Do we an estimate of total XRP counted in the Flare snapshot?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All sorts of possible reasons why they mightn’t answer.  Most likely they are busy.   That’s easy.  THEY didn’t take the snapshot.  The XRP Ledger did.  It does one every three seconds.  T

^^ haha my guess was around that too, so I'll now say HIGHER... 1:1.33 Most big exchanges are on board, but there's the 6.4B XRP held by Ripple according to https://ripple.com/xrp/market-performa

They answer questions in discord or telegram, I also didn't get a reply from the contact form (in hindsight I must admit my question was a bit stupid so never mind)  You can update the messagekey

Only Ripple reserves in the circulating supply and some ex employees like the co-founder are stripped, affecting the ratio. Everything that exceeds 1Billion of whales holdings, and known scammers have their share pur into a reward pool for agents starting to utilize the network. If people don't claim their share, it'll be burned in June. Some exchanges assign people IOU's according the ratio and their 15% share, so it'll be public soon what the ratio is. 

2 hours ago, meegwell said:

With this number - if I recall correctly - we should be able to guesstimate the distribution ration correct or no?

Forgot to mention the non-participating exchange wallets, those affect ratio too. We will have to wait for an announcement. Or do the math from the issued IOU's end of December. And Jeds share goes to reward pool instead. A bit messy because the older FAQ wasn't updated to reflect that 

Edited by Sotong
3 hours ago, Sotong said:

Forgot to mention the non-participating exchange wallets, those affect ratio too. We will have to wait for an announcement. Or do the math from the issued IOU's end of December. And Jeds share goes to reward pool instead. A bit messy because the older FAQ wasn't updated to reflect that 

I go first.  For fun what do you guess the ratio will be 1 : 1.2?  

9 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I go first.  For fun what do you guess the ratio will be 1 : 1.2?  

^^ haha my guess was around that too, so I'll now say HIGHER... 1:1.33

Most big exchanges are on board, but there's the 6.4B XRP held by Ripple according to https://ripple.com/xrp/market-performance,that needs to be "re-distributed"... 

By the way I'm lurking since long and always liked your calm, positive, common sense viewpoints. Thanks for that, it helped during bear market when most people were Doomers. 

So to make it less confusing, everybody was preparing his account before the snapshot, but that was not necessary at all :-) You only needed to have your account in self custody or at an exchange that pays out the Spark? 

And your account must only be prepared before the claim date in June, amirite?

I may sound as a troll here;) :wacko:

but again! (as I did not receive any direct answer from Flare team for whatever reason!)

If I set my messagekey, before the snapshot, can i set it up again, before the Bot starts distributions later next year, if I have not set the messagekey correctly! The wise people have spoken and said - "yes" you can!

But why Flare is silent!

Maybe their bot is lazy, and  it reads all the snapshot messagekeys, and then goes day by day until the deadline at June!

:hunter:

10 minutes ago, joe91 said:

but again! (as I did not receive any direct answer from Flare team for whatever reason!)

Think about it like this:

• the sensible way to program it would be for the smart contract to lookup the XRP account at time of distribution.  So that leans to:  change it as much as you like no worries
  • the snapshot is done.  So if I’m wrong about the previous statement you can’t change anything anyway.

So you have nothing to lose by fixing the address, everything to gain, and if it’s too late to do anything then changing it won’t matter.  Check if they have a contact email on their website.

7 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

Think about it like this:

• the sensible way to program it would be for the smart contract to lookup the XRP account at time of distribution.  So that leans to:  change it as much as you like no worries
  • the snapshot is done.  So if I’m wrong about the previous statement you can’t change anything anyway.

So you have nothing to lose by fixing the address, everything to gain, and if it’s too late to do anything then changing it won’t matter.  Check if they have a contact email on their website.

Good Answer as Always! Thanks Mate! :good:

On their website, there is a form to fill, no direct email, i did fill the form, no answer!

on twitter, people asking some kid questions, they get hundred responses, I ask my question, no replies, from anyone!

Its like, I am not asking anything out of this world, a simple question! everyone ignores it!

You are absolutely correct, if i set it again, I have nothing to lose and stuff, but....

its a matter of principal!

how can you trust them, if they can not answer a simple question!?

Of course a sensible way to program it, is for the bot, to search messagekey fields at time of distribution; but I do not know, when they took a snapshot, what exactly they took?!, what if it showed ledger addresses with all other info?!

messagekey field and other related stuff?!

I mean, I think we are all overplaying this Flare thing a bit for sure, they are masters of attention indeed, but, as any other  human being, if stuff goes deep, and its free, i do not  want to be laid behind cause of some silly mistake i did!

That is why i am begging for an answer, an easy one indeed, and the creators are not responding!

Of course, I can try, emailing them one by one, individually, their emails must be in public domain!

but, it just gets on my poor nerves, that I must do such effort, to get an easy answer from those 'innovators'!

:girl_sigh:

2 hours ago, joe91 said:

how can you trust them, if they can not answer a simple question!?

All sorts of possible reasons why they mightn’t answer.  Most likely they are busy.

2 hours ago, joe91 said:

but I do not know, when they took a snapshot, what exactly they took?!,

That’s easy.  THEY didn’t take the snapshot.  The XRP Ledger did.  It does one every three seconds.  They simply noted what ledger number was first on dec 12th.

When they want to distribute they will look up the amount in the account ON THAT PARTICULAR LEDGER.   And yeah it has everything there.  All account info for every single account in the XRP universe.

I’m going to be honest with you...  I don’t think they owe you an answer.  It would be smart and good public relations, but they have made the rules and we just abide by them if we want to be in their airdrop.

Obviously I hope and think you will get an answer.  But probably they are just busy.  Maybe they are collating all these outstanding questions for a faq that they will release in future.  

You have either screwed it,  or you are lucky and they design well, and you can change it right up until they disperse the Spark.

I think you should correct the mistake and then just wait.  I’m fairly certain by next year we will know these things.  And the general principal of “do what you can, but don’t worry about things out of your control” applies.

Take the steps to fix it and that will either work or it won’t.  You will either know beforehand or you won’t.  None of that is in your control and I imagine that it is extremely easy for them to miss one question in amongst a flood.

I advise action on the bit you can control and patience and calmness on the bits you can’t.

The other possibility is that they are so low value you can just buy as many as you would have gotten for the price of a coffee.  That’s one strong possibility actually.