Ripple files new trademark application for “PayString”

Dario_o

6 hours ago, ZeeperCreeper said:

I still can't believe that they didn't make sure that the name PayID was available when they unveiled this initiative.

Was a damn good name, but paystring brings whole another picture to my head. :D 

They could have opt 4 MyPayID .... As far as I know this is not been used....
Lots of possibilities... could even still opt for site naming like "my.payid" as domain name extensions are not seen as trademarks I guess, while the official name MyPayID differs enough from the Aussi PayID and the domain name extension ".payid"  can serve for other services to build on the protocol...

Edited by kanaas

6 hours ago, kanaas said:

They could have opt 4 MyPayID .... As far as I know this is not been used....
Lots of possibilities... could even still opt for site naming like "my.payid" as domain name extensions are not seen as trademarks I guess, while the official name MyPayID differs enough from the Aussi PayID and the domain name extension ".payid"  can serve for other services to build on the protocol...

I'm not sure about this. ".payid" would be a top level domain. Domains work backwards. Example "news.xrpchat.com" is owned by "xrpchat.com", they would have to register "news" as a subdomain with their domain provider. 

• 1 year later...