Ripple partners with Lemonway

I think that too many holders in here just don't want to see it.

The fact that XRP / ODL didn't get ANY traction in (late 2019) 2020 should ring a bell.
Not trying to spread fud but the fact is that Ripple moves on with Ripplenet and not ODL.

And yes each new Ripplenet partner could become an ODL utiliser but so far none of them did.
(except for a very few one who were "testing" it back in early 2018 - 2019 but to me it's just for their image building towards the market => PR & marketing.

Or did I miss "the dozen" banks who were going to utilise XRP in 2019? 

300+ partners in Ripples ecosystem, yet very few have been vocal about XRP / don't use XRP.
"it's a sign" folks.

51 minutes ago, MisterRipple said:

How many of those transactions come from different FI using XRP?
in other words how many of those 300+ FI are using XRP?
More transparency is needed.

What difference does it make? I think the interesting observation is that the ODL transaction share continuously increased despite an ever growing RippleNet.

10 hours ago, TplusZero said:

What difference does it make? I think the interesting observation is that the ODL transaction share continuously increased despite an ever growing RippleNet.

Where do you monitor that? I'm sometimes looking here and for several months those values seem to be around the same levels, even way below the ATH 

Agreed, more transparency would be welcome. While it's certainly nice to hear that app. 20% of all RippleNet transactions use ODL (and thus XRP), it's a big difference whether those transactions are micropayments valued at a fraction of a cent or high(er) value payments ...

Exactly. For some undeclared reason at a certain moment they abandonned high value tx over ODL causing a fall back of 75% in weekly moved value
1 hour ago, kanaas said:

Exactly. For some undeclared reason at a certain moment they abandonned high value tx over ODL causing a fall back of 75% in weekly moved value

While I agree that is concerning, and I don't want to downplay the great effort the utility-scan people do; keep in mind that it is an approximation which might miss transactions.

Edited by Zerpiet
On 10/7/2020 at 11:11 AM, MisterRipple said:

How many of those transactions come from different FI using XRP?
in other words how many of those 300+ FI are using XRP?
More transparency is needed.

In the interview Chris Larsen gave yesterday, the one where he said the Ripple might relocate out of the US.  He said that Ripplenet has about 300 FIs and a few dozen (or was it a couple?) of dozen were using ODL.  The "matchmaker" leak showed a number of FIs that were open for ODL.  I think Utility Scan (a great service) is missing some data. 

There was an announcement this week that the Thai Bitcub to London ODL rails are now open.  

It seems a painfully slow build up, and 2020 has been disrupted by Covid.  I think Ripple are frustrated by the lack of support from the US regulators who they seem to blame for the slow progress in the role out of their ODL services. The good news is that Ripple are not sitting and waiting, they are constantly adding new facilities to their Ripplenet services.  They are strengthening their products so that they can be scaled up when the opportunity to expand ODL arrives.  

Edited by Julian_Williams

I often wonder if existing ODL liquidity providers provisioning contracts block usage of XRP? There are probably many types of N/V provisioning products. Perhaps one type would be a FI negotiating to have a N/V liquidity rail and they would sign a contract to use only that liquidity source, over a cetain time period, thus blocking any type of new ODL N/V process,

2 hours ago, robertbruce said:

I often wonder if existing ODL liquidity providers provisioning contracts block usage of XRP? There are probably many types of N/V provisioning products. Perhaps one type would be a FI negotiating to have a N/V liquidity rail and they would sign a contract to use only that liquidity source, over a cetain time period, thus blocking any type of new ODL N/V process,

ODL FX looks to be a strong solution even without XRP and I think Ripple should make it more clear why. How does it compare with Vanguard's fiat FX Fintech solution announced in fall 2019 and rolled out this year?

Birla said 1/5 in August? That's 1/5 of RippleNet using ODL which is a product that can use XRP but isn't necessarily doing so? Look at his wording in that tweet. So what does it take for the rest of the 4/5s of RippleNet to use ODL. And of the 1/5, what of that is XRP? I think Ripple needs to change gears with calling XRP a bridge currency. It's a bridge asset. A currency is regulated and insured - XRP isn't being used because it is neither.

An asset can bridge value of any sort in an IOV ecosystem. We've seen this with gaming, etc. But even in traditional finance, outside of FX or payments, insurance underwriting denominated by XRP would not fit a bridge currency role and for the better.  I think XRP credit is going to be big. 

Edited by Guest