Grayscale purchased 12.48 million 01/01/2021

Hi, I wonder if Grayscale did purchase 12.48 million 01/01/2021

https://www.bybt.com/Grayscale

https://cryptopotato.com/buying-the-bottom-grayscale-concludes-2020-with-huge-xrp-purchase-and-10x-in-aum/

https://twitter.com/CryptoWhale/status/1344834716202102787?s=19

Very interesting development

7 hours ago, Jack21 said:

I'd be selling BTC now and swapping weighting for XRP, it makes total sense.

BTC could drop back to $3000, but the XRP floor is $0.18, and has way more upside.

1 hour ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

BTC could drop back to $3000, but the XRP floor is $0.18, and has way more upside.

Where is written that xrp floor is 0,18? It may fall to 0,001 or 0,0001 etc.

In March 2020 it touched 0,1$

Edited by JJJ2

1 hour ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

Yeah, no. if BTC dropped to $3000, xrp would be like 5 cents, if not less.

15 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

Where is written that xrp floor is 0,18? It may fall to 0,001 or 0,0001 etc.

In March 2020 it touched 0,1$

Yes, $0.11 during an unprecedented global pandemic. Since then, XRP has bottomed out around $0.15-0.18 on a few months, one being December with the SEC lawsuit FUD.

To say XRP may go back down to $0.001, -180% or even $0.0001 -1,800% doesn't seem realistic all things considered.

BTC could go to zero, and Tesla could go to zero if there's nuclear war, but how likely are these situations actually? Did all these banks and FIs and companies spend years building out this XRP infrastructure just to abandon it? That seems unlikely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's still plenty of people who would buy up/prop up the price before it went sub-one-cent.

Considering most of retail HODL-ers are likely all-in at a DCA of $0.20 or higher, I just don't see all of us taking a  +0.9995% loss dumping everything at $0.0001 after holding for 2-3 years in some cases. Many including myself are ride or die. If I could get $0.01 XRP tomorrow I'd be all over it. Wholesale is probably what will determine the future of XRP and they're definitely not going anywhere.

5 hours ago, jetbrzzz said:

Yes, $0.11 during an unprecedented global pandemic. Since then, XRP has bottomed out around $0.15-0.18 on a few months, one being December with the SEC lawsuit FUD.

To say XRP may go back down to $0.001, -180% or even $0.0001 -1,800% doesn't seem realistic all things considered.

BTC could go to zero, and Tesla could go to zero if there's nuclear war, but how likely are these situations actually? Did all these banks and FIs and companies spend years building out this XRP infrastructure just to abandon it? That seems unlikely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's still plenty of people who would buy up/prop up the price before it went sub-one-cent.

Considering most of retail HODL-ers are likely all-in at a DCA of $0.20 or higher, I just don't see all of us taking a  +0.9995% loss dumping everything at $0.0001 after holding for 2-3 years in some cases. Many including myself are ride or die. If I could get $0.01 XRP tomorrow I'd be all over it. Wholesale is probably what will determine the future of XRP and they're definitely not going anywhere.

Yes, there must be a very negative and exceptional situation, in order to push price down below 0,1. But the SEC lawsuit has all the cards to be that one. Especially if Ripple loses. 

If Ripple wins, then well I hope I'll be fast enough to press the buy button before it skyrockets.

And even if Ripple loses, this does not mean that price will stay that low forever. Most likely it will go back to the 0,2 region once the tempest is passed. 

But do not forget that still some broker are delisting xrp in the USA and many investors, who still owns xrp there, will sell. So we will see another downfall at least to 0,1$ and maybe even lower before price stabilizes.

Look at the charts: on the monthly TF the Januar candle (just begun) went a bit up and touched 20sma, but was not yet able to cross it. So price rejected 20sma (by now!) and in general this means that, in the long term, a further depreciation occurs. The daily TF will slowly approach its 20sma and then (in 5-7 days) when it's there the downfall will begin. This should be triggered by any further negative piece of news. I still think that this situation will remain until at list end of January, when Biden enters WH and maybe a new political course will begin. Then maybe the January monthly candle could close as a doji meaning that a reversal is coming. This only if any reassuring statement will be made by the politics (or SEC changes idea or ripple settles nad gets some mild penalty not preventing it from selling xrp). If this does not happen then price will still fall down, though slowly, to a very low level.

The big red monthly candle (Dec. 2020) is bigger than November and is a typical reversal path showing sceptical mood toward xrp. Therefore, if the situation remains uncertain, price will keep slowly falling down.

This is of course only my interpretation and, as other users rightly pointed out, it's worth nothing.

image.png.0eed91fa937fac8d7c8b1a33a5697b6e.png

image.png.c2b53304b27da7ee1a2058e5695b949b.png

Edited by JJJ2

6 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

Yes, there must be a very negative and exceptional situation, in order to push price down below 0,1. But the SEC lawsuit has all the cards to be that one. Especially if Ripple loses. 

If Ripple wins, then well I hope I'll be fast enough to press the buy button before it skyrockets.

And even if Ripple loses, this does not mean that price will stay that low forever. Most likely it will go back to the 0,2 region once the tempest is passed. 

But do not forget that still some broker are delisting xrp in the USA and many investors, who still owns xrp there, will sell. So we will see another downfall at least to 0,1$ and maybe even lower before price stabilizes.

The big red monthly candle (Dec. 2020) is bigger than November and is a typical reversal path showing sceptical mood toward xrp. Therefore, if the situation remains uncertain, price will keep slowly falling down.

