Flare airdrop of Spark tokens to XRP holders faq

BillyOckham

Maybe that they don't want to tie up the message field long term/indefinately,

why should it be used exclusively for Flare?

so if you dont set or change your message key after June

then that will be the wallet used or you have missed the train.

8 hours ago, paym8 said:

Maybe that they don't want to tie up the message field long term/indefinately,

why should it be used exclusively for Flare?

so if you dont set or change your message key after June

then that will be the wallet used or you have missed the train.

That’s sounds reasonable but there are two things against it.  The first is that it’s not indefinitely.  It’s only a max of three years or so.  The second is that the reason the field was chosen is because it’s not used currently.

It could be most flexible by using the logic: ‘to flare address already recorded at first claim unless it’s changed’.  Which would allow the flare address to be removed and the field used as intended (or cleared) once the first payout has been made.

But you may be right...  they might just default to first claim address always.  If it is not done flexibly then I think it’s inevitable  that there will be a few cases of ‘don’t have the keys to that address’ type errors that can’t be undone. Time will tell I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Right you may have read that I was hospitalized with Covid for 5 weeks and missed the cut off point re Coinbase over XRP etc

I ventured into Crypto against my better judgement but managed to earn a bundle off a couple of coins more by luck than anything else

I'm not going to push my luck any further, however what (if anything) do I need to do over these flare tokens ??  Am being serious will I be notified ??  Do I have to claim something ??

Thanks

• 2 months later...

@billyockham thank you for your posts! very useful!! quick question - apologies if this has already been covered: once the flare address has been set up (did mine before the snapshot) is there a way to check to see if everything will work e.g. like how much spark you would get in the future etc... ? :)

18 minutes ago, Xrpdude said:

@billyockham thank you for your posts! very useful!! quick question - apologies if this has already been covered: once the flare address has been set up (did mine before the snapshot) is there a way to check to see if everything will work e.g. like how much spark you would get in the future etc... ? :)

Thanks for the kind words.  

If you go here you can see what a Flare enabled account looks like.  Put your PUBLIC address into the search and you will see your account.  (Don’t put the secret key there...  the thing that starts with ‘s’)

4 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

Thanks for the kind words.  

If you go here you can see what a Flare enabled account looks like.  Put your PUBLIC address into the search and you will see your account.  (Don’t put the secret key there...  the thing that starts with ‘s’)

ah OK, thank you! is there a link? much appreciated!

1 hour ago, Xrpdude said:

ah OK, thank you! is there a link? much appreciated!

Rather than use a standard hyperlink like everyone else does,  I decided to use a hyper dimensional link.

If you can’t see it,  that’s probably because you are limited to just four dimensions.

Or

I’m a doddering old idiot that forgot to include the link to XRPscan (that @brianwalden in his very stylish crocs, kindly did for us).

One of those two options is true.   :) 

4 hours ago, Godsfavorite said:

Can anyone please tell me if I am eligible to receive spark tokens . Have 4000 xrp on desktop ripple wallet since 2016. Can’t seem to set message key. Says accounts can’t sign transaction. How the heck do I sign transaction?

Desktop ripple wallet - that means you downloaded the software, right? Has it been updated since 2016? If you can't get it to work, you may want to try importing your wallet into XUMM.

No I don’t think it has been updated. Do I go to the Wallet itself to sign the message key ?  
I went to xrp tool kit and put in the Ethereum address just like the instruction said but it just says I need to sign.

then I tried  exporting all my xrp to a nano ledger wallet and signed the transaction and then it told me that I’m not eligible. 

50 minutes ago, Godsfavorite said:

No I don’t think it has been updated. Do I go to the Wallet itself to sign the message key ?  
I went to xrp tool kit and put in the Ethereum address just like the instruction said but it just says I need to sign.

then I tried  exporting all my xrp to a nano ledger wallet and signed the transaction and then it told me that I’m not eligible. 

You have to use the same wallet that the XRP was in in December to sign the transaction. You can keep your XRP in your ledger if you prefer, it doesn't matter where the XRP is now. You just need enough XRP in your old wallet to sign the transaction.

You could maybe try Wietse's tool. https://flare.wietse.com/

If you can't use the Ripple desktop to sign the transaction, try using it's secret key to import it into XUMM. It's a highly recommended wallet app.

On 4/10/2021 at 11:04 AM, brianwalden said:

You have to use the same wallet that the XRP was in in December to sign the transaction. You can keep your XRP in your ledger if you prefer, it doesn't matter where the XRP is now. You just need enough XRP in your old wallet to sign the transaction.

You could maybe try Wietse's tool. https://flare.wietse.com/

If you can't use the Ripple desktop to sign the transaction, try using it's secret key to import it into XUMM. It's a highly recommended wallet app.

Hey I was able to get it done using Xxum.Thank you for your help Brian