Setting up Flare/Spark token to drop onto Ledger Nano s

RadiateXRP

I inadvertently forgot to  update my Ledger Nano's firmware when going through the process (via to Flare.Wietse.com) have my Nano set up to receive Flare/Spark token through my ETH account. When I did update it I and went to paste the ' Message Key ' in, it was already there , but the 'update' button was greyed out so could not update it.

Is there a way of going into the Nano account to recheck that I am set up to receive Spark Tokens?

50 minutes ago, RadiateXRP said:

Thanks Flinstone. I am unfamiliar with Bithomp Explorer. Also isn't it dangerous to add your XRP address into any field? Can you expand on what this is and what this will allow me to do.

It’s absolutely fine to use your public key publicly. Bithomp is just an XRP Ledger Explorer and can be used to submit and view transactions.

When you enter in your public address, you’ll be able to see your transaction history and if your address is Flare enabled.

You can also use xrpscan.

https://bithomp.com/explorer/

https://xrpscan.com/

Thanks Flinstone.  Thanks for your explanation, it was very helpful.

I have done as you suggested and checked the transaction history. It looks as though Flare Address added.

I was considered as at the time I had not updated my firmware when I did this. Obviously I have updated it now to the latest version. Do I need to do anything else or can I be reassured that I have now done everything right to receive the Spark tokens to my ledger Nano S

Flare address added.png

Yes, you are now set.

https://docs.xrptoolkit.com/claim-spark-tokens

Ethereum wallets that will support the Flare Network includes MetaMask and Ledger devices. This means that you'll be able to use those wallets with coming Flare Network interfaces, similar to Uniswap and Ledger Live to view, send and receive Spark tokens. If you don't have MetaMask installed or own any Ledger device, either download MetaMask, get a Ledger Nano X or a Ledger Nano S. 

You can use other Ethereum wallets than MetaMask or a Ledger device, just make sure that you have a backup of the secret key or recovery words. If your chosen wallet turns out to be incompatible with the Flare Network, you'll be able to use your secret key or recovery words to migrate your claimed Spark tokens to a new wallet.

• 2 months later...

A question, My xrp was on binance.us at time of snapshot.  Binance.us is asking me for my spark wallet address. Do I just give them my ethereum address from my nano s? It doesnt seem like doing the entire message key process is for me and those who are getting spark through the exchange.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Olobrown said:

Hi There, I have XRP on coinmate for years and since they are not doing the spark tokens, do I transfer to my nano x now? Or is it too late as we have gone past Dec 12th? Any advice much appreciated 

It’s based on where your XRP were on Dec 12.   So if yours were on a nonparticipating exchange then you won’t get the airdrop.  Maybe they will participate but haven’t announced it yet.

If they do not participate then I hope that Flare blacklist them for the airdrop otherwise they will be able to get ‘your’ Flare for themselves not passing them on to you.  I know that Flare identified some non-participating exchanges’ wallets and won’t distribute to them.

• 6 months later...

Hello

I claimed the flare token but forget to do the "update" on xrptoolkit.com.

Now that I am on xrptoolkit.com I see that the key message is already on it but can't press update because it's greyed

I claimed the token on end of mai and paid the fee but can't get further.

Does this mean I can't get flare tokens ?

49 minutes ago, MkAXrp said:

Hello

I claimed the flare token but forget to do the "update" on xrptoolkit.com.

Now that I am on xrptoolkit.com I see that the key message is already on it but can't press update because it's greyed

I claimed the token on end of mai and paid the fee but can't get further.

Does this mean I can't get flare tokens ?

Is there an address in the message key? If so, your SGB should be there.