Asheesh Birla & Monica Long leading RippleNet & RippleX (former Xpring)

Im kind of confused. What are the projects xpring did invest in and how many of them use xrp at present time? 

What exactly did ethan beard deliver to the xrpledger in the past 2.5 years  ?

Edited by FineSir
8 hours ago, FineSir said:

Im kind of confused. What are the projects xpring did invest in and how many of them use xrp at present time? 

What exactly did ethan beard deliver to the xrpledger in the past 2.5 years  ?

The charity Xpring was funded by retail investors (like us) and is now RippleX apparently.  Xpring (now RippleX?) funded Omni, Coil, Cinnamon to name a few.  Hopefully Flare saves us or  we"ll wait for regulation and NDAs.  Maybe an IPO? Maybe the security debate ends? 

XRP will never reach its ATH again till the "founders" escrow or distribute their holdings.  3 of the top 10 richest people in the world can't be Ripple Board Members when XRP hits or nears its ATH.  Anyone with a brain knows this.  Not saying they don't deserve this, circumventing the financial payments system is no easy task, but unfortunately this isn't how it works.  I know its only paper $$$ blah blah blah, they'll crash the market if they try to sell in bulk, yes agreed.   Pretty sure Forbes called Joel Katz the "trillion dollar man" at one point during the bull run of 2017/2018.  The "trillion dollar man" de risked his (XRP) holdings so take that as you will.  

In the short term, the only one benefitting from XRP's value is JED,  who can sell a % of his "founder" holdings based on volume.  Has to be filthy rich at this point.  But again he copied XRP and burned XLM circulating supply so go figure.

Lets just not act like Ripples Software sales are keeping them afloat when they OTC "escrowed XRP"  for business "operations"

Still not selling but concerns can't be ignored at this point.

Someone blink please, you know who your are.

7 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I think Joel Katz has very limited amounts of XRP.  I also read once that eh founders are on similar restrictions in sales as Jed.  I think Jed is a big problem, and he will probably neve give up his XRP without being paid.  Maybe a bank or consortium will buy him out.

In a nascent market, a continuous market order for selling, large enough to consume an orderbook's inventory, even though it is now a percentage of volume (a limitation set to expire) can severely undermine a market's ability to accurately value an asset.

This has been the case with XRP since Jed went awol, his goal has been to leach off of Ripple's success in creating value for XRP/RippleNet/IoV to essentially give IBM another lesson (see Microsoft) in how to miss the creation of a big new market/industry. I would not want to be on the IBM team that got their time wasted with Stellar.

I have watched Monica thrive in Ripple, and she should be proud of her progress. Being in charge of RippleX will give her significant influence over the creation of the Iov, well beyond the reach of RippleNet. Asheesh, has also done fantastic with Ripple, and I'd expect him to do just as well driving RippleNet's growth. This will be key to, and underpin Monica's efforts with RippleX and the IoV.

RippleNet as a collective node on the network of the IoV, will be a node with a high Degree of Centrality. While XRPL/Bitcoind and other smart contract platforms will compete to be collective nodes with a high Degree of Centrality within the IoV. Ripple is developing 2 key nodes, both XRPL and RippleNet, and yes both of these "nodes" internally function as networks themselves. Think about the value they are creating for a while, and the influence they have applied to the topology of the IoV with ILP, etc. 

https://cambridge-intelligence.com/keylines-faqs-social-network-analysis/

Definition: Degree centrality assigns an importance score based simply on the number of links held by each node.

What it tells us: How many direct, ‘one hop’ connections each node has to other nodes in the network.

When to use it: For finding very connected individuals, popular individuals, individuals who are likely to hold most information or individuals who can quickly connect with the wider network.

A bit more detail: Degree centrality is the simplest measure of node connectivity. Sometimes it’s useful to look at in-degree (number of inbound links) and out-degree (number of outbound links) as distinct measures, for example when looking at transactional data or account activity.

As time ticks, it becomes harder and harder for me to see folks who are forming opinions regarding what is happening in Crypto, who do not understand fundamentally that there is simply just a new network of networks being stitched together. Without a firm grasp on this idea, it is impossible to form a valuable opinion/valuation of anything that is happening in the space. This needs to be graphicly depicted so folks can "see it" happening. 

Edited by KarmaCoverage

Come to think of it, Bitcoind currently has a higher Degree of Centrality, than XRPL. BTC's main value driver is derived from the fact that it is the main "bridge currency" for the Broader Crypto markets, and XRPL's lower Degree of Centrality is in part due to the lack of willingness of Bitcoind participants to also connect to XRPL. I suspect this is due to knowing that XRPL is a superior network/blockchain, and some of the same ideology that caused Jed to mis-step by leaving Ripple.

There is another metric that will be key to RippleNet's value within the topology of the IoV, it is the metric that measures "who you know, not what you know".  https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ClosenessCentrality.html

Anna in this example  would be like RippleNet in the IoV's graph due to all the banks being the nodes who custody and service the Value for corp & consumer level nodes, who would branch off of the banks & exchanges.. carol, ben, rose, etc. 

Capture.PNG.f0b2c86a7da2d9c8552f0196676ad581.PNG

... and XRPL would be like Anna within the RippleNet topology, while banks/exchanges compete to achieve (or maintain like Citi) a high Degree of Closeness Centrality and other metrics they should be using to guide their strategy (but I have my doubts they do think from this vantage point).

Edited by KarmaCoverage
5 minutes ago, pucksterpete said:

@Stedas is the man for that....

There are two people who I have spoken with who are running XRPL nodes and helping track down stolen XRP to the Exchanges where the money is laundered into Fiat. I forget their XRPchat names, but that is the type of resources you need to depict the graph of XRPL.

RippleNet can probably only be done by Ripple, or maybe you could reverse engineer from that tool I have seen CryptoEri use to look at which corridors each bank/exchange connects to.

In terms of the IoV's graph, you need a much larger effort, because you need to graph out not only the sub components like XRPL's internal network, but you also need to graph out all the other blockchains, like BTC (simple) and ETH (not simple because like XRPL it has an internal network graph) and all the other networks out there. This is all ILP level stuff, and I'm not sure the ILP project ever really got a cohesive graph put together for "Connectors", and even if they did, other private connections could exist between Connectors without being disclosed.

Great, hopefully RippleX wont invest in projects which have no intension using XRP.

For the next year they wont have anything to rebrand. We might get real XRP usage data, or maybe not.