FXCoin partners SBI to launch a volatility-resistant XRP remittance solution

It seems like another breakthough that positions XRP, XRP utility in the belly of the finanial markets of the future.  This is why buying XRP and sitting still whilst the world catches up, is a sensible investment (in my opinion).  The whole SBI - Ripple - R3 thing in SE asia is building from the inside out

==================================

From the the above whilst speaking about the FX Market Crypt Eri said

" I would just want to remind you that SBI is really putting some serious pieces of the puzzle in place remember it was revealed on October 28th that SBI received the approval from the UK authority to acquire 90% of B2C2 they are the largest OTC liquidity provider of XRP they have electronic trading capabilities that are relied on by institutional market participants globally." 

==================================

About B2C2 :-

• We provide 24/7 electronic execution in the major cryptocurrencies and fiat currency pairs, and have traded hundreds of billions in notional to-date.
  • We offer continuous pricing and execution, no matter the time of day or the volatility in the markets, as well as seamless post-trade settlement.
  • Eligible counterparties and professional clients, as defined by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority, can enter into contracts for difference (CFDs) with us via our regulated platform B2C2 OTC Ltd.

B2C2 News 2020

• Financial Conglomerate SBI to Acquire $30MM Stake in Digital Asset Firm B2C2

=================================

There is so much going on in the background, that the average Joe investor (like me) doesn't really research deeply, or take an interest in, or watches the odd moon boy video and only half register what is being said.

But when companies of the size of SBI start taking a 90% stake worth  £30Milion that's about $40Million,  in a UK crypto/fiat trading company, which was endorsed by the FSA then the world will start to wake up and take notice, not just those that have been following the space but the sceptics too.

Searching for a news link to the Above I found this  https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/sbi-buys-japanese-crypto-exchange-taotao/ 

which actually reveals further SBI deal plus a link at the bottom of that page to the C2B2 news item.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ripple themselves will become a hell of a rich company (beyond current ) in the coming years. Whether XRP will necessarily rise in multiples, is still something that I am not certain of as I am not completely confident that being used in huge volume will effect the price to any great extent. 

I live in hope that someone from Ripple will just come out and say why XRP is going to be worth multiples of it's current 4-to-the-dollar-price. (I know they can't) and I hope if it's gonna rise in price, it does it soon so I can enjoy it while I can still use a toilet, trust a fart, count up to a hundred and walk up a hill to the pub.

Edited by WarChest
to waffle on a bit
4 hours ago, WarChest said:

Whether XRP will necessarily rise in multiples, is still something that I am not certain of as I am not completely confident that being used in huge volume will effect the price to any great extent.

There is a point where trade volume outweighs supply. To facilitate transfers, market makers need an inventory of XRP. The more volume, the more inventory is required. Not a clue how much volume tips the scale, but a lot more than is currently present.

1 minute ago, Flintstone said:

There is a point where trade volume outweighs supply. To facilitate transfers, market makers need an inventory of XRP. The more volume, the more inventory is required. Not a clue how much volume tips the scale, but a lot more than is currently present.

I agree that that is the proposal for price growth, but if the remittance process is so quick, then XRP can be bought-used-sold without it changing the market value because the XRP is out of the pool for such a short time?

13 minutes ago, WarChest said:

I agree that that is the proposal for price growth, but if the remittance process is so quick, then XRP can be bought-used-sold without it changing the market value because the XRP is out of the pool for such a short time?

You also have to factor in each/multiple market maker in each corridor that will need inventory, imbalanced directional flow of XRP and repatriation. Also, Fi’s that are willing to hold XRP and only pay fees only on one leg of the transaction. Any other use cases in the pipeline need to eventually be factored in.

Napkin math soon starts to transform into a a Good Will Hunting chalkboard.

I prefer to just say lots and pray for another speculative bull run :) 

@CryptoEri and why exactly is a "volatility-resistant XRP remittance solution" required?

We have been told over and over again by Ripple and fans that volatility is not an issue because the transactions only take seconds. Listen to Brad's own words.

https://twitter.com/stedas/status/1233106789819994112?lang=en

but we have also been told and over and over again by critics that it does matter and that there is nothing you can do about it but move the volatility costs around. Hence the huge subsidies Ripple has to pay everyone involved in ODL.

Edited by xerxesramesepolybius
2 hours ago, Flintstone said:

You also have to factor in each/multiple market maker in each corridor that will need inventory, imbalanced directional flow of XRP and repatriation. Also, Fi’s that are willing to hold XRP and only pay fees only on one leg of the transaction. Any other use cases in the pipeline need to eventually be factored in.

Napkin math soon starts to transform into a a Good Will Hunting chalkboard.

I prefer to just say lots and pray for another speculative bull run :) 

I am still in, plenty, on XRP. But only as a calculated gamble. There is plenty of stuff wrt Finance Tech that I don’t know or understand, so frankly it can only be a gamble from someone with my experience of this industry.

2 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

I’m confused, do you have a lot or a little fintech experience?

Fair point, having re-read that sentence, it should read,

There is plenty of stuff wrt Finance Tech that I don’t know or understand, so frankly it can only be a gamble from someone with my limited experience of this industry.