XRP enthusiasts seek to force White House’s hand on SEC suit

B088IN

I hope the white house does not have to respond to the petition as the U.S. is facing much larger problems, such as the voting. (By this I mean if the U.S. chooses to not honour voting it has chosen a path away from democracy. The current worldwide pandemic. A host of other issues such as the current homeless rate and an increasing one. The current long term unemployment. As much as I would like clarity it should come from the SEC, however this would not occur until the next administration. Hopefully the acting interim commissioner will lay the groundwork for a more thoughtful approach. In the event that the petition is capable of causing a response I hope that at this time it isn't one that stems from an annoyance of presidential duty.

1 hour ago, peanut56 said:

I hope the white house does not have to respond to the petition as the U.S. is facing much larger problems, such as the voting. (By this I mean if the U.S. chooses to not honour voting it has chosen a path away from democracy. The current worldwide pandemic. A host of other issues such as the current homeless rate and an increasing one. The current long term unemployment. As much as I would like clarity it should come from the SEC, however this would not occur until the next administration. Hopefully the acting interim commissioner will lay the groundwork for a more thoughtful approach. In the event that the petition is capable of causing a response I hope that at this time it isn't one that stems from an annoyance of presidential duty.

First, if they don’t do more of an investigation it will only cause distrust of HALF of the US populous towards the government. After all, Democrats have been rigging elections for ages with poll taxes, intelligence tests, and flat out banning freed slaves to vote. Amazing how well they have rebranded. Maybe Ripple should hire them 😂 Whether it goes one way or another, it IS in the best interest to have the Supreme Court weigh in, which those cowards have not, so people trust in the free and fair election process. Second, you should probably stick to your own country’s problems, God knows there isn’t one without them. 

Finally, I hope that we get the “light touch” regulation we were promised several years ago. Biden is a walking and talking $hit show so don’t hold your breath.

Edited by Raz

3 hours ago, RikkiTikki_is_Back said:

"What  F%&KIng regulations were promised several years ago?????" Can you at least answer that one first??? I'm not going to go back and forth with you on crap not related to XRP or Ripple, but it seems someone is a little Butt Hurt about elections or something to post the crap you posted in a Ripple/XRP chat

I think @Raz is right, there have been some proposals regarding crypto. The most important I can remember were:

- the Token Taxonomy Act;

- the Virtual Currency Consumer Protection Act.

I have lost track of these proposal made by the Congress but these were indeed promising proposals. 

One of the proposals would have shifted the responsibility to the CFTC instead of the SEC...😭

Edited by Frisia

16 minutes ago, Frisia said:

@Raz is right, there have been some proposal regarding crypto. The most important I can remember were:

- the Token Taxonomy Act;

- the Virtual Currency Consumer Protection Act.

I have lost track of these proposal made by the Congress but these were indeed promising proposals. 

One of the proposals would have shifted the responsibility to the CFTC instead of the SEC...😭

I'm aware of those but again those are Bills, and have yet to be put into law and both were introduced in 2019 not several years ago!!  I damn sure wish our government would move quickly on this but to say regulations were promised several years ago is just a downright lie!!  Below is the last action on the Token Taxonomy Act as stated  here

04/09/2019 --Referred to the Committee on Financial Services, and in addition to the Committee on Ways and Means, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.
Action By: House of Representatives

Edited by RikkiTikki_is_Back

If anyone would like to get back on track here is a starter.

About We the People

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
—The First Amendment, United States Constitution

(from white house petition website).

Now notable petitions can be seen on the following wiki page. Feel free to weigh in on their effectiveness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_the_People_(petitioning_system)#Notable_petitions

Maybe the relatively low number of electronic signatures is a great sign that the majority of XRP hodlers are outside the US... ahhhh breath in the hopium and pass the Kool Aid please. 

8 hours ago, Xrpdude said:

Maybe the relatively low number of electronic signatures is a great sign that the majority of XRP hodlers are outside the US... ahhhh breath in the hopium and pass the Kool Aid please. 

Well...I signed it and a few of my friends who like xrp signed it, and we are in EU. Sorry. 🙂 I figured it can't hurt.