Jump to content

Poll: Should Brad Garlinghouse step down as a CEO?


 Share

Poll: Should Brad Garlinghouse step down as a CEO?  

110 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Brad Garlinghouse step down as a CEO?

    • Yes
      39
    • No
      72


Recommended Posts

Yes. Because he is long BTC. No just kidding. Because of insider trading of course, greedy Brad. And I would expect better results under his command. Considering what a jewel he got to manage overal performance and under-delivery is quite pathetic (esp. xRapid/ODL) .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you think stepping down now is a good move and strengthens Ripple's position you're simply wrong. Note also, CEO's have a notice period usually of six months 

All of our problems don't go away with a new CEO and imagine having a new one that doesn't understand the business. 

It's terribly naive to think this would strengthen our position. And unfortunately just reflects the maturity and awareness is lacking with some members. You can usually tell that someone that just posts a single image, meme or cartoon has only been out of nappies for a decade and a bit. 

Edited by Xrpdude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, XRPage said:

Looking at the results what comes to my mind is that either Brad has 36 different accounts here or xrp holders just get what they deserve...

I don't know what you got, but I got much, much more then wat I invested. So thanks for thinking that I deserved it :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Xrpdude said:

If you think stepping down now is a good move and strengthens Ripple's position you're simply wrong.

Doing it now would surely be a bad move, but when the time is right? Is Brad such a good leader? Is he the visionary that Ripple needs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kenrino said:

Doing it now would surely be a bad move, but when the time is right? Is Brad such a good leader? Is he the visionary that Ripple needs?

Yes absolutely, in the future i would add to that though, it depends. I wouldn't be so hasty, if ripple make some positive changes I would happily see Brad remain. But right now would be bad timing to say the least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The management sell XRP to make them a small whale. What's wrong with that? What should they do will their XRP, keep forever, you suggest? Or sell at ATH to maximize their profit?

The fact that they are small whale makes me sleep well at night knowing that there is no flash sell.

====

Do LTC founder get the same reaction when he sold all of his LTC when it is ATH above 250?  (search google)

I don't have proof that he bought back at all time low below 30, but it makes sense that he did

In fact, I found that The management tried their best to save all XRP holders by announcing the lawsuit in advance, if you lose your money (like me), it is your issue that not listen to him.

Edited by Jack21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a fan of XRP's network performance and low costs, the XRPL, David Schwartz (since he's the chief developer, is a great communicator), Wietse Wind, the potential use-cases of XRP.  It's exciting just focusing on what is possible.  None of that has changed from my perspective regardless of Ripple.

Ripple - the company - have really disappointed though:-

  • xSpring, what's really happened with the projects? Some like Omni are now dead.  Lots of hype, no delivery.
  • They gave 1.5Bn to "Clover Coin" which then just dumped those coins on the market - 
  • hype, hype, hype: "a major bank will use XRP in 2018, orders of magnitudes more banks will use XRP in 2019" .... then blaming a lack of regularity clarity when they could sign up banks outside the US using non US-corridors
  • Moneygram project.  Something went very wrong there when Moneygram are now distancing themselves from Ripple.  We weren't told the full story on that...just the usual spin from BG saying "we incentivised Moneygram which is legal"...it really says nothing about ODL adoption when Moneygram are washing their hands of anything to do with it.
  • ODL's volume is around $1M a day, down from an ATH of $20M...well, it turns out the bulk of that ATH was bulk sends by Moneygram, not true ODL in action (individual conversions). 
  • BG's incessant excuse that a lack of regularity clarity means Ripple can't do much with XRP.  There's a whole world out there, but somehow the SEC in the US determine what Ripple can do in SE Asian corridors for example? Even if that's true, then Ripple should have moved their HQ to Singapore or Japan 2 or more years ago
  • the SEC allegations of mass and regular selling by CL and BG, to a degree that conflicts with the incentives to expand the business. 

BG's recent tweet seems rather defensive : "No one is being silent, nor will we give up this fight" - I thought they had a chance to settle, now it's "not going to give up" - seems rather defensive.  People who say "not going to give up" have already placed themselves as the David of the battle, not the Goliath.  Just my opinion.  He should have talked about his sales too - if he's done nothing wrong, then why not bring that up in the tweets?  And then...he was rather aggressive with his words toward Tetragon...it comes off as really bad - how do other fellow investors feel when he's saying Tetragon are "taking advantage of the situation"? He could have said something like "I understand their concerns, but there's nothing to worry about" - instead it was just fighting talk. 

