Jump to content

Poll: Over 72% of Investors Believe XRP Price Will Reach $100


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Archbob said:

You can tell this poll is crap because a vast majority of respondents hold over 10,000 xrp. Meaning only the fanboys really responded.

That is a very unfair comment.  In fact as a serious commenter it reflects badly on you

Holding 10k XRP does not make you a "fanboy" (11% are women by the way)

10 K XRP is only an investment of 2,500 dollars and 60% are already in profit.

The more you invest the more you are a serious investor, the more valuable is your opinions are on the subject. 

The questions are comprehensive and the base (1,000 investors is huge) given the time it must have taken a single person to collect this much data.

Please be a little kinder

 

Edited by Julian_Williams
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

That is a very unfair comment.  In fact as a serious commenter it reflects badly on you

Holding 10k XRP does not make you a "fanboy" (11% are women by the way)

10 K XRP is only an investment of 2,500 dollars and 60% are already in profit.

The more you invest the more you are a serious investor, the more valuable is your opinions are on the subject. 

The questions are comprehensive and the base (1,000 investors is huge) given the time it must have taken a single person to collect this much data.

Please be a little kinder

 

Hi Julian,

honestly what is the meaning of such a poll?

Of course if only xrp investors are asked, they will express a positive opinion. Otherwise they would have not invested. 

Investors expressed nothing more than their hopes. They do not have any piece of calculation to base their believe on. Those calculation, I have seen, say about 30$ as highest value in the best case (5 trillion daily are exchanged). 

I think we have to be honest on the complete lack of meaning of such surveys 

 

PS.  and If they are right (we 'll touch 100$) I will go naked to work (and then they can fire me. I will even give some bucks to them as consolation) and post a pic here as proof :-)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JJJ2 said:

Hi Julian,

honestly what is the meaning of such a poll?

Of course if only xrp investors are asked, they will express a positive opinion. Otherwise they would have not invested. 

Investors expressed nothing more than their hopes. They do not have any piece of calculation to base their believe on. Those calculation, I have seen, say about 30$ as highest value in the best case (5 trillion daily are exchanged). 

I think we have to be honest on the complete lack of meaning of such surveys 

 

PS.  and If they are right (we 'll touch 100$) I will go naked to work (and then they can fire me. I will even give some bucks to them as consolation) and post a pic here as proof :-)

 

I have very little view on the $100 figure.  In my view such conjecture is a waste of time.  (BTW The Susan Athey studies predicted more like $300 if XRP turned over 5 trillion, and then there would be speculation on top.  But really all speculation in that detail is fiction)

The poll actually asked many more interesting questions, value expectation was the one news outlets chose to highlight.  The poll, I think set up by @Stedas, is very comprehensive and there is another thread here where Stedas gives the results in an infogram (and I make the same comment, the project price is the least interesting part 0f the findings): 

I expect I will be long gone from this forum when you come to paste those naked pictures, (I just hope i will not be underground)

 

 

Edited by Julian_Williams
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

That is a very unfair comment.  In fact as a serious commenter it reflects badly on you

Holding 10k XRP does not make you a "fanboy" (11% are women by the way)

10 K XRP is only an investment of 2,500 dollars and 60% are already in profit.

The more you invest the more you are a serious investor, the more valuable is your opinions are on the subject. 

The questions are comprehensive and the base (1,000 investors is huge) given the time it must have taken a single person to collect this much data.

Please be a little kinder

 

☝️☝️☝️This is what happens to you when you spend all day in an echo chamber.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

That is a very unfair comment.  In fact as a serious commenter it reflects badly on you

Holding 10k XRP does not make you a "fanboy" (11% are women by the way)

10 K XRP is only an investment of 2,500 dollars and 60% are already in profit.

The more you invest the more you are a serious investor, the more valuable is your opinions are on the subject. 

The questions are comprehensive and the base (1,000 investors is huge) given the time it must have taken a single person to collect this much data.

Please be a little kinder

 

It polled the "XRP community", they probably just did a survey on Twitter with a lot of questions. A real study that didn't depend on survey or people telling the truth or lying about being in profit or not  actually looked at buy prices and the average in was over $1 so 60% being in the profit is most likely not true. Either that or only people that have made money actually answered the poll.

Edited by Archbob
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Archbob said:

It polled the "XRP community", they probably just did a survey on Twitter with a lot of questions. A real study that didn't depend on survey or people telling the truth or lying about being in profit or not  actually looked at buy prices and the average in was over $1 so 60% being in the profit is most likely not true. Either that or only people that have made money actually answered the poll.

It is the efforts of a single guy and I think what he discovered is interesting and tells us things that we did not know.  If the poll had been by an organisation that had been paid to make a poll, yes I would put the bar higher. They would have the resources to be more rigorous.

I think it is unfortunate that the press then take this poll and highlight the one question that is the least important - do you expect XRP tokens to be worth 100 dollars one day? ...and then present the answer as if it were evidence that XRP will one day be worth $100

I think it is much more interesting that 89% of the investors are male, and that 60% will never sell all their XRP...and which news sources they trust most etc.  These findings are very interesting, but as you say it is a self selection poll and the answers have to be taken with a pinch of salt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 2:01 AM, Archbob said:

It polled the "XRP community", they probably just did a survey on Twitter with a lot of questions. A real study that didn't depend on survey or people telling the truth or lying about being in profit or not  actually looked at buy prices and the average in was over $1 so 60% being in the profit is most likely not true. Either that or only people that have made money actually answered the poll.

The poll is on opinions and therefore not based on facts and realistic or even possible scenarios.

It therefore reflects what an average XRP holder has in mind in general and within the prospective of his/ her portfolio. Of course, some bias is inevitable but perhaps that was exactly what the poll was all about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.