Action plan after SEC complaint

32 minutes ago, Cambridge said:

This is where it gets murky for me. If XRP eventually gets categorized as a "Digital Asset Security" as opposed to a standard and traditional "Security", then how can they differ for this new financial framework?

What i want to know is, can a digital asset security still be used as a bridge asset between two fiat currencies once there is enough liquidity? If so, then Ripple and XRP will survive and potentially prosper, especially with interoperability in play. Just my opinion. I have no choice at this point but to sit it out. 

i am very certain that chategorization will be set in motion after the trial. It is up for grabs at this moment to guess on it unfortunately. so uncetanty till the end.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The XRP market is currently in panic mode and panic is never a good advisor for any action. I guess everyone should make their own conclusion about the SEC impact. My bullet points: No

Oh well, like most, this was news we kind of knew was going to come, granted it’s come at a strange time.  But like a lot of you, I’ve been in for a while and I got in low so I’m ok, even during thi

So here is some gossip. And take what you will as this is an internet forum and this is me simply replaying third party opinion: I  spoke with a US colleague who knows the SEC and the Democrats w

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

No sure what is financially Conservative means today.

Certainly it isn’t leaving cash in an interest bearing account. And probably isn’t bonds either. Probably it is a highly diversified equity portfolio.

My XRP is only a small portion of my assets. Roughly 45% Property, 45% Equities,  5% Gold, 3 % Cash and 2% Crypto.

Conservative for me is 401k and a Roth. Savings as well for a years worth of emergency spending in case I lose my job or any other unforeseen circumstance. 

This was a speculative bet, and I was very excited for it. I thought if bitcoin could become a store of value, surely a working product that can be used as a bridge asset will have long-term potential. Then, came in the SEC. I don't know what will happen next. I'm hoping for the best.

3 hours ago, buh said:

completely different cases. Apples to oranges.

KIK was a single ICO and without a live network.

Ripple and XRP have an ongoing ICO and a live network since inception. The SEC verbatum is very clear there.

Do tell what did they coin did they ICO when they launched their ICO?

18 hours ago, Panopticon said:

There is no parent company. No creator anymore. No devs anymore. No use at all. And you consider rational buying that very definition of a ponzi? Maybe in the short term and if you hope for a quick pump and dump sure.

BTC is seen favorably because of the hype, as loaded people like the winclevosses and co have their pockets full of it. Other than that it is completely useless to anyone. The fact that you consider a good thing that even the creator of a coin like LTC dumped it and left it shows they irrationality of crypto "investing". BTC (and any crypto) can easily go down, just as easy as, or even worse, than XRP. The CCP can anytime literally destroy BTC through double spending. And that will be forever, not for 6 months because of court case that can go either way.

XRP took a beating and will take more and there is the possibility it can go down the drain and the history books as a missed chance. Personally I do not care about some months time frame, so I will take the risk, because I do not think this is over yet. If I am wrong I am wrong. I do not care about hate or love for any crypto, those sentiments change at a speed of light.

It doesn't matter how smart you are or how dumb LTC buyers are. The market has spoken. The market says LTC price goes up. It also says XRP go down. It's reality you are arguing with.

The winkelvii don't have more than half the supply of bitcoin in escrow like Ripple. 

The CCP can roll back btc transactions but that would hurt bitcoin and billions of dollars they have invested in it too. So far they haven't rolled back transactions or killed bitcoin. Brad G on the other hand has been outed by the SEC for pumping and dumping on holders to the tune of 600 million dollars and that's just Brad. He and the good folks at Ripple have been destroying XRP for years by dumping on holders. And yet here you are taking his side.

2 hours ago, Gamblord said:

It doesn't matter how smart you are or how dumb LTC buyers are. The market has spoken. The market says LTC price goes up. It also says XRP go down. It's reality you are arguing with.

The winkelvii don't have more than half the supply of bitcoin in escrow like Ripple. 

The CCP can roll back btc transactions but that would hurt bitcoin and billions of dollars they have invested in it too. So far they haven't rolled back transactions or killed bitcoin. Brad G on the other hand has been outed by the SEC for pumping and dumping on holders to the tune of 600 million dollars and that's just Brad. He and the good folks at Ripple have been destroying XRP for years by dumping on holders. And yet here you are taking his side.

You understood nothing of what I wrote.

6 hours ago, Gamblord said:

*150M
Also, I would only consider it dumping if he sold massive amounts at peak prices, having information that we didn't.
If Brad sold 150M over the course of three years, in a similar fashion as Jed is doing (x% per daily volume), his sales would not even amount to 0.025% of daily volume on average. That's not dumping. Remember, you can still be long on something AND sell/diversify your holdings.

7 hours ago, Gamblord said:

Need to wait to hear BG and CLs side of it. Reading the complaint is concerning but the big caveat, for me, is that they've been operating in a market with minimal regulatory clarity. The scope therefore for operating with good intentions but nonetheless in a way which eventual regulation may deem illegal and in a way which may be ostensibly questionable, is large. There's been no regulation to distinguish tokens/ledgers with genuine utility from ponzi speculation coins. 