Anyway, I've been scaling my XRP position back in in the low 20s...no more buys from me, but personally I'd love a future where Ripple burn the escrow, the management then escrow their own holdings on a long term basis, get a new CEO, then we can start to believe that Ripple's upper management truly are in it for the business growth, not merely hype to keep the XRP price inflated-as-much-as-possible while they dump as much as possible without cratering the price...basically that scenario is what we've had (IMO) in the last 3 years.  That holding pattern isn't good for any retail XRP holder. We get these inorganic and inexplicable price spikes followed by dumps.  Look at ETH and BTC recently....slow and steady growth.  That's what institutional investment money looks like (again, just my opinion, I don't claim to know for sure...). 

Edited by 2ndtimearound
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I'm a fan of XRP's network performance and low costs, the XRPL, David Schwartz (since he's the chief developer, is a great communicator), Wietse Wind, the potential use-cases of XRP.  It's exciting just focusing on what is possible.  None of that has changed from my perspective regardless of Ripple.

Ripple - the company - have really disappointed though:-

  • xSpring, what's really happened with the projects? Some like Omni are now dead.  Lots of hype, no delivery.
  • They gave 1.5Bn to "Clover Coin" which then just dumped those coins on the market - 
  • hype, hype, hype: "a major bank will use XRP in 2018, orders of magnitudes more banks will use XRP in 2019" .... then blaming a lack of regularity clarity when they could sign up banks outside the US using non US-corridors
  • Moneygram project.  Something went very wrong there when Moneygram are now distancing themselves from Ripple.  We weren't told the full story on that...just the usual spin from BG saying "we incentivised Moneygram which is legal"...it really says nothing about ODL adoption when Moneygram are washing their hands of anything to do with it.
  • ODL's volume is around $1M a day, down from an ATH of $20M...well, it turns out the bulk of that ATH was bulk sends by Moneygram, not true ODL in action (individual conversions). 
  • BG's incessant excuse that a lack of regularity clarity means Ripple can't do much with XRP.  There's a whole world out there, but somehow the SEC in the US determine what Ripple can do in SE Asian corridors for example? Even if that's true, then Ripple should have moved their HQ to Singapore or Japan 2 or more years ago
  • the SEC allegations of mass and regular selling by CL and BG, to a degree that conflicts with the incentives to expand the business. 

BG's recent tweet seems rather defensive : "No one is being silent, nor will we give up this fight" - I thought they had a chance to settle, now it's "not going to give up" - seems rather defensive.  People who say "not going to give up" have already placed themselves as the David of the battle, not the Goliath.  Just my opinion.  He should have talked about his sales too - if he's done nothing wrong, then why not bring that up in the tweets?  And then...he was rather aggressive with his words toward Tetragon...it comes off as really bad - how do other fellow investors feel when he's saying Tetragon are "taking advantage of the situation"? He could have said something like "I understand their concerns, but there's nothing to worry about" - instead it was just fighting talk. 

Anyway, I've been scaling my XRP position back in in the low 20s...no more buys from me, but personally I'd love a future where Ripple burn the escrow, the management then escrow their own holdings on a long term basis, get a new CEO, then we can start to believe that Ripple's upper management truly are in it for the business growth, not merely hype to keep the XRP price inflated-as-much-as-possible while they dump as much as possible without cratering the price...basically that scenario is what we've had (IMO) in the last 3 years.  That holding pattern isn't good for any retail XRP holder. We get these inorganic and inexplicable price spikes followed by dumps.  Look at ETH and BTC recently....slow and steady growth.  That's what institutional investment money looks like (again, just my opinion, I don't claim to know for sure...). 

Bravo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, henne111 said:

Brad Garlinghouse as CEO should not resign!
As long as one is not found guilty, one is innocent. Before the SEC lawsuit, nobody would have thought of conducting such a survey.
As intended, we stand together in good and bad days. And that's how it should stay.

totally agree, innocent until proven guilty

Edited by Jack21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

18 hours ago, Troote said:

That is my understanding, yes. I still think it is a good proxy. Bear in mind the picture I share is (allegedly) dated December 23rd. I don't have access to Equityzen so don't know how the situation has evolved.

I have access to Equity Zen. Dez 23 seens accurate. But its only a single blip. 

They're already at 50$ as of Dez 28. While it may be a rough indicator, i would assume that the 18,20$ were offered to get rid of stock fast.

Sadly those are always taken when i wake up. Only last a few minutes. Effing time zones. :dash1:

image.thumb.png.4bf4df306d75c1593f7d8752ea4f817f.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.