New here just started investing in xrp.

16 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

Honest opinion - Ignore all predictions!

Agreed - it's a road to ruin trying to catch a run before it happens with the amount of volatility right now.

@Ed2376 - Welcome to XRPChat! There are sub-forums here dealing with market analysis and predictions galore: https://www.xrpchat.com/forum/62-topics/

10 hours ago, Ed2376 said:

Seen a lot of crazy predictions 

that's a good start (to see the craziness)!

filter out predictions from opinions and most of all: understand that a decentralized crypto asset isn't a security.
it's a different animal that acts and reacts by other metrics.

If you're here to speculate than many will try but none can really help you.
if you're here for the long run, you have to focus on the use cases, regulation matters, maturing and evolving of all these industries and their ecosystems.

some here hope that the value will come over time, with demand driven by usage.
guess that's where your focus should be (the long run), unless you're a trader (or a gambler)

9 hours ago, Flintstone said:

If you believe Ripple/XRP will gain adoption 5, 10 or 20 years into the future, buy and hold.

For perspective: 1970's Pong, 1980's O.G. Super Mario 1990's SNES, Genesis, 2000's Xbox, PlaySation(n) 2010-2020, FarCry, Battlefield, GTA 5, Oculus VR headset

It took about 50 years to go from a line of pixels and a dot to billions of polygons and virtual immersion tech, but to be fair, the internet didn't even exist until 25, 30 years in.

If I had to guess I'd say 5-10 years to be moderately developed and maybe another 5-10 to where every single existing asset has been digitized completely, paper fiat is pretty much gone, Amazon Go stores are like Starbucks, etc etc.

Obviously my nephews won't have a problem, they're handling iPhones and tablets at 3-4 years old. The picture books? iPad.  Lullabies -> iPhone. They won't even know what Monopoly money is.

"Well, nephew, it's made of paper....like...from trees...." 

Nephew 1: *crickets*

"No, no, the plastic green house is a representation of your asset. You get paper when someone else lands on it."

Nephew 1: *crickets*

Nephew 2: "But I thought that was what XRP is for?"

5 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

Every time I go to someone's house who has those old rotary dimmer switches I get a little misty eyed about fun times with cathode ray tubes.

I once touched a screwdriver the business end of a cathode tube in an old CRT TV, and once was enough. Always discharge your caps and tubes, kiddies.

And in the now, my nephew loses his 4 year-old mind when his iPad dies or the wifi goes out, what happened to society?

13 hours ago, Flintstone said:

Hello and welcome.

Honest opinion - Ignore all predictions!

If you believe Ripple/XRP will gain adoption 5, 10 or 20 years into the future, buy and hold.

Short term, not a clue. Your guess is as good as anyone’s ;) 

Something goes off the rail.  Seems Ripple lost in direction, that worries me

18 hours ago, Flintstone said:

Explain what you mean.

Honestly, I don't see a clear direction about what Ripple want to do next ? What kind of customers they gonna serve ? Bank or SME ?  What market ? Big or small payment? 

The purpose of ODL now is for what with that low volume ? 

What kind of investment that Xpring doing (now RippleX) ? So far so good ?

Maybe that's just me. But will appreciate if someone smarter than me can explain more about what Ripple doing good in the past 2 years ?  Thanks

Edited by alexXxrp
1 hour ago, alexXxrp said:

Honestly, I don't see a clear direction about what Ripple want to do next ? What kind of customers they gonna serve ? Bank or SME ? 

Um I don’t think they are targeting SMEs themselves.  They are creating Ripplenet infrastructure so that FIs and Banks can target their own various customers, some of whom are SMEs.