I don’t understand the Spark Token Airdrop

6 hours ago, nikb said:

I can tell you that setting the MessageKey on your account should not impact your account's security: the current rippled code doesn't use it for anything; it just stores it. I can even tell you that unintentionally compromising your account your account by setting the MessageKey field is so unlikely that it is, effectively, impossible.

But I can't guarantee you that it's actually impossible for you to mess it up. Nothing and nobody can prevent you from shooting yourself in the foot and since I don't know your intentions and can't control your actions I cannot and will not guarantee that you won't, as a matter of fact, shoot yourself in the foot.

Please understand that I'm not trying to discourage you from setting the field. As I said, it should not affect the security of your account and unless you actively and very deliberately try to mess it up, you won't.

If you follow the instructions provided by Wietse Wind in his post, you should be fine.

Thanks Nik for your answer :)

...and I will try very hard not to "shoot my self in the foot"..... as I do every day... :wacko3:

Cheers! :drinks:

On 11/16/2020 at 7:33 PM, ringer2 said:

So if I have my xrp on my ledger nano, am I good to go or is there something else I need to do?

There is more you need to create the ether adress and that is where flare will drop the xrp,I goodled it and it shows several people showing how it’s done.

20 minutes ago, princesultan said:

Doesn’t connecting your ledger nano to that toolkit expose your Xrp?

I’m not quite sure as I’ve never used it, but I think you create the transaction on xrptoolkit and sign it on your Ledger or XUMM. Therefore xrptoolkit doesn’t require your secret key. But XUMM does.

https://www.xrptoolkit.com/legal/privacy

Transaction Signing

When you send transactions with XRP Toolkit, you sign them with your hardware wallet or mobile wallet. We do not receive or store any passwords, PIN codes, secret keys or recovery words. We have no access to your wallets, accounts or assets. All transaction signing takes place client-side on your own device. You are responsible for backing up your wallets and there is nothing we can do if you lose access to them.

1. If they rely their Spark distribution on a snapshot from December 12th, wouldn't it be reasonable to just buy a huge amount of XRP and transfer it to the prepared account between the 11th and 13th of December and then sell these XRP again?

2. If they use their own ETH clone network: a) how is the connected ETH adress able to receive the Spark tokens and b) how am I able to access the cloned ETH adress to actually get access to the Spark tokens?

@Flintstone@BillyOckham@kenrino

Edited by tar
59 minutes ago, tar said:

If they use their own ETH clone network: a) how is the connected ETH adress able to receive the Spark tokens and b) how am I able to access the cloned ETH adress to actually get access to the Spark tokens?

It’s not a ‘connected ether address’.  It’s an address that conforms to the Ether standard which is ALSO the Flare standard.  It is an address on the future Flare blockchain.   Completely seperate from both the Etherium network and the XRP Ledger.

I am unaware at this stage if any Flare wallets exist,  but I imagine they will exist by the time the new network goes live.  

So when that happens you will get yourself a flare wallet and enter in the keys that match the Ether-compatible address that you told them (by putting it into your XRPL account messageKey field) at which point you have control of the Spark that are there waiting for you.