This is of course only my interpretation and, as other users rightly pointed out, it's worth nothing.

image.png.c2b53304b27da7ee1a2058e5695b949b.png

I agree and wouldn't be surprised to see $0.10 XRP again before all is said and done. I still think fundamentally the case for XRP is strong, despite this SEC FUD. Fundamentally, I bet more on SEC settlement/remedy than XRP literally going to $0.00.

I wish there were a stat for self-custody vs exchange wallets, would be interesting to see.  I would speculate that most of the exchange wallet types probably dumped their holdings already with the SEC FUD.  The 'real' OG HODLrs have theirs on paper wallet in a safe somewhere and kinda just forgot about 'em. I don't know what that percentage breakdown of investors left is, but that's probably who's still left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Everyone" is dumping really, but it must all be going somewhere...Grayscale maybe....? On the positive, I just moved up a few spots in the rankings.

FUD, something as simple as an immutable public blockchain transaction can still have a true and false narrative. AI news bots and all the rest, what a time to be alive, huh.

They scooping up that XRP on the cheap....classic FUD head-fake, they fillin' their bags up boys.

https://coinmarketcap.com/zh/headlines/news/grayscale-didnt-dump-xrp-instead-they-bought-another-12-million-more-on-new-year/

screenshot_20210102_113841.jpeg.81cf9be5b59615845bfbcc040ea1f484.jpeg

15 hours ago, jetbrzzz said:

I agree and wouldn't be surprised to see $0.10 XRP again before all is said and done. I still think fundamentally the case for XRP is strong, despite this SEC FUD. Fundamentally, I bet more on SEC settlement/remedy than XRP literally going to $0.00.

I wish there were a stat for self-custody vs exchange wallets, would be interesting to see.  I would speculate that most of the exchange wallet types probably dumped their holdings already with the SEC FUD.  The 'real' OG HODLrs have theirs on paper wallet in a safe somewhere and kinda just forgot about 'em. I don't know what that percentage breakdown of investors left is, but that's probably who's still left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Everyone" is dumping really, but it must all be going somewhere...Grayscale maybe....? On the positive, I just moved up a few spots in the rankings.

FUD, something as simple as an immutable public blockchain transaction can still have a true and false narrative. AI news bots and all the rest, what a time to be alive, huh.

They scooping up that XRP on the cheap....classic FUD head-fake, they fillin' their bags up boys.

https://coinmarketcap.com/zh/headlines/news/grayscale-didnt-dump-xrp-instead-they-bought-another-12-million-more-on-new-year/

I really think the same. I just do not understand where these xrp are going. Apparently Ripple released other 900 mln xrp. We know that the biggest part of each Escrow goes back in future escrows, but in general 200-300mln remain in circulation. In the page you posted (Wietse) we do not see the xrp (that 0,01% of big accounts are selling). So who is buying xrp? Can it be only Rippe, for marketing purposes (give the impression there are many supporters / keep price from falling)?

I am seeking the best point to re enter. Should price fall really badly to the 0.00 range it would be a blessing for everyone. Price would not stay there for too long and the total supply would be gone very quickly prompting real usage in cross border payments.

Edited by JJJ2

17 hours ago, Inequivalent said:

Grayscale is a ETF fund, they do not "BUY" anything for themselves, they "BUY" XRP for clients who want exposure to it using ETF. Grayscale earn a small % commission on the buy from the clients. 

What's your point? It's still interst from accredited investors, they are buying it on behalf of investors - maybe people that aren't confidential enough to buy and custody it for themselves

Edited by Xrpdude

16 hours ago, jetbrzzz said:

screenshot_20210102_113841.jpeg.81cf9be5b59615845bfbcc040ea1f484.jpeg

Seems like the top 0.01% are rebounding a little. When I looked three days ago the average had dropped to sub 19 M, closer to 20 M now - still down but looks like a bit of a buy-back at the highest levels - that's how I'm reading it anyway, I don't know if this is correct or how exchange wallets are impacting this

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, JJJ2 said:

I really think the same. I just do not understand where these xrp are going. Apparently Ripple released other 900 mln xrp. We know that the biggest part of each Escrow goes back in future escrows, but in general 200-300mln remain in circulation. In the page you posted (Wietse) we do not see the xrp (that 0,01% of big accounts are selling). So who is buying xrp? Can it be only Rippe, for marketing purposes (give the impression there are many supporters / keep price from falling)?

I am seeking the best point to re enter. Should price fall really badly to the 0.00 range it would be a blessing for everyone. Price would not stay there for too long and the total supply would be gone very quickly prompting real usage in cross border payments.

I'm guessing Wieste's stats come straight from the XRPL via his crawler/scripts bots/whatever and so far as I know, there's isn't a private way to do XRP transactions (??). If you really had the statistical tools you could probably trace exactly where all this "dumped" XRP is going; everything is public.

Kinda like the conservation of energy: energy is neither created nor destroyed, merely transferred from one form to another.

Or if you're a Gordon Gekko fan: It's a zero-sum game: somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe a lot of it is wholesale transactions; OTC would still show up in the XRP ledger, just not on the exchanges.

It's also possible that the way Wieste aggregates his data 'hides' the flows of where XRP is moving, generally speaking. It's not like people are 86'ing their XRP stashes en masse into phantom wallets or something; it's possible but I highly doubt it.

Edited by jetbrzzz