Flare Finance - The first Dapp built on Flare Network

20 minutes ago, thinlyspread said:

Three more tokens though?! Really?! 

I like it. The more, the merrier. Other shitcoins/shitnetworks based their whole existence on tokens issuing, and now I can't see any real reason why XRPL+Flare can't have done it better and actually the right way. This space is huge with many opportunities and many busy years are coming.

In an EVM world (like Ethereum or Flare) it is pretty easy to build functionality and deliver value in the form of a coin. This functionality can be e.g. a derivative that is based on value of other tokens on the network. So not necessarily an IOU, it can be completely decentralized in itself. This is what I see the value of DeFi, basically decentralized derivatives. (But note b.t.w. that UK plans to ban derivatives on crypto - https://cointelegraph.com/news/uk-s-fca-bans-retail-crypto-derivatives-after-year-long-consideration - which is weird imo ...)

Not saying that these new coins are per definition ok, one needs to look really good at what is behind the coin ..

Its very complicated!...but so is what goes on under the bonnet of my car, or inside the electronics on my refrigerator, or inside the algorithms of a social media site .....

I guess very complicated systems, if set up correctly, can run smoothly and provide added efficiency and easy to use technology?    

Edited by Julian_Williams
45 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

(Suppresses urge to give Wittgensteinian lecture on subtle dangers of "be" verbs...)

Met Wittgensteinian in Cambridge in '33, great guy.