Ripple says it will be sued by the SEC

yxxyun

9 minutes ago, panmores said:

Dems are much closer to this industry, California's Silicon Valley et al. Just a matter of time that this fuckup Clayton attempt fails.

Is the new administration possibly not even more of the opinion that XRP is an unregistered security. I remember reading that one of the people in charge of financial regulations is on record saying that xrp is without a doubt a security in the past. 

Interesting to see where this ends up. Hopefully just a fine and then happy days. 

Edited by AgamemnonUA

1 minute ago, AgamemnonUA said:

Is the new administration possibly not even more of the opinion that XRP is an unregistered security. I remember reading that one of the people in charge of financial regulations is on record saying that xrp is without a doubt a security in the past. 

Interesting to see where this ends up. Hopefully just a fine and then happy days. 

Yes, the coming administration has no doubts on the security status of XRP either

16 minutes ago, AgamemnonUA said:

From the Fortune article:

Ripple’s decision to announce that it’s about to be sued is an unusual one. Garlinghouse has predicted the incoming Biden administration may be friendlier to the cryptocurrency industry than the Trump administration has been, suggesting that Ripple’s preemptive announcement may have a political component.

20 minutes ago, strikerjax said:

Sounds like it paves the way for Ripple to pay a fine and settle this

Kik case :  https://www.the-blockchain.com/2020/10/31/kik-kicks-back-at-sec-in-final-judgement-5-million-fine-final-judgement-reached/

I searched for KIK on Livecoinwatch and can´t find anything. Is that coin still trading? Did it ever go up after the judgement and fine? 

25 minutes ago, strikerjax said:

Sounds like it paves the way for Ripple to pay a fine and settle this

Kik case :  https://www.the-blockchain.com/2020/10/31/kik-kicks-back-at-sec-in-final-judgement-5-million-fine-final-judgement-reached/

What kik did was infinitely worse and they basically got away with a slap on the wrist. They were an ico at the peak of it all. I can’t see how xrp gets a worse ruling than that.