Ripple: New bull cycle may push XRP price to $0.92 – Analyst

2 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

This also proves something else: 50x the volume apparently doesn't move the price to 22.5. So volume is clearly not a factor or still way to low to make a dent in XRP. Yes the price got higher the last few days but there's nothing to back it apart from speculation. The price after last rally was the same as before the previous one: approx. 20 or 30 cents. So it seems more logical to expect that it can reach the previous ATH. Perhaps higher since crypto is more accessible and accepted but still nothing to back the price :( 

Although I would be happy if it went to 22$ :p

Chainlinks volume was the same as XRP's but 1/10th the price. It took months but chainlink did a 10x. Now XRP's volume is higher than ETH's so a flippening is possible. 

$1.20+ XRP. It's coming. Maybe by the time of the airdrop or within a few months. If Jed's sales prevent that from happening then when the rise comes it'll be that much more epic. 

2 hours ago, jargoman said:

Chainlinks volume was the same as XRP's but 1/10th the price. It took months but chainlink did a 10x. Now XRP's volume is higher than ETH's so a flippening is possible. 

$1.20+ XRP. It's coming. Maybe by the time of the airdrop or within a few months. If Jed's sales prevent that from happening then when the rise comes it'll be that much more epic. 

So what you're saying is that the volume does not correlate with the price right? You can think there's a delayed reaction of months or that there's just no correlation.

For XRP we always have a counterweight for price being Jed's sales. The higher volume we do, the more he can sell and push down the price. Anyway he'll get rich.

2 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

I think it’s around 4 billion and average daily sales of 2 million XRP for 2020

He can sell 1.5% of daily volume.

If he has today 4 billion XRP and let's day he keeps selling 2 million XRP per day until he reaches 0. He could sell 2million each day for 2000 days! 5.5 years left..

30 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

Considering it’s a percentage of daily volume, shouldn’t the downward pressure remain the same, whatever the price?

True. But IIRC it's based on the volume from last week or something like that. So the moment the momentum goes away he still gets that amount of XRP to sell. It might indeed net out in the end.

25 minutes ago, Moriarty said:

Seriously how much XRP is Jed still owning today? And how much is he selling per month on average?

3,857,605,000 XRP remaining

33 and a half months at this rate. 

My questing is why isn't isn't he selling 10's or 100's of million a day if the volume is in the billions and XRP is somewhat near $1

If the volume is 33 billion per day on coinmarketcap, wouldn't he be selling 490 million worth a day?

1 minute ago, jargoman said:

3,857,605,000 XRP remaining

33 and a half months at this rate. 

My questing is why isn't isn't he selling 10's or 100's of million a day if the volume is in the billions and XRP is somewhat near $1

If the volume is 33 billion per day on coinmarketcap, wouldn't he be selling 490 million worth a day?

I think Ripple base the volume from XRPCharts and not the likes of CMC, due to the amount of wash trading etc.

7 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

True. But IIRC it's based on the volume from last week or something like that. So the moment the momentum goes away he still gets that amount of XRP to sell. It might indeed net out in the end.

If it's delayed by a week then some serious sells are coming and he'll run out in a year. 

I wonder if the volume is based on XRP or USD.