What kinda lambo can you afford?

If that is truly your home. Congratulations on your success over the years. It is a lovely building. I'll be starting my first home construction in around six months. It will be an insulated split face block on the outside (I like the look of the mixture of industry and stone). The design is Georgian. The interior walls will be a hempcrete for both sound insulation and an addition of thermal mass. This will have a back porch overlooking a 32 acre farm which will have sheep on one and half and if I'm lucky the acre of perigord truffles will begin to produce in the next few years and I will expand that into the entire farm.

Edited by peanut56
grammer
1 hour ago, peanut56 said:

If that is truly your home. Congratulations on your success over the years. It is a lovely building. I'll be starting my first home construction in around six months. It will be an insulated split face block on the outside (I like the look of the mixture of industry and stone). The design is Georgian. The interior walls will be a hempcrete for both sound insulation and an addition of thermal mass. This will have a back porch overlooking a 32 acre farm which will have sheep on one and half and if I'm lucky the acre of perigord truffles will begin to produce in the next few years and I will expand that into the entire farm.

Yes its my home, but I never intended to have a big place, it just sort of happened.  Life is like that, never know where it will take you.  I bought this house in a backwater for 230k in 1999 and sold some properties in London to renovate it.  But honestly anyone investing sensibly now in things like XRP (ie up coming crypto assets that have a place at the centre of the action) and staying calm will be much richer than I am.  I am not saying XRP is a certainty, but it is a certainty that assets like XRP will be the centre of huge business empires.  

Edited by Julian_Williams
3 hours ago, LetHerRip said:

Nice rust bucket their Grandpa, just as I imaged. Broke ass, old, falling apart, filthy piece of shit of a car.

But its no surprise you cant afford anything better taking into account how much money you've lost on your XRP "investment". :spinlol:

Just quoting it so you can’t edit it away and make yourself look less of a...

10 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I see so much talk about buying lambos, and guess many of you who took Let Her Rip's advice to capitulate and sell at a loss are disappointed you will never to be able to afford one even after XRP blossoms.  Can I suggest a solution?  A pot of yogurt and a second hand car will turn more heads and gain you more respect than any fancy Ferrari or Aston Martin.  Take my car for instance; 200k miles plus, never broken down and not been washed for about ten years (if you are patient you do not even have to buy the yogurt).

It is also a green solution:  My car is a moving garden, it has a variety of lichen and mosses and a general slime that changes colour with the seasons.  In summer it is warm brown, in winter it is vibrant green.  The colours and textures are far harder and rarer to achieve than the boring seen it all before standard red or yellow choices Ferrari offer.

Carbon Credits?:  I am taking this up with my MP.  Surely my car is green and deserving of special tax discounts?

Respect: It is amazing what respect I get from the posh Ferraris and BMWs.  The get out of the way without fuss however rude I am in my driving, in fact the ruder I am the more they seem to respect me. 

Head Turning:  Definitely a head turner.  When returning with my trolley at Tescos I find crowds around it, and even children stare from the back windows of cars when I am using the hard shoulder to overtake a traffic jam on motorways.

Inexpensive:  No more repairing dents, no more fixing fixtures that fall off when you go too close to the walls and hedges, no more wasting money and time at the car wash.  More money to invest and lose on XRP.  What's not to like?

IMG_6372.jpg

details.jpg

Bro, if this story is true, you are a legend. 

On 11/16/2020 at 12:47 PM, Julian_Williams said:

It is also a green solution:  My car is a moving garden, it has a variety of lichen and mosses and a general slime that changes colour with the seasons.  In summer it is warm brown, in winter it is vibrant green.  The colours and textures are far harder and rarer to achieve than the boring seen it all before standard red or yellow choices Ferrari offer.

I can't tell if you're trolling or not...well played. Reminds me of the millionaire Toyota exec when asked why he still drives around a 1980's Toyota pickup truck.

Toyota Exec: "Cause it still runs."

Personally, with some of my XRP stash I'm building out an off-road land tank, a Defender, maybe a Rubicon Wrangler. 

The 'Rona and the commies can't catch me if I go off-road, off-grid. Freeeedom!