Ripple Not Happy With Regulatory Fog In US As Customers Worried About XRP

Dario_o

https://cryptonews.com/news/new-us-regulations-key-to-ripple-s-relocation-decision-addin-8506.htm

“We have been big advocates of a bill that was introduced in the Congress called the DCEA, or the Digital Commodity Exchange Act … [which could be] a very important step in providing that clarity and certainty here in the US,” Garlinghouse said.

Not trying to be political:

The U.S. is in a pandemic. It is considered the richest country in the world. People are lined up for miles for food due to **** poor planning and execution. We are going into the winter there is still not a good plan. People are homeless as a result. A lot of people have died as a result. When a country is faced with an obvious problem that is severe and it can not muster the will to deal with it honestly, put differences aside, and make intelligent decisions from known facts then I don't see how we should expect any other attitude applied to a situation in which they are in charge of dealing with. If I choose to hold my breath until they were done I would be dead.

Personally, I find the USA the largest third world country in the world. I wouldn't expect much momentum from them as they can barely run a federal election properly let alone handle a pandemic, which by the way the entire world is having to face. It just hits the US harder because the majority of people down there are uneducated partly due to the corrupt democratic media.

Edited by Scout

59 minutes ago, Scout said:

Personally, I find the USA the largest third world country in the world. I wouldn't expect much momentum from them as they can barely run a federal election properly let alone handle a pandemic which by the way the entire world is having to face. It just hits the US harder because the majority of people down there are uneducated mostly due to the corrupt democratic media.

Getting a bit off topic of the OP, but I would say that the election was run properly. In fact, the system worked quite well. The problem here in the US is your second point. We can't agree who won the election because of the tribalistic nature that is reinforced by the media. It carries over to congress (now back on topic) and not much gets done. I don't see it changing anytime soon. There is money to be made by telling people what they want to hear.

Maybe we should all pitch in, if your from the U.S. and send each U.S. senator 100xrp. (meant to be a joke with a side of depression).

Crypto clarity will come, but only when legislators feel they have something to gain from it. It will be a all crypto is bad, money laundering, terrorist, drugs, and so on vs. crypto is good because it will help boost the economy and so forth. Then some plan, that will probably show how little thought went into the laws will be pushed through, and the only thing that will make any sense and give a sign of relief will be clarification on how much of it will be taxed. 

Edited by peanut56
Edit for clarity.

54 minutes ago, bx549 said:

Getting a bit off topic of the OP, but I would say that the election was run properly. In fact, the system worked quite well. The problem here in the US is your second point. We can't agree who won the election because of the tribalistic nature that is reinforced by the media. It carries over to congress (now back on topic) and not much gets done. I don't see it changing anytime soon. There is money to be made by telling people what they want to hear.

Its because we have freedom of speech(which has to be kept at all costs) so people like Trump are free to spread misinformation as they please. Just look at his record in court for all his claims.

Edited by Archbob

1 hour ago, Archbob said:

Its because we have freedom of speech(which has to be kept at all costs) so people like Trump are free to spread misinformation as they please. Just look at his record in court for all his claims.

There may be consequences for the current President. Free speech doesn't extend to yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre (as they say). Suppose someone commits violence against a Secretary of State ...

28 minutes ago, exarepee2020 said:

Sorry haha I backtracked a tad - the general issue of US regulatory fog and any potential clarity that may come from the new administration

Politics aside, I do think that democrats are more open minded to innovation and level play field regulations (startups versus incumbents, large institutions and banks). Remember what the Clinton administration did for the free and independent web as we know it today and compare it to Trumps fake news wheenings. Trump does have an incentive to protect old school banking. Dems do not have this connection as much as he and are way more open to innovation that serves the broader public.... I believe.
Also remember Clinton has been speaking on Swell a few years ago.
And CNN (more aligned with the dems) seems to have good relations with Ripple and Brad as well.
If you want to see some signs, I guess that there might be a few... Will it be enough to balance an asset like XRP away from being seen as a security? Only time will tell....

Just my 2 cents...

Edited by kanaas

I believe the biggest threat from the U.S. towards cryptocurrency stems from the current U.S. dominance for international liquidity. If the U.S. is able to abruptly withdraw or slowly withdraw without shocking the U.S. economy while maintaining stability then it would go much further much faster.

32 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Politics aside, I do think that democrats are more open minded to innovation and level play field regulations (startups versus incumbents, large institutions and banks). Remember what the Clinton administration, did for the a free and independent web as we know it today ...

Thanks for sharing your observations and comments, I too feel more optimistic. It will be nice to not have all decisions be based on "what's in it for me?" Having a transactional-only leader (ie. "bidnessman") is not healthy for running a country. IMHO

Back in the Clinton days, I was working a contract with NASA's Manned Spaceflight Program back in the 90's, and it was they who pushed me to using the very nascent Internet, as the FedEx shipped data tapes for my software updates were hindering our project's speedy progress.

I remember clearly the Admin's efforts in this area, and became quite the Internet Advocate as well - like I am with XRP today lol :)

JUST FOR THE GD RECORD - here is two of the Internet's inventors on Al Gore's contributions to helping us get it open to commercial usage - which we so take for granted today !

https://web.eecs.umich.edu/~fessler/misc/funny/gore,net.txt 

Edited by JASCoder
sp

10 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

Thanks for sharing your observations and comments, I too feel more optimistic. It will be nice to not have all decisions be based on "what's in it for me?" Having a transactional-only leader (ie. "bidnessman") is not healthy for running a country. IMHO

Back in the Clinton days, I was working a contract with NASA's Manned Flight Program back in the 90's, and it was they who pushed me to using the very nascent Internet, as the FedEx shipped data tapes for my software updates were hindering our project's speedy progress.

I remember clearly the Admin's efforts in this area, and became quite the Internet Advocate as well - like I am with XRP today lol :)

JUST FOR THE GD RECORD - here is two of the Internet's inventors on Al Gore's contributions to helping us get it open to commercial usage - which we so take for granted today !

https://web.eecs.umich.edu/~fessler/misc/funny/gore,net.txt 

Speaking about Al Gore.... Ripple being climate friendly (compared to others) will not hurt as well ;-)

15 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

I believe the biggest threat from the U.S. towards cryptocurrency stems from the current U.S. dominance for international liquidity. If the U.S. is able to abruptly withdraw or slowly withdraw without shocking the U.S. economy while maintaining stability then it would go much further much faster.

Indeed... US still has a global leadership in providing liquidity. But isn't "still having the lead and therefor no need to catch up with innovation" not the biggest mistake many of the past leaders in tech have been making as well? Palm, Blackberry, IBM... just to name a few.... Or how the good old bell companies once laughed away the web as a platform for ..... communications (THEIR core business)

Finance IS changing, even the blind can see that!