Unexpected rises of the XRP base fee

Hi all, I'm operating three XRP full nodes for our service.

I had made a raw transaction having the base fee as 10drops, and then submitted and got failed with an error message "insufficient base fee".

The base fee value depends on the load of the node as I know. but when I checked the logs of the nodes, cannot find any evidence of the heavy load.

Are there any reasons or factors for the elevation of the base fee?  
Can I find the queue's status in a log file (debug.log) or in anything?

Thanks in advance!

15 minutes ago, AlexTheMenace said:

I had made a raw transaction having the base fee as 10drops, and then submitted and got failed with an error message "insufficient base fee".

The base fee value depends on the load of the node as I know. but when I checked the logs of the nodes, cannot find any evidence of the heavy load.

Thanks in advance!

What error did you exactly get? The ter_*, tef_*....

1 hour ago, AlexTheMenace said:

That's great! Thanks for supporting the XRP Ledger by operating infrastructure.

1 hour ago, AlexTheMenace said:

Thanks in advance!

Do you have the actual error code? tecINSUFF_FEEtelINSUF_FEE_P? Something else?

I don't know how the load is calculated in rippled, but since it's your nodes, you can always send the transaction as admin and skip that check. The transaction will be sent to the network (with the risk of not passing consensus because of low fee).

The local load fee can be spiky; it’s a product of many factors, including the number of transactions per ledger and the rate of change from ledger to ledger, so it can be a little hard to predict.

You said you’re experiencing this on the testnet; I’ll keep an eye out on the fee using https://testnet.xrpl.org/ and see if I notice anything strange.

If this is a transient spike, resubmitting the transactions a few seconds later should work.