What is your exit strategy if there is a XRP bullrun?

What is your exit strategy?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. At what USD price are you willing to sell most of your XRP or start selling off?

• >10,0
    • Never...XRP is going to be 3 digits
    • I'm selling batches atm. It won't reach ATH

4 hours ago, madToo said:

From my experience more vocal / passionate members may appear hard-core. But a lot are too emotionally invested to maintain that.

The real hard core are the quieter voices who patiently watch and evaluate without getting emotional.

Although the real test is not the bear market. It will be not selling emotionally in a bull market.

Sell small amounts on the way up is the plan...who knows how far and long "up" is, but sell fixed amounts at fixed prices.  If it hurts to sell, you're probably selling at the right time. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i'll give you exact price and timeline. $3.49 by 21 Dec 2020 $12.41 by 4 Mar 2021 $49.29 by 18 June 2021 $118.19 by 12 Dec 2021

From my experience more vocal / passionate members may appear hard-core. But a lot are too emotionally invested to maintain that. The real hard core are the quieter voices who patiently watch and

I didn't hold all the way up and all the way down for anything less than yacht money.

Posted Images

I pretty much have monthly charts as default across the board. Unless I see one of these 700% candles on the monthly, I'm content to let my stash sit.

I'd think that a 'utility driven' run-up would mean many businesses have made a calculated decision to use XRP, at least middle to long term, OTC or what have you. That's probably not till mid-2021 into 2022 at the earliest.

If this seems like a speculative pump-and-dump kinda bullrun, then idk, maybe skim some off the top wherever just to take a little profit for fun and your time.

Really I'm waiting for the utility run-ups from major business adoption, which would probably mean somewhere around $10-25/XRP if businesses are doing the size of transactions XRP is meant for; ~$1 trillion market cap whatever. Even then I'd only sell off portions, saving at least 1/4 for the long-game/SHTF-ish insurance.

So it'll be awhile for me...

16 hours ago, XRPchef said:

I’ve been sitting on a substantial loss for almost three years and im happy to keep riding it out, truth is I don’t know how I will react to future price rises. $1.50us sees me break even. FOMO is an incredibly strong emotion. 

It helps me to think of it similar to stacking gold and silver, like gold bugs. They generally don't care what the $ value of it is on the open market, only how much of it they have in the vault.

When it's cheap I want more, if the price goes up, fine whatever. If I have 13 $500 tubes of silver coins in the vault, all I care about is, "How do I get 12 more tubes to complete a monster box set of 25?" A tube here, a tube there, hit the local dealer for a few more coins next weekend if I can get a good deal.

That's the stacker mentality, the long-grind, hoarding game.

It separates you from the frame of positive and negative value, gain or loss, which is actually what triggers FOMO buying or panic selling.

Edited by jetbrzzz

This is an oddly good thread, the info it gives me is basically if we do go apeshit parabolic we're gonna hit a wall at 5, and if that breaks through its chill till 10. After that shit can go berserk. Of course thats a huge if, and a smart play would be to liquidate a big chunk before those points are hit. Also I'm not sober, so ignore my ramblings and do your thing, this rally will probably fail like all the others. Cheers!

7 hours ago, manateehunter said:

This is an oddly good thread, the info it gives me is basically if we do go apeshit parabolic we're gonna hit a wall at 5, and if that breaks through its chill till 10. After that shit can go berserk. Of course thats a huge if, and a smart play would be to liquidate a big chunk before those points are hit. Also I'm not sober, so ignore my ramblings and do your thing, this rally will probably fail like all the others. Cheers!

Jotted down Quote of the day "Shit can go berserk".

@Neurotoxin bet there's some toxin circulating in this guy's nervous system to the point he can see the things we cant see, perhaps triple dosed at once? Shouldnt have sell my hopium to underage people

I think XRP will hit its last ATH sometime during this bull run, maybe a year from now.  I will hold out for that moment and then sell 15%.  This will gain me back my original investment and I will have plenty of money for some holidays and other  projects.  The rest will remain and be taken out at very small increments - maybe another 10% at $10 etc when/if it reaches that stage. 

Another option is to convert a portion to GSX coin which is tokenised on a basket of commodities like gold + bonuses.  (A much more sensible store of value than BTC) 

I have a large 20 year mortgage (I could sell off some property and forgo rental income and keep the XRP).  I could pay it off when XRP hits $4, but the rate is only 2% percentage whilst I believe XRP will accrue money faster than my mortgage payments, so it makes no sense to sell the XRP in two years time.  For instance if XRP were to be $20 in 5 years time I would pay off my mortgage and have 4 times the value of my mortgage as extra retirement money.

Growth of 1$ in the value growth of my XRP is enough for me to live a very high standard of living.  If XRP is valued at $10 I only need growth of $1 a year to be very well off.

A few weeks ago an XRPchat member made a very good XRP profit calculator where you can enter exit points and make an exit plan 

Edited by Julian_Williams
13 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I think XRP will hit its last ATH sometime during this bull run, maybe a year from now.  I will hold out for that moment and then sell 15%.  This will gain me back my original investment and I will have plenty of money for some holidays and other  projects.  The rest will remain and be taken out at very small increments - maybe another 10% at $10 etc when/if it reaches that stage. 

Another option is to convert a portion to GSX coin which is tokenised on a basket of commodities like gold + bonuses.  (A much more sensible store of value than BTC) 

I have a large 20 year mortgage.  I could pay it off when XRP hits $4, but the rate is only 2% percentage whilst I believe XRP will accrue money faster than my mortgage payments, so it makes no sense to sell the XRP in two years time.  For instance if XRP were to be $20 in 5 years time I would pay off my mortgage and have 4 times the value of my mortgage as extra retirement money.

Growth of 1$ in the value growth of my XRP is enough for me to live a very high standard of living.  If XRP is valued at $10 I only need growth of $1 a year to be very well off.

A few weeks ago an XRPchat member made a very good XRP profit calculator where you can enter exit points and make an exit plan 

High Julian,

I am very very happy that by now xrp is demonstrating I was wrong :-)

the question to me is: what happens after xrp reaches ATH (and if it will reach it during this run.

I have no intention to sell now, nor in 1 year. 

5 minutes ago, JJJ2 said:

High Julian,

I am very very happy that by now xrp is demonstrating I was wrong :-)

the question to me is: what happens after xrp reaches ATH (and if it will reach it during this run.

I have no intention to sell now, nor in 1 year. 

I think that is the multi million dollar question for many of us.  Obviously there will be a severe retracement, but will it be 98% like we have been through?  I think the GSX solution is an interesting one to mull over whilst it goes on growing to new ATH.  For instance you could take out proportions and put them into GSX, which would be a good place for the money to grow, wait for the crash and rebuy. 

I think it will be very interesting to see how much progress ODL and other XRP use cases make.  This will make a big difference to how hard we fall after the price overshoots upwards. 

10 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I think that is the multi million dollar question for many of us.  Obviously there will be a severe retracement, but will it be 98% like we have been through?  I think the GSX solution is an interesting one to mull over whilst it goes on growing to new ATH.  For instance you could take out proportions and put them into GSX, which would be a good place for the money to grow, wait for the crash and rebuy. 

I think it will be very interesting to see how much progress ODL and other XRP use cases make.  This will make a big difference to how hard we fall after the price overshoots upwards. 

I do not even know what GSX is. I am not reading this forum so often.

ok, I've found it. Thanks!

Edited by JJJ2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.