be surprised if he is aware of any other tokens.  Anyway this is an issue that was brewing.  Ripple itself had called for regulatory clarity.  This case will force the issue regarding XRP. This was always an issue (security vs. something else) that had to be resolved before the big money could enter XRP.   

I've seen a tweet from him stating that he's against crypto in general because it weakens the dollar as means for foreign policy and economic control. A decentralized crypto can't be controlled by one government printing or tapering its own currency.

Edited by JJJ2
10 hours ago, Eric123 said:

Being pro-Trump is not a good look right now. Despite how one may feel about his economic policies, his current dangerous actions have lead to one of the darkest days in U.S. history and will overshadow anything else. It's a hot political topic that is probably best left off of these types of chat forums, imho.

Edited by curlyfry
1 hour ago, XRPanda said:

Aus Liebe zu Crypto: Ich bin sicher, Ripple ist herzlich eingeladen, sein Hauptquartier nach Amsterdam zu verlegen. Ich bin sicher, die niederländische Regierung ist mehr als glücklich, sie hier zu haben und 

Geben Sie ihnen einen schönen Steuergewinn als Bonus: D.

Amsterdam is a very beautiful city and with a lot of culture! I would be for it too.

Many countries will welcome ripple, but I think they will be in the US to fight.

It also seems to me that the former head of SEC was forced to sue Ripple as well, maybe out of his control. I am not too sure

Edited by Jack21