Jed running dry within 4 months ?

kanaas

2 hours ago, kanaas said:

Today there was a huge increase in the amounts Jed's being daily dropped from his receiving account to his selling account
This amount changes each Sunday, and is based on XRP volumes of the past week
That receiving account is fed (or at least controlled) by Ripple from his "reserve" now still holding 3.65B

A daily 29.5M means that he will be sold out within 4 months....

Its crazy large amount he is selling a day, it probably makes this daily 'salary' one of the highest in the world, like what is he getting currently, hmm, 18 million dollars a day ?!? good salary indeed!

What it shows,though,  is that even such huge daily dumps of 30 million XRP on the world markets do technically nothing bad to the XRP price!

1 hour ago, joe91 said:

Its crazy large amount he is selling a day, it probably makes this daily 'salary' one of the highest in the world, like what is he getting currently, hmm, 18 million dollars a day ?!? good salary indeed!

What it shows,though,  is that even such huge daily dumps of 30 million XRP on the world markets do technically nothing bad to the XRP price!

If you think of it in terms of money leaving the system as a cash out. In a zero sum game, those profits would go to someone else. Theoretically if he were to stop selling, XRP could create 15 millionaires a day easily.

He's probably sold enough to make every member of this forum a millionaire.

Also think of those that lost huge amounts of money from heavy bags. 

"The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient." - Warren Buffett.

XRP is a device for transferring money from everybody to to Jed Mcaleb

3 hours ago, Dxeed said:

All-in-all, volume is good. I dont know how some people would view the increase in Jed's sales as something bad. I hope the volume continues to stay high so he can unload more of his bags and deplete them sooner than later. To each their own, but I'd willingly go through another 6-12 months of price stagnation at these levels, if it means Jed will deplete his bags entirely. 

He could theoretically sell for a hundred years if the formula is based on fiat value and XRP keeps rising. I think he should have been allowed to sell more sooner. Why slowly increase the amount he can sell. Should have been 20% the volume for the first month. Then 15%. Then 10%. Then reduce by 1%. Sooner the better like an ico. Dragging it on forever is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, jargoman said:

If you think of it in terms of money leaving the system as a cash out. In a zero sum game, those profits would go to someone else. Theoretically if he were to stop selling, XRP could create 15 millionaires a day easily.

"The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient." - Warren Buffett.

Jargoman, you are are smart person, a very smart dude! but how can you say that Jed is the patient one?!?

Jed blasting all cash in based on what is allowed to take in! It is not patience!

What is the difference for him if he has 3 or 4 billion in the bank?! is there a difference?! I dont think!

So, I would call this guy super impatient! Xrp community plays him! he will blast all his zerps early, and then be blinking his eyes like a kid in front of a Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree!

If the dude is patient, he save the zerps! of course he still may! He may abruptly stop selling at 1 billion and still be the boss! but for now, he aint no patient maestro, he is a greedy dude with no money to spend! 

So, either he comes to his senses, or the senses cum to  him!

Easy Choices!

:bomb:

6 hours ago, jargoman said:

Did you check if Jed was the only one, or even the biggest seller in the last few years?

5 hours ago, joe91 said:

Jargoman, you are are smart person, a very smart dude! but how can you say that Jed is the patient one?!?

Jed blasting all cash in based on what is allowed to take in! It is not patience!

What is the difference for him if he has 3 or 4 billion in the bank?! is there a difference?! I dont think!

So, I would call this guy super impatient! Xrp community plays him! he will blast all his zerps early, and then be blinking his eyes like a kid in front of a Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree!

If the dude is patient, he save the zerps! of course he still may! He may abruptly stop selling at 1 billion and still be the boss! but for now, he aint no patient maestro, he is a greedy dude with no money to spend! 

So, either he comes to his senses, or the senses cum to  him!

Easy Choices!

:bomb:

Am I wrong or he owned 5bln? So 5 bln sold at 0,25$ means 1,25bln $.

I would do the same:  better 1,25bln in 4 years than maybe 10 bln in 15 years (because I do not know how the project evolves).

I would keep 1bln xrp and wait to see if price go up. So, if I am lucky, I will earn 5-10 bln, but if not, I'll still have a good bln in the pocket.

I mean: it's not money one can find in a lost pocket on a bench in the park :D

The so called win-win situation.

Edited by JJJ2

I think jed should put all his xrp on the market right now, and sell it all as fast as people can buy it. For two reasons. First, lets get it over with, even if markets temporarily tank. He's done. Good riddance. and 2. Being able to sell slowly over time, means that he benefits from any increase in price. So he's going to be selling huge amounts at 1.00 or 4.00 ... this long game is only benefitting him.

2 minutes ago, thetamind said:

I think jed should put all his xrp on the market right now, and sell it all as fast as people can buy it. For two reasons. First, lets get it over with, even if markets temporarily tank. He's done. Good riddance. and 2. Being able to sell slowly over time, means that he benefits from any increase in price. So he's going to be selling huge amounts at 1.00 or 4.00 ... this long game is only benefitting him.

1) Jed and Ripple already agreed upon the amounts he's allowed to sell years ago. Ripple executes the contract. None of us are involved.

2) Not wanting to revive the reasons that led to the conflict, and I'm defending nor blaming anybody, still I think it's weird that everybody keeps jumping on Jed, while the contract is clear for about five years or something ... and people don't even know about the selling by the other founders ...

At the time of the issue of Jed wanting to dump his entire stash of Zerps back in 2014, there also was a lot of concern about the initial allocation and the size of the stashes of the founders. So much so, that Arthur Britto posted about it on social media. He mentioned that even the founders themselves acknowledged the issue and they were working/planning to create a founders XRP lockup plan. I wonder what has become of that ...

ArthurBrittoPost2014.jpg

11 hours ago, Dxeed said:

People seem to forget that ETH & BTC miners generate more sell pressure in their markets than Jed does for XRP.

Add Ripplelabs, xpring.. on top of that we have no idea what arthur britto and larsen are doing... there is 0% chance they havent sold anything.. now you will get completly different story.. they have enormous impact on the price.. last year I calculated they are doing almost 5% of total sell pressure.. this is significant!

Btc inflated for 11% in 3 years,

Xrp inflated 17% in 3 years.