Ripple Statement

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before jumping to all these conclusions that I keep reading on this site, we need to see Ripple's Answer, and perhaps more importantly Ripple's motion for summary judgment which will be filed somewher

TEAM RIPPLE DEC 29, 2020 The public and press have only heard the story from the SEC’s side, and we’ll be filing our response in a few weeks to address these unproven allegations against Ripple.

A settlement is not as valuable as a Court Decision.  A Settlement means the SEC & Ripple settle the dispute between themselves.. leaving Crypto writ large lingering without a Court Decision

They did it with the E Cig industry after ten years i was in - They see how all the companies operate then when it goes out of control with leakage the big boys come in. Its as simple as that. What do you not understand? Nothing to not understand really. This will make things better at the start with regulations untill things get to over regulated. Example could be your not allowed to dump a billion XRP on the market all in one go. A lot of good can come from reguations at the start.

Edited by Veng
3 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

A settlement is not as valuable as a Court Decision. 

A Settlement means the SEC & Ripple settle the dispute between themselves.. leaving Crypto writ large lingering without a Court Decision setting the regulatory parameters clear on what is/is not a security for all. Otherwise the industry just knows they my have to personally settle with the SEC on their project.

IMHO, a settlement is a bad outcome. We need new law settled by the courts.

Yeah, a Court Decision would be best for the industry at-large. However, my gut tells me that Ripple wants to get this thing behind them as quickly as possible!! Maybe if this was 4 years ago they would've been more inclined to fight, but Ripple has been in limbo for the past 4 years with respects to offering their ODL solution to US companies, banks, and FIs. I think they would much rather opt for a quick and fair settlement. Tbh, it's my opinnion that had Ripple been offered a fair settlement from the SEC, this thing would've been over and done. It's my belief that SEC wanted to take this to trial. Also, behind closed doors, I can guarantee you that Ripple's investors are mounting pressure on them to settle this thing and move on about their business, particularly Tetragon who ponied up 200-million last year via a Series C round. They've coughed-up a pretty penny to get Ripple into the positioned that they are in. I'm 100% selfish here. I WANT A QUICK AND FAIR SETTLEMENT!! Sometimes it has to be every man, woman, boy, and girl for themselves. Hopefully, with a new administration and new leadership Ripple can bypass this for a quick settlement. 

Edited by King34Maine
11 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Yeah, a Court Decision would be best for the industry at-large. However, my gut tells me that Ripple wants to get this thing behind them as quickly as possible!! Maybe if this was 4 years ago they would've been more inclined to fight, but Ripple has been in limbo for the past 4 years with respects to offering their ODL solution to US companies, banks, and FIs. I think they would much rather opt for a quick and fair settlement. Tbh, it's my opinnion that had Ripple been offered a fair settlement from the SEC, this thing would've been over and done. It's my belief that SEC wanted to take this to trial. Also, behind closed doors, I can guarantee you that Ripple's investors are mounting pressure on them to settle this thing and move on about their business, particularly Tetragon who ponied up 200-million last year via a Series C round. They've coughed-up a pretty penny to get Ripple into the positioned that they are in. I'm 100% selfish here. I WANT A QUICK AND FAIR SETTLEMENT!! Sometimes it has to be every man, woman, boy, and girl for themselves. 

I dont let short term desires, outweigh the longterm benefits that come from sacrificing now (negative present value) for a bigger longterm (positive future value).

In this situation the qualitative difference between a settlement and a court decision seems worth a few additional months of waiting. Most importantly, the world needs these monetary solutions operating as designed. 

I'm not a lawyer, but sometimes it's best to pay more for a better quality item.

Edited by KarmaCoverage
4 hours ago, Veng said:

They did it with the E Cig industry after ten years i was in - They see how all the companies operate then when it goes out of control with leakage the big boys come in. Its as simple as that. What do you not understand? Nothing to not understand really. This will make things better at the start with regulations untill things get to over regulated. Example could be your not allowed to dump a billion XRP on the market all in one go. A lot of good can come from reguations at the start.

Some regulation is a good thing. Ripple has been asking for it for years, and so have we. The plight that the SEC is all about helping the little guy, while in a very untimely manner using a bulldozer instead of a scalpel is the real fraud. 

9 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

In this situation the qualitative difference between a settlement and a court decision seems worth a few additional months of waiting. Most importantly, the world needs these monetary solutions operating as designed. 

Of course you're right - but can ripple really afford to let this drag on for 18 months or more? Their new LoC offering and existing ODL are significantly (if not completely) hobbled whilst this case goes on - they can't tread water for a year+ and risk the chance that no new customers will sign up with them, no new ODL corridors will open (SBI need to step up and save us by opening corridors in the far east) - and most significantly, market makers and liquidity providers sit by and xrp slowly drops in value, market volume drops and volatility rises. It just makes the transition 'post SEC' that much harder.

Volatility hurts spreads, reduced the efficiency of ODL and plays into the hands of the naysayers in banking who do not wish to use crypto in the real world.

I was convinced that Ripple were manipulating the market 'for the greater good' and I have no problem with them buying and selling xrp to achieve a stable price that makes ODL cost effective - I'm not delighted that Brad and Chris have milked the system, but if the SEC considers all the activity illegal, so be it and let's reach a settlement and move on.

The existing securities case that was already filed against ripple has been ongoing for several years - I never really understood why they did their best to delay the procedure - but I guess now I do. They knew they were guilty and they needed time for xpring, ODL, coil, flare etc etc - all those other projects to come into existence or mature and give them more ammunition to fight the argument that ripple alone are the sole providers of value to xrp.

EDIT: and the irony here is that BTC does nothing and yet has value - and now it rises even faster as all the others jump ship and buy into it.

Edited by jbjnr
10 hours ago, King34Maine said:

Yeah, a Court Decision would be best for the industry at-large. However, my gut tells me that Ripple wants to get this thing behind them as quickly as possible!!

So if they just wanted to get it over with... why didn't they settle right away? Asking a question because I think that logic is incorrect. But I might be wrong.

4 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

So if they just wanted to get it over with... why didn't they settle right away? Asking a question because I think that logic is incorrect. But I might be wrong.

My interpretation of BG's statement that he and Chris could have settled and gone free, is that the deal would not have included Ripple, so the court case would have gone forward anyway, just not against BG and CL. Not a great look for the CEO and Chairman.

Also: Why Settling With The SEC Can Be Worse Than Losing At Trial

2 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

My guess is that they didn't like the settlement agreement that was being offered and/or believe they can get a better deal from a Biden appointee. Also, the pre-trial conference is slated for February. At this point, both parties can still settle this thing without going to trial:

1 minute ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

My interpretation of BG's statement that he and Chris could have settled and gone free, is that the deal would not have included Ripple, so the court case would have gone forward anyway, just not against BG and CL. Not a great look for the CEO and Chairman.

Also: Why Settling With The SEC Can Be Worse Than Losing At Trial

Agreed. My conclusion is that Ripple wants to go to court and not settle and get this quickly over with.

On 12/29/2020 at 3:53 PM, Inequivalent said:

If you actually read the SEC filing then you would know that is infact the case. Its straight out fraud by the founders. 

and what,specifically, is the fraud?   Seriously.  Try not to use slang words like “dump”.   What has been proven to be fraudulent?   XRP is not legally determined to be a security at this point.   Founders are legally allowed to sell XRP.   Explain to me this fraudulent behavior you speak of?