Poll: Have You Sold ?

Poll: Have You Sold Due to SEC Debacle ?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Due to the SEC debacle and price action that followed.. have you sold?

• I am OUT. Goodbye
    • I am out or partially out, but hope to buy back
    • I have not sold... but WILL sell (all or some) if things get much worse
    • I have not sold and have NO plans to

19 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

Anyone who's still in this forum and active has gone through some serious s%$t in the last three years and clearly doesn't have weak hands.  Also likely so far down in the red that it makes sense to either let it go to zero or try to rise from the dead instead. 

This. 

At this point, I put my faith in God and let this go. 

God does not gamble. I know. But I prayed so hard and asked so much for an opportunity of a lifetime to help my family forward. Conservative investments are great, and i do them, but this felt different.  20 years later I find XRP. 

I felt like this was an investment. It's become a speculative gamble. I'll see it through now until the end. Win or lose. 

Happy 2021 everyone. I'll see you on the otherside.  

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

So far... expected outcome but didn't expect to see the last option (holders) quite so far in lead

There is going to be a bias.  Those who have exited completely are likely not checking into "XRP"chat that often any more.

I personally converted my stack to BTC and ETH when it started to drop, but while I was still ahead (upper .40s) and then bought back about 20% of my original stack at .21.  I'm planning on just letting that little bit ride.  The gains I've made with BTC and ETH should cover my losses if XRP goes to 0.  If this little legal entanglement gets wrapped up next year and the price takes off, hopefully that 20% will be enough for some respectable gains.  Just hope there is an exchange left that I can sell on at that time :)

4 hours ago, Cambridge said:

This. 

At this point, I put my faith in God and let this go. 

God does not gamble. I know. But I prayed so hard and asked so much for an opportunity of a lifetime to help my family forward. Conservative investments are great, and i do them, but this felt different.  20 years later I find XRP. 

I felt like this was an investment. It's become a speculative gamble. I'll see it through now until the end. Win or lose. 

Happy 2021 everyone. I'll see you on the otherside.  

He gambled on humanity and free will...

Been lurking for years. Still holding.

Need another option -> Holding and buying more.

I think the expression is no longer "hands of steel", but "hands of adamantium" considering the events that just transpired.

Edited by Decima

I sold about 90% quite soon after the SEC news hit, then capitulated the last 10% after the Coinbase news....then...then I had a bit of a feeling that with news being so utterly negative toward XRP, with it being apparently "dead" (especially on /r/cryptocurrency)....I bought back that final 10% at a cheaper price.  I figure that the dust is settling a bit, and XRP will survive no matter what.  A couple of possible scenarios I see unfolding:-

• Ripple are punished heavily by the SEC to the point they can't operate and they wind down.  In its current guise, XRP is treated as a security (by the SEC) because of Ripple, so Ripple can't use XRP for their intended purposes (bridge asset) if that's determined in the court.   The irony here is that I believe if Ripple essentially went up in flames, XRP's price would probably tank (maybe out of the top 50), but at some point, there'll be enough buying pressure and it will take off again, completely rebranded: XRP minus Ripple.  It would be a kind of purification of the brand.  The network would receive more nodes and developers working on it (I believe).   With Ripple out of the picture, it would (again, ironically) be impossible to be seen as a security.  The whole security question is only because of Ripple.  In that sense, use cases would re-emerge for XRP with Ripple gone. 
  • Ripple get a slap on the wrist by the SEC and continue as they are.  XRP's price would rise up on this news so my 10% (of my original portfolio) stack would benefit from that, THOUGH there's still existing problems about how BG, CL and Ripple overall are funding themselves.

Of course, there's going to be more twists and turns along the way, unforseen things I don't even know that I don't know.  I accept that.  I just think that holding some XRP is a counter-intuitive play right now...which is why I bought back in (albeit a small amount).

Edited by 2ndtimearound

20 hours ago, Zerpple said:

There is going to be a bias.  Those who have exited completely are likely not checking into "XRP"chat that often any more.

I personally converted my stack to BTC and ETH when it started to drop, but while I was still ahead (upper .40s) and then bought back about 20% of my original stack at .21.  I'm planning on just letting that little bit ride.  The gains I've made with BTC and ETH should cover my losses if XRP goes to 0.  If this little legal entanglement gets wrapped up next year and the price takes off, hopefully that 20% will be enough for some respectable gains.  Just hope there is an exchange left that I can sell on at that time :)

I think BTC va and ETH have more downside. The prices are fake, based on being pumped up with Tether.

I won't sell now. It was a shock for a few days and i really thought about selling but now i realized that we will have clarity. Since i don't need the money I'm just too curious what's going to happen.Too exciting times to sell. Besides i have the impression that no crypto project is safe from the SEC for the next 12 month or so. Imagine selling xrp for something that will be attacked next by them lol.. Maybe we are just lucky to be the first receiving clarity in the space.