Jump to content

Jed running dry within 4 months ?


kanaas
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, jargoman said:


He could theoretically sell for a hundred years if the formula is based on fiat value and XRP keeps rising. I think he should have been allowed to sell more sooner. Why slowly increase the amount he can sell. Should have been 20% the volume for the first month. Then 15%. Then 10%. Then reduce by 1%. Sooner the better like an ico. Dragging it on forever is ridiculous. 

I agree. His name keeps dwelling around. And if XRP "takes off" as some alude to he might become a multi-billionaire against his will. I'd rather had him sell it all at once or over a very short period of time. The price would tank shortly and tremendously but afterwards we'd be cleansed of his name. And in those days that wouldn't have mattered since there was no actual usage of xRapid/ODL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

I agree. His name keeps dwelling around. And if XRP "takes off" as some alude to he might become a multi-billionaire against his will. I'd rather had him sell it all at once or over a very short period of time. The price would tank shortly and tremendously but afterwards we'd be cleansed of his name. And in those days that wouldn't have mattered since there was no actual usage of xRapid/ODL.

Are you aware of the fact that without Jed there possibly wouldn't have been no XRP, Ripple and consensus model as we know it? ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, joe91 said:

Jed blasting all cash in based on what is allowed to take in! It is not patience!

 

Why is railing in million dollars a day a bad strategy? :D I think he gets it. If XRP goes up tremendously he'll become extremely wealthy even by immediately selling. If XRP fails and become irrelevant and so goes down he has been DCA-ing out which is basically the "best" price out. And he'll still be 100s of millions wealthy.

You think he has no patience because your conviction is that XRP goes to the moon. But it might not and the longer it takes the less likely it becomes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

if you look closely, the XRP DEX from where Jed is selling is literally working as an OTC market.

You just need to watch daily activity of the DEX to notice that there is very few liquidity. yet, the moment Jed receives is daily XRP you can see the rapid movement of accounts buying is XRP. His account via the DEX places 1million XRP orders every time. Those orders are filled within seconds or minutes maximum. If you then check the transaction buyers, you can see large accounts buying those XRP.

 

this is literally happening daily.

 

so one can speculate that likely exchanges and/or big wallets are buying jed´s xrp. His "selling" pressure is honestly none existing via the DEX. Altough i do not discard that those accounts buying Jed´s XRP are then selling them in other open markets, since DEX does not charge transaction fees.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rey said:

Are you aware of the fact that without Jed there possibly wouldn't have been no XRP, Ripple and consensus model as we know it? ...

Possibly. That would have been fine too. It's just that Jed doesn't believe in the project yet he has still a huge stack and keeps having influence in the XRP market. It's not only him for sure. I feel more comfortable with people holding these kind of stacks that are trying to get XRP successful than Jed who created XLM because he didn't like the way the XRP ledger was going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SquaryBone said:

Possibly. That would have been fine too. It's just that Jed doesn't believe in the project yet he has still a huge stack and keeps having influence in the XRP market. It's not only him for sure. I feel more comfortable with people holding these kind of stacks that are trying to get XRP successful than Jed who created XLM because he didn't like the way the XRP ledger was going.

Actually Jed made an ultimatum that the board choose between him and Chris Larsen, the board unanimously chose Larsen.  Then Jed picked up his things and left.  He was not asked to leave, he left because he and his girlfriend could not use Ripple as their private company.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, joe91 said:

Jargoman, you are are smart person, a very smart dude! but how can you say that Jed is the patient one?!?

 

The patient quote was about the stock market. The comment about Jed is that he's walking away with all the money

edit: being called smart on this forum is a compliment. Lots of genius's on this forum 

Edited by jargoman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rey said:

Did you check if Jed was the only one, or even the biggest seller in the last few years?

No one else other than Chris Larsen and possibly Arthur Britto have anywhere close to Jed's holdings. Even large wallet holders are pip squeaks in comparison. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, jargoman said:

No one else other than Chris Larsen and possibly Arthur Britto have anywhere close to Jed's holdings. Even large wallet holders are pip squeaks in comparison. 

People with the largest wallets aren't necessarily the biggest sellers in a specific time frame, big bag holders often own several accounts. My point being: we just don't know about a lot of XRP holders, sellers and the impact of their behaviour on price development. And the introduction of crypto derivatives early 2018 might have contributed to the list of big sellers ...

Edited by Rey
language
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SadtoshiNaggingmoto said:

Is he allowed to buy more XRP with the millions/billions he's making to uphold the downward pressure on XRP to strengthen XLM?  

I don't think his goal is to destroy XRP. His goal is likely to force ripple to sell their bags at a cheaper price and keep XRP from being centralised. If not his goal is to simply sell his XRP and make money. He's limited to how much he can sell at a time so he sells the max he is allowed. He wanted to dump it all at $0.005. He's not some evil mastermind. He has his reasons for what he does. I think he's gone too far. He burned half the supply of stellar. He could burn the rest of his XRP if he wanted. He may shock everyone and do so. I don't think he props up the price of stellar. He may be using the money to pay stellar developers. 

The more he sells, the cheaper XRP is and the more of it that's in circulation. If ripple wants to fund operations they have to sell at a cheaper price. He's making ripple part with their bags while putting coins in the hands of the community. Spreading the wealth around more. However at the same time he's bleeding the community of value. 

He's against centralisation yet he is a central figure in crypto.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jargoman said:

I don't think his goal is to destroy XRP. His goal is likely to force ripple to sell their bags at a cheaper price and keep XRP from being centralised. If not his goal is to simply sell his XRP and make money. He's limited to how much he can sell at a time so he sells the max he is allowed. He wanted to dump it all at $0.005. He's not some evil mastermind. He has his reasons for what he does. I think he's gone too far. He burned half the supply of stellar. He could burn the rest of his XRP if he wanted. He may shock everyone and do so. I don't think he props up the price of stellar. He may be using the money to pay stellar developers. 

The more he sells, the cheaper XRP is and the more of it that's in circulation. If ripple wants to fund operations they have to sell at a cheaper price. He's making ripple part with their bags while putting coins in the hands of the community. Spreading the wealth around more. However at the same time he's bleeding the community of value. 

He's against centralisation yet he is a central figure in crypto.  

 

 

... exactly this is one of the issues in the security debate imho ... Brad can say whatever he wants about XRP being used 'as a currency' by some market participants today, but it's much more about how the current XRP allocation and thus the XRP market conditions became what they currently are in the first place (just imho of course) ...

Let's add a little GIF to the text ...

380px-Muenchhausen_Herrfurth_7_500x789.j
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Actually Jed made an ultimatum that the board choose between him and Chris Larsen, the board unanimously chose Larsen.  Then Jed picked up his things and left.  He was not asked to leave, he left because he and his girlfriend could not use Ripple as their private company.  

Thanks for that info. Don't know the details. But in the end I don't feel like it changes a lot to the conversation. Jed should not have kept his XRP if he left the project. It's childish to put up such an ultimatum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.