Reaction from Ripple and did we really get fooled over such a long period of time?

Is_this_real

Dear members of XRP Chat, firstly i want to introduce myself as an Austrian guy, who wants to say thank you for many years of reading into this forum, you provided a lot of information and insights…..but now is the time for ripple to react because of this incredible massacre we are experiencing right at the moment….no comments from BG, CL and other representatives of Ripple in the last days, only DS joined discussions on Twitter and i really appreciate that……

so my question is: did we really get fooled by a company, which was worth 10 billion last year, which hired high profiled employees and which seeked and had negotiations with central banks, IMF and so on…….Cause that would mean, not only we as retail investors got fooled, but also these other parties and it is difficult to imagine that….For myself i hold my XRPs till the end, there are so many projects out there, which deserve to survive….

Bernie Madoff defrauded >$80 billion from the smartest people in the world. Ripple defrauded that amount from the dumbest (retail investors) who have a 90% lose rate. 

Atleast Madoff stole from the rich, Ripple stole from the poor. Brad and Chris was selling $600 million worth of xrp using BOTS on exchanges in a 3 year bear market whilst telling everyone they were signing up banks everyday, all a lie to get them rich. 

9 minutes ago, Inequivalent said:

Bernie Madoff defrauded >$80 billion from the smartest people in the world. Ripple defrauded that amount from the dumbest (retail investors) who have a 90% lose rate. 

Atleast Madoff stole from the rich, Ripple stole from the poor. Brad and Chris was selling $600 million worth of xrp using BOTS on exchanges in a 3 year bear market whilst telling everyone they were signing up banks everyday, all a lie to get them rich. 

So they dont have contracts with 450 banks?

Thats not good if so

2 hours ago, Is_this_real said:

Dear members of XRP Chat, firstly i want to introduce myself as an Austrian guy, who wants to say thank you for many years of reading into this forum, you provided a lot of information and insights…..but now is the time for ripple to react because of this incredible massacre we are experiencing right at the moment….no comments from BG, CL and other representatives of Ripple in the last days, only DS joined discussions on Twitter and i really appreciate that……

so my question is: did we really get fooled by a company, which was worth 10 billion last year, which hired high profiled employees and which seeked and had negotiations with central banks, IMF and so on…….Cause that would mean, not only we as retail investors got fooled, but also these other parties and it is difficult to imagine that….For myself i hold my XRPs till the end, there are so many projects out there, which deserve to survive….

Many people were aware and warning the community what was happening for years.  The real only difference between a few months ago and now, a credible source provided enough evidence in one document.  A few theories on how we have got to this point:

1. Many of thing things and customers Ripple claimed, were true.  Was everything correct and honest? No.  But enough was for people to create a halo perception of Ripple and the executive team.   I debated so many XRP followers over the year, them arguing Ripple could never mess up.  Ripple executive team was viewed as inhuman by many people, god like or some other perfect being.

2. Ripple took advantage of people's dreams- So many people would dream how which they are going to living their lives after cashing out of XRP. Buying cars, houses, retiring, etc..  It was common to see community posts discussing what they would be doing next in their life after selling all of their XRP, whenever XRP would increase in value.  Ripple didn't directly guaranteed these things, much of this was pushed by crypto influencers.  But Ripple did push selling XRP, which was people's tickets for these dreams.  People focusing this much on their dreams, puts blinders on from reality at the present time.

3. Ripple's business model involves many complicated components-  The typical XRP investor has little understanding of the banking industry, securities, economics, investing, etc.  So their is no way for them to decipher was is true, misleading, false, unlikely to happen, most likely will happen, etc. based on limited information being available.  When this occurs, people are dependent on listening to others.  Either listening to Ripple and influencers offering them what they perceive as a golden ticket or other critics saying their investment will most likely be a failure.  Enough people unconditionally believed Ripple.

Ripple and XRP could still theoretically be successful in the future.  There will most likely be other crypto that will be successful.  But, it will most likely not involve Chris and Brad making decisions like they have in the past.

Edited by wogojump

2 hours ago, Is_this_real said:

but now is the time for ripple to react because of this incredible massacre we are experiencing right at the moment….no comments from BG, CL and other representatives of Ripple in the last days,

It is standard in the legal field to never comment on ongoing legal matters as it can be used against you.

the courts are who you want to hear from. 

31 minutes ago, pucksterpete said:

to who?

You need to further clarify, which party you are referring to.  I would recommend to read the SEC Lawsuit, which they referenced to XRP investors as a general group being influenced to buy XRP, by Ripple.

Then the XRP investors that viewed XRP as being a ticket to fulfill their life dreams, search in Reddit and XRP chat posts.  Here is one example:

Edited by wogojump

3 minutes ago, pucksterpete said:

I have never heard Ripple or anyone from Ripple trying to influence "XRP Investors" to purchase XRP

Can you point me to a link, video or document (not sec complaint) where this has happened?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/05/ripple-ceo-dozens-of-banks-will-use-xrp-product-in-2019.html

"3 household names"

the list goes on and on

1 hour ago, pucksterpete said:

I have never heard Ripple or anyone from Ripple trying to influence "XRP Investors" to purchase XRP

Can you point me to a link, video or document (not sec complaint) where this has happened?

Employees have made numerous comments in the past.  One example is Ripple used to have this "How to Buy XRP" section on their webpage: https://web.archive.org/web/20180806172738/https://ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/.

I believe they have taken this down, because lawsuits like the SEC are using this as evidence trying to show Ripple has helped influence XRP investors to purchase XRP.

Edited by wogojump