Where is the Q3 2020 Market Report?

1 hour ago, LetHerRip said:

Wow! interesting developments. The overall level of dumping (sorry guys I meants sales) is up to a net $35.84m

but the interesting thing is the $45.55m of purchases.

It should be obvious what this is to all but Hopium addicts.

The so-called "liquidity providers" in place like Mexico, end up long XRP. So Ripple has to buy it up bring it back to US and sell for dollars.

The whole of ODL is a joke.

1 hour ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

Wow! interesting developments. The overall level of dumping (sorry guys I meants sales) is up to a net $35.84m

It should be obvious what this is to all but Hopium addicts.

The so-called "liquidity providers" in place like Mexico, end up long XRP. So Ripple has to buy it up bring it back to US and sell for dollars.

The whole of ODL is a joke.

You are hopelessly confused man.

:nea:

How do you get paid?

..."With Line of Credit, customers can purchase XRP from Ripple on credit which provides capital upfront to help accelerate their business performance and scale. Line of Credit has been piloted by ODL customers and the initial feedback is overwhelmingly positive. Companies can use the capital to further invest in their business to enter new markets and reach new customers. 

In some instances, XRP originates through Ripple, instead of an exchange, to initiate cross-border payments at scale. ODL will evolve as Ripple continues to provide innovative, financial solutions that leverage XRP to solve pain points for its customers."

Edited by KarmaCoverage
1 hour ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

I made a comment last month on the forums for Ripple needing to provide Sales (net of purchases), in order for retail investors to have a true understanding of the impacts with Total ODL-related sales* vs. Total purchases.  Not sure if it was a coincidence because they recently increased purchasing of XRP or employees like David Schwartz are readings these posts.

For any Ripple employees- It was a critical mistake for Ripple's leadership to allow large amount of XRP to be sold on the open market this early in adoption phase.  This screwed over retail investors, Ripple employees that are invested in XRP, and medium/long term growth opportunities for Ripple to strategically sell XRP at higher prices.  I know Brad defended this decision and Ripple has Board of Directors with economic backgrounds, but unfortunately they were wrong (or didn't care about crashing XRP's value).  We can finally see evidence of XRP being decoupled from other cryptocurrencies like BTC, but unfortunately XRP is staying static in value at ~$.25. While bitcoin is moving back up to $15,000.

If Ripple and employees really care about long term future success of XRP, action needs to be taken now to turn the needle on increasing value.  It is apparent Ripple has a lack of internal resources with knowledge on macroeconomic and investment concepts.  A few areas I would recommend reading and potentially applying to XRP:

1.Dividends or some types of benefits for holding XRP (until other demand factors pick up)- Dividends don't really make sense at this time and may not be legally allowed.  There are other options like sending small amount of XRP on re-occurring basis from Ripple's holding to retail investors over next few years (to add value for people that hold XRP). Getting flare tokens is a good example, but this type of benefit needs to be re-occurring.

2.Ripple buying back XRP on re-occurring basis from open market- see https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/buyback.asp.  Many companies that do this with stocks have solid financials and are a little different than XRP, but same fundamentals and concepts apply.  A few of the companies that are making a killing on leveraging this concept (see how they are repurchasing):

These companies are drastically increasing their trading values of stocks year over year, while the PE ratio (perceived cost to own) is barely going up.  They also have internal employees owning the stock, resulting in their personal wealth dramatically increasing.

3.Key factors showing growth and utility- I am seeing some of these on the latest market report.  It is critical for key factors to be identified, implemented as internal goals at Ripple, and added to the quarterly reports to show evidence on consistent growth.  This is vital for retail investor confidence and speculative purposes when holding XRP.

4.Actual utility- Unfortunately there will most likely not be any real XRP utility for retail investors in the next few years, so above need to be taken action on at this time.

Consistent year over year growth on the above needs to occur, in order for XRP to increase in value.

