Through all this drama where does Jed come into play??

5 hours ago, jbjnr said:

I doubt very much that Jed has any insider information that is useful any more - my bet is on MV being the source of most of the information in the SEC filing. He was in the room where it happened during the whole period from 2017 to mid this year - the fact that he left ripple this year is probably significant given the timeline and accusations. Knowledge of the trading and market making plans and discussions means that it would have to be one of a quite small (I suspect) group of people at ripple.

Who is MV?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or he was an informant that cooperated with immunity as suggested by @Pablo Nothing factual obviously, but I'm leaning that way.  

It establishes that "under certain circumstances" Chris may have been aware XRP could be designated as a security. That "under circumstances" is a massive hedge. Learn how to read, bro. 

Agreed - there's nothing factual yet but we'll find out the whole story if this goes to trial because the SEC will need to produce affidavits in support, including from their key informants. My r

13 hours ago, Babelly said:

Or he was an informant that cooperated with immunity as suggested by @Pablo

Nothing factual obviously, but I'm leaning that way.

You know I agree, but here is my take if Ripple if Larsen and BG did something Nefarious and Jed and MV ratted them out so be it.  I am really curious about his stance because most people directly involved with Ripple have taken a stance on this but Jed remains silent, and like a silent fart we know how the story on silence goes. On another note if the SEC allegations whether the company is privately held or not investors are probably calling for the ouster of Brad and the removal of Larsen from the board  in silence.  I imagine a lot will depend on the outcome of the case but at the moment Ripple the company is loosing millions of dollars by the day and this can all be placed on the head of leadership.  I am not saying that Brad and Chris are guilty but Stellar is a Non Profit, SWIFT is a non profit  and thus being so and functioning under Non Profit guidelines which takes the light of the SEC off the organization. Why didn't Ripple become a non profit, but wait didn't Ripple just recently make a non profit arm of the company(A little to late, the blood was already in the water)I'm definitely pro XRP but when you look at things the SEC built this case over years and years it's not the fact that they act right away it's the fact that when they act they have enough evidence to forge change!! I think ripple will continue and XRP will not be deemed a security, fines will be levied both corporate and individually Brad and Chris will more than likely no longer be at the helm of ripple("Their reputations are no longer good for business, and their decisions have cost the company a lot of money)if they have any intentions to IPO in the future this will be a move they will have to make, nobody will take them serious with scandal ridden leadership) I mean BG and Chris are innocent until proven guilty but as it relates to business the damage has been done and Ripple as a company will need to in good faith make these moves to prove to the regulation suits that they are serious about running a company which is serious about following the guidelines. There is going to be house cleaning(no doubt!). I am also sure that Central Banks have a heavy hand in what's going on that is why I don't understand why Ripples leadership did not mimic the SWIFT business model as a non profit, Jed did with Stellar!! At this point it doesn't matter what the Ripple leadership does what matters is why were they not prepared for what was bound to come.  The SEC didn't go after BTC or Ethereum because they are going to utilize XRP  and this case with Ripple as the framework to go after those crypto's so BTC and ETH investors enjoy!!! Your time is coming shortly!! This why I don't understand these Maxi's who shit on XRP guess who their coming for next!!! The scary thing with the POW coins is not only will you have the SEC in your ass soon but also EPA and the CIA and if you don't see that a framework for government level crypto currency regulation will be built off this case with ripple you are truly blind. 

Edited by RikkiTikki_is_Back
13 hours ago, deadestfish said:

57. On May 26, 2014, Larsen explained in an email to an individual formerly associated with Ripple that the international law firm that wrote the Legal Memos advised “that investors and employees could not receive XRP” because that “could risk SEC designation [as] a security.” Larsen also explained that the XRP he received upon Ripple’s founding was “comp[ensation] for . . . personally assuming th[e] risk” of being deemed the issuers of securities—namely, XRP.

This is from the SEC complaint. I do wonder who the individual formerly associated with Ripple is. It was almost certainly this person who provided the email dated May 26, 2014 to the SEC, where Chris Larsen stated in writing he personally assumed the risk of Ripple being deemed the issuer of securities.

How Chris Larsen felt when he was writing that particular email and which words exactly he used is totally irrelevant. The judge will be evaluating hard facts. Wording of an email and "feelings" expressed in it will not have any impact on her ruling.

7 hours ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

I'm guessing the snitches were Jed and MV. The SEC seems to know waaaaay too much about internal communications surrounding marketing strategy. Jed wants to damage Ripple for obvious reasons. MV probably has some Cuban relatives he needs to help out (JUST KIDDING).

Miguel Vias did leave without a new job prospect, which did seem odd to me at the time. Could it be that he was an informant to save his own skin? He was on tape and video saying he "wanted to accumulate as much XRP" as possible or something along those lines. It was in a interview where he was wearing jeans I remember. After he said the comment, I immediately thought WTH is this guy thinking. Why say that publicly because it sounds incriminating since it sounds he knows something magical that's behind the scenes and by saying that he puts himself in a vulnerable position with regulators. So was being an informant a safe way out? I don't know just thinking out loud here. 

He's going to make a lot of money any way. Not sure he cares if he hasn't dumped his holdings anyway

20 minutes ago, Duke67 said:

How Chris Larsen felt when he was writing that particular email and which words exactly he used is totally irrelevant. The judge will be evaluating hard facts. Wording of an email and "feelings" expressed in it will not have any impact on her ruling.

It establishes without question that Chris Larsen was aware that xrp could be designed as a security in May, 2015. 

3 minutes ago, deadestfish said:

It establishes without question that Chris Larsen was aware that xrp could be designed as a security in May, 2015. 

It establishes that "under certain circumstances" Chris may have been aware XRP could be designated as a security. That "under circumstances" is a massive hedge. Learn how to read, bro. 

Edited by HenrySeldom
2 minutes ago, HenrySeldom said:

The first time I have read the words "under certain circumstances" is in your response. Where do you find this qualification?

14 hours ago, Babelly said:

Or he was an informant that cooperated with immunity as suggested by @Pablo

Nothing factual obviously, but I'm leaning that way.

Agreed - there's nothing factual yet but we'll find out the whole story if this goes to trial because the SEC will need to produce affidavits in support, including from their key informants.

My reasoning behind Jed's involvement with the SEC is set out here:

1 minute ago, HenrySeldom said:

This is more important than the email IMO. 

Paragraphs 3 & 4 of the SEC Complaint (you're highlighted section is from Paragraph 3). 

941596636_Screenshot2020-12-30at15_26_23.thumb.png.e12dc44e1b2fbad99e68f640d3b94734.png

In Paragraph 4, the SEC is arguing that Ripple and Larsen assumed the risk that XRP would be deemed a security. 

Larsen's stated belief that he personally assumed the risk of XRP being deemed to be security, would seem to reinforce that.

7 hours ago, lucky said:

Where do you see selling into USD IOU?

Hey there Luck, how you been?

I made a mistake, not USD IOU, just USD......sorry about that

from TACO STAND, the last XRP got transferred to this account below to be sold for USD

https://bithomp.com/explorer/rLkMJhSVwhmummLjJPVrwQRZZYiYQhVQ1A

I always wished for a EUR IOU on Bitstamp, instead of the USD IOU they have.  Ask multiple times to Bitstamp and never received a clear answer on why no EUR IOU

:drinks: to you buddy.....