If life has taught me anything its that there are always two sides and hearing the other side often allows the facts to be seen in an entirely new light. Clearly Ripple will know far more about what they were doing and why they were doing it than the SEC. They're a major player and have been operating with the advice of top lawyers (I believe). I suspect there's another side to this.

Edited by exarepee2020

I know it’s seems contrite to say but why can’t Ripple say we asked for regulation to ensure we operated within set parameters over the years and the SEC failed to materialise those parameters so we just had to do the best we could? The world doesn’t stop spinning and tech evolving because one arm of a government regulatory body is slow on the uptake despite other arms of that government issuing statements stating XRP isn’t a security and other countries also doing the same. As far as Ripple could be concerned, they did the best they could despite consistently asking for regulation. 

14 minutes ago, B088IN said:

I know it’s seems contrite to say but why can’t Ripple say we asked for regulation to ensure we operated within set parameters over the years and the SEC failed to materialise those parameters so we just had to do the best we could? The world doesn’t stop spinning and tech evolving because one arm of a government regulatory body is slow on the uptake despite other arms of that government issuing statements stating XRP isn’t a security and other countries also doing the same. As far as Ripple could be concerned, they did the best they could despite consistently asking for regulation. 

Well it is pretty clear that the SEC is an antique and isn't fit for purpose.

I understand heads will role when Biden comes in, so if the SEC has been infiltrated, then there will be a decent clear out.

Buy American buy XRP.

2 hours ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

Well it is pretty clear that the SEC is an antique and isn't fit for purpose.

I understand heads will role when Biden comes in, so if the SEC has been infiltrated, then there will be a decent clear out.

Buy American buy XRP.

Can't  happen soon enough to be rid of anything to do with the trump fiasco.  Clearer skies ahead ...

On 31/12/2020 at 08:47, Gambaard said:

* 150M
Inoltre, lo prenderei in considerazione solo se vendesse quantità enormi a prezzi di punta, avendo informazioni che non abbiamo.
Se Brad vendesse 150 milioni nel corso di tre anni, in modo simile a quanto sta facendo Jed (x% per volume giornaliero), le sue vendite non ammonterebbero nemmeno allo 0,025% del volume giornaliero in media. Questo non è dumping. Ricorda, puoi ancora essere lungo su qualcosa E vendere / diversificare le tue partecipazioni.

exactly

I think this whole situation is leading to one of the biggest opportunity to make money out of XRP. I personally increased my stack by 30% during the last few days.

I sold all my XRP some days ago but then bought back for these reasons:

1. The crypto market is crazy and led by speculators, you never know if anything will skyrocket, even now for XRP
  2. The panic selling that we saw some days ago is probably done for now, the news about exchanges delisting or blocking XRP should not bring to any major drop since the market already absorbed the bad news. Binance.US announced delisting yesterday and we are up 10% today.
  3. The SEC case will probably not be solved until a few weeks/months and more people could jump on XRP hoping for a positive resolution
  4. Since the speculation is always behind every price movement, if the court case will see Ripple as the winner, the XRP price will surely explode at least in the short term
  5. Major coins and alts are close to the ATH and/or their price increased a lot during the last weeks. Convert XRP holdings to any other crypto might be risky if the market starts to retrace while XRP could remain kind of stable (as many other times did)
  6. Some projects like LTC are dead since years but the price keeps to increase, this demonstrates that rationality is not a component of this market (or really marginal)

For these main reasons I think I'll keep trying to increase my stack in XRP and hold until possible. The best advice I can share with everyone is to closely monitor the news around XRP now more than ever. Activate alerts of any kind to make profit on any possible bad news, protect your investment and make informed choices.

Happy new year to everyone!

33 minutes ago, xrpen said:

I think this whole situation is leading to one of the biggest opportunity to make money out of XRP. I personally increased my stack by 30% during the last few days.

1. The crypto market is crazy and led by speculators, you never know if anything will skyrocket, even now for XRP
  2. The panic selling that we saw some days ago is probably done for now, the news about exchanges delisting or blocking XRP should not bring to any major drop since the market already absorbed the bad news. Binance.US announced delisting yesterday and we are up 10% today.
  3. The SEC case will probably not be solved until a few weeks/months and more people could jump on XRP hoping for a positive resolution
  4. Since the speculation is always behind every price movement, if the court case will see Ripple as the winner, the XRP price will surely explode at least in the short term
  5. Major coins and alts are close to the ATH and/or their price increased a lot during the last weeks. Convert XRP holdings to any other crypto might be risky if the market starts to retrace while XRP could remain kind of stable (as many other times did)
  6. Some projects like LTC are dead since years but the price keeps to increase, this demonstrates that rationality is not a component of this market (or really marginal)

For these main reasons I think I'll keep trying to increase my stack in XRP and hold until possible. The best advice I can share with everyone is to closely monitor the news around XRP now more than ever. Activate alerts of any kind to make profit on any possible bad news, protect your investment and make informed choices.

A danger is if you are in US, you may find yourself unable to buy/sell XRP anywhere legally until some clarity is achieved.

1 hour ago, xrpen said:

I did on the way down, out at $0.48 and back at $0.22, then one more trade out at $0.27 and back in at $0.23 having missed the $0.18 bottom. 

Good enough for a 2.5x stack and value increase. Better than sitting on BTC.