Edited by wogojump
21 hours ago, panmores said:

They could report on the reuse of promotional videos, how efficient it is. What else? Maybe David's ankle.

Oh and no more RippleDrops? Maybe the name was too telling.

What do you mean no more RippleDrops? There’s been an abundance of that the past couple years. I wish they would finally stop the RippleDrops.

On 11/6/2020 at 9:35 AM, Pablo said:

As pointed out above, this idea is fraught with difficulty and legal complications. XRP cannot be treated like a security otherwise Ripple will be subject to regulatory restrictions they definitely want to avoid.

Yes, they need to make sure they stay in compliance with securities and other regulations. Companies buy and sell assets all the time, with out them being considered securities.  I would recommend to further read to better understand what is considered an asset vs. security:

Companies have always been buying and selling assets like oil, diamonds, art, land, etc.; in order to strategically and financially benefit.  Companies are already doing this with Bitcoin (which is pushing up the value of Bitcoin).  That doesn't make sense all other companies can legally buy and sell bitcoin as an investment asset, but Ripple cannot buy XRP as an investment asset.  Unless you are arguing XRP should be classified differently, like as a Ripple owned security?

On 11/6/2020 at 9:35 AM, Pablo said:

This type of strategy only makes sense if XRP was an investment vehicle. It isn't. It's a utility token and people forget that. There are plenty of purely speculative crypto projects out there (like Doge, LTC or BTC) and investors should focus on those rather than trying to force XRP to provide an ROI. That is not the purpose of XRP or the XRPL.

Moreover, "Retail investor confidence" is irrelevant. This is a tech play.

What is relevant for me is that Ripple is laser focused on business strategies that build XRP's utility, security and fungibility. The rest is noise. I actually think it's distracting and self-defeating for Ripple to develop KPIs around XRP price to keep retail investors happy. If people don't like that idea, they shouldn't invest in XRP. Remember that there are over 1000 other coins and DeFi to play roulette with (which is what this market basically is right now).

This is the most common fallacy I see with the XRP community members.  It is false to say XRP is not a form of investment.  By the definition of an investment, this is based on others intents for XRP (and not your intentions or understanding of investing XRP):

A few examples XRP currently being used by others as an investment:

1. David Schwartz's example of him buying and selling XRP: https://www.quora.com/Is-really-true-that-David-Schwartz-sold-all-his-xrp-coins-in-recent-days-If-yes-why

2. Ripple selling XRP in the last few years for US fiat, to allow them to be profitable.

3. Coil using 250,000 million XRP to fund their business.

4. Jed McCaleb- Selling his XRP on a re-occurring basis, using the US fiat to fund initiates like XLM.

5. Ripple executives being evaluated as billionaires, when their XRP holdings were valued at all time highs.

6. All the other retail investors and employees holding XRP- This can impact their wealth not only for themselves, but also their families.

All of the above are examples of XRP currently being used as an investment asset, regardless of your understanding or agreement on this concept.  You are naive and wrong to think Ripple and others are interested in XRP only for "tech play" and not an investment opportunity to increase their wealth (see example 1. above from the person who is probably the most interested and knowledgeable person on XRP technology).

I do agree and also stated almost the exact same line on the forums, that Ripple needs to stay laser focused on building XRP utility in the next few years. I also agree XRP is currently a terrible investment opportunity.  There are much better investment options available like with bitcoin and stocks.

Edited by wogojump
On 11/6/2020 at 5:35 PM, Pablo said:

This type of strategy only makes sense if XRP was an investment vehicle. It isn't. It's a utility token and people forget that.

Kava and Flare will change this at least a little bit.

1. Some people can buy their very first XRP bag and then lock-in those XRPs by using Kava/Flare platform.

2. In exchange they will receive some other coins that they can then utilize to farm/stake for some returns.

3. After they are done farming/staking, they will pull out (or in other words unlock) their original XRP stash from Kava/Flare platform.

Thus, XRP has become an investment vehicle imo.