Ripple partners with Lemonway

Wowwww this is UUUGEe! 
A EUR-to-EUR corridor, this will unlock the great XRP potential!!!! 

I think Brad decided to run the marathon as a pacer, leading the front runners and dropping out before the finish. 
I guess this partnership is "laying the railway" and XRP will be utilised once "regulations, NDA and the magic potion" come into play? 

:rolleyes:

By joining RippleNet and their connection to Niums global money transfer network, Lemonway can improve its euro-to-euro payment corridors—and can expand to other currencies and corridors in the future. Through this partnership and RippleNet’s access to hundreds of global financial institutions, Lemonway ensures transparent, reliable and real-time payments, at a lower cost—a key competitive differentiator that helps Lemonway attract new customers.

Just ignoring that bit are you?

Edited by Flintstone
1 hour ago, MisterRipple said:

Wowwww this is UUUGEe! 
A EUR-to-EUR corridor, this will unlock the great XRP potential!!!! 

I think Brad decided to run the marathon as a pacer, leading the front runners and dropping out before the finish. 
I guess this partnership is "laying the railway" and XRP will be utilised once "regulations, NDA and the magic potion" come into play? 

:rolleyes:

is there link to this news?

1 hour ago, Duke67 said:

It sounds like Lemonway joined Nium payment network, which is also formerly known as InstaRem.

VISA invested in InstaRem in 2020.

Link: Lemonway Joins RippleNet to Power Instant, Cost-Effective Euro-to-Euro Payments

Times must have changed or I must be very simple. If I transfer money from one single currency state to another, whether in the Eurozone or USA, then XRP or Ripple has little benefit, which is why Ripple and XRP were not considered for faster payments in USA, and Ripple acknowledged that XRP was not designed for such internal systems. So where is the advantage in the Eurozone? I'm not making a statement, just seeking enlightenment if times have moved on

2 hours ago, Flintstone said:

By joining RippleNet and their connection to Niums global money transfer network, Lemonway can improve its euro-to-euro payment corridors—and can expand to other currencies and corridors in the future. Through this partnership and RippleNet’s access to hundreds of global financial institutions, Lemonway ensures transparent, reliable and real-time payments, at a lower cost—a key competitive differentiator that helps Lemonway attract new customers.

Just ignoring that bit are you?

CAN expand in the FUTURE..
Common we've been too long in this game, this is just some hopium for the XRP army.
XRP isn't going anywhere with this

6 minutes ago, MisterRipple said:

Common we've been too long in this game, this is just some hopium for the XRP army.

Yep, just looked in to it a bit more. XRP does not figure. I will put it on the back burner although it adds to the ecosystem ie not negative. Remind me to buy Ripple shares in future

35 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

Times must have changed or I must be very simple. If I transfer money from one single currency state to another, whether in the Eurozone or USA, then XRP or Ripple has little benefit, which is why Ripple and XRP were not considered for faster payments in USA, and Ripple acknowledged that XRP was not designed for such internal systems. So where is the advantage in the Eurozone? I'm not making a statement, just seeking enlightenment if times have moved on

It all depends who does the backing. Even in the EUR zone there often is a high pressure between EUR in stronger and weaker economic zones. In other words: having a EUR on a German bank is not the same as having a EUR in let's say a Greek bank. Means that basically there "should" be a need for settlement between German and Greek Euros... 

21 minutes ago, kanaas said:

It all depends who does the backing. Even in the EUR zone there often is a high pressure between EUR in stronger and weaker economic zones. In other words: having a EUR on a German bank is not the same as having a EUR in let's say a Greek bank. Means that basically there "should" be a need for settlement between German and Greek Euros... 

Exactly it's like tiered currencies. CBDC's add to this. Many creative ways to utilize XRP.

4 hours ago, Duke67 said:

It sounds like Lemonway joined Nium payment network, which is also formerly known as InstaRem.

VISA invested in InstaRem in 2020.

Link: Lemonway Joins RippleNet to Power Instant, Cost-Effective Euro-to-Euro Payments

and McDonalds is partnered with Visa.  Soon we'll be able to order happy meals with XRP.  Connect the dots everyone.

Or... financial companies work with each other in many different ways.  Just because one in the giant network of businesses has the ability to use XRP, doesn't mean all (or any for that matter) of the others are even considering changing their partnership interfaces or payment systems in any capacity.

When one of the companies, any one of these companies, announces that they are actually using XRP and that it is actually saving them money, then i'll care.

Until then, this is just another company that appears to be subscribing to Ripples "tinder for banks service".  Great news for Ripple, meaningless for XRP holders.

Edited by Zerpple
2 hours ago, MisterRipple said:

We all want value from XRP usage and it's still probably years away from having that effect, but all partnerships adopting RippleNet add to the future possibility of XRP usage. Without RippleNet adoption, there won't be any ODL adoption. So obviously, we want RippleNet adoption? I'm not sure what the need for sarcasm is, as that seems pretty logical to me.

7 hours ago, Flintstone said:

We all want value from XRP usage and it's still probably years away from having that effect, but all partnerships adopting RippleNet add to the future possibility of XRP usage. Without RippleNet adoption, there won't be any ODL adoption. So obviously, we want RippleNet adoption? I'm not sure what the need for sarcasm is, as that seems pretty logical to me.

Yes, we do want ODL adoption, and yes that would come through RippleNet, but there is a much bigger problem here.  None of these companies use ODL.  Corridors outside of the US don't use ODL.  FI's never speak of ODL in their forums.  Yes, we want RippleNet adoption, but more so we want to hear that these companies that are on RippleNet want to use it.  So far it seems every FI on RippleNet is there for the speedy messaging service and new payment networks. Not ODL.  This includes FI's outside the US.  Why don't we see FI's excited about ODL?  It's been said the more FI's that use ODL, the cheaper it becomes.  Why isn't there a campaign from the banks and FI's to start adopting it if that is indeed the case?  Every business wants to save money.  

So no, I'm not going to start celebrating every company that jumps onto RippleNet until I start seeing some/any interest at all in ODL from a couple of these companies.  Right now, with the IPO looming and non-crypto competition rising from companies like Ant, I'm starting to think I backed the wrong horse.  

53 minutes ago, Zerpple said:

None of these companies use ODL.  Corridors outside of the US don't use ODL.

That’s not correct.  There are FIs using ODL outside US.  

54 minutes ago, Zerpple said:

Why don't we see FI's excited about ODL?

We do.  FlashFX have said they are very excited about it.