When Is Ripple Going to Acquire Someone?

10 minutes ago, StirCrazy said:

when you were talking about pathfinding and the use case as the basis for a network business, is it the information/item/asset that moves along the path which is more valuable or the first-mover advantage of the entity dictating that path?

It has nothing to do with "first mover advantage". Google didn't have first mover advantage, they were not the first service/company to offer search functionality.

It is also not THE info/item/asset... but it is the identification of the Route through the Network which is the functionality that becomes so valuable once monetized. 

Examples :

• Google Search finds the best path/route through the internet to find you the info that you want.
    • They monetize this via Ads, so they place the ads along the path/route and get paid to do so by those who want to be along the path.
  • Railroad companies invested massive capital expenditures to build out the railroad network
    • They monetize this via selling train car rides along the path/route and get paid to do so by those who want be at the destination.
  • Interstate Highway system (US) invested massive capital expenditures to build out the road network.
    • They monetize this via collecting gas taxes from those who wish to burn gas to get through the road network to their destination
  • Amazon invested massive capital expenditures to build out a logistics network to move anything you could want.
    • They monetize this via TX fee. Identifying and selling access to a path/route through the network to retailers who want to route their goods to the destination.
  • Big Money Center Banks invested massive capital in N/V accounts, and built a Correspondent network to move money where you want.
    • They monetize this via a TX fee. Identifying and selling access to a path/route through the network to smaller banks (who are Retailers) who want to route their money to the destination.
  • Comcast invested massive capital ... (F comcast)
    • Pay your monthly bill, so they will route your packets of data

I could go on, but hopefully that gets the point across.

• Ripple has invested massive capital expenditures to build out RIppleNet and seed the creation of an IoV.
    • They monetize this (right now) via selling access to the network both through licensing fees to Retailer Banks who want to route their money through network.
    • They monetize this (right now) via selling access and improved Routing/Pathfinding in the network, aka ODL using XRP which is exactly the same as selling a seat to move through a railroad network
    • They will monetize - I believe - (in the future) via loaning out XRP on very short time frames, like for a few ledger closes. This will enable Ripple to both lower the cost of moving Value/XRP through the network & allow Ripple to begin charging for the second of the two functions which XRP serves with in RippleNet & IoV
      • A TX fee, like a postage stamp on a envelope 
      • The letter, like a check/value in the envelope

---

All that was said to emphasize the point that monetizing the Routing/Pathfinding function is very important. Thus when I look at Bitcoind vs Rippled there is no comparison. Bitcoind dosent have a Pathinding function, because it cant. There is nothing to route, there is not a multitude of routs/paths that a bitcoin can travel down. The only path is from Allice to Bob, thats it.

Rippled however not only has a multitude of routes/paths that any number of denominations of Value can travel down... but it also Does have a Pathfinding function built natively right into XRPL. The shortest path goes through XRP, which is like an Ad/seat ticket/gas tax/access fee or TX fee that is collected for identifying and providing the shortest and cheapest Path/Route through the network.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's analogous for the reasons I mentioned.  I don't need ownership rights or dividends based on my expected risk adjusted return over a 6-9 year hold. I also feel that Brad spoke too soon regard

They just posted a position for someone to work on some kind of loan product. https://medium.com/@KarmaCoverage/how-xpool-may-work-an-attempted-guess-daf3674f17c7 I personally think that a

Well, in the 20th Ripple Drop episode (03:00 - 03:40) Brad G. talked about how Ripple was in very strong position financially and that they were considering making strategic investments and/or possibl

5 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

It has nothing to do with "first mover advantage". Google didn't have first mover advantage, they were not the first service/company to offer search functionality.

It is also not THE info/item/asset... but it is the identification of the Route through the Network which is the functionality that becomes so valuable once monetized. 

Examples :

• Google Search finds the best path/route through the internet to find you the info that you want.
    • They monetize this via Ads, so they place the ads along the path/route and get paid to do so by those who want to be along the path.
  • Railroad companies invested massive capital expenditures to build out the railroad network
    • They monetize this via selling train car rides along the path/route and get paid to do so by those who want be at the destination.
  • Interstate Highway system (US) invested massive capital expenditures to build out the road network.
    • They monetize this via collecting gas taxes from those who wish to burn gas to get through the road network to their destination
  • Amazon invested massive capital expenditures to build out a logistics network to move anything you could want.
    • They monetize this via TX fee. Identifying and selling access to a path/route through the network to retailers who want to route their goods to the destination.
  • Big Money Center Banks invested massive capital in N/V accounts, and built a Correspondent network to move money where you want.
    • They monetize this via a TX fee. Identifying and selling access to a path/route through the network to smaller banks (who are Retailers) who want to route their money to the destination.
  • Comcast invested massive capital ... (F comcast)
    • Pay your monthly bill, so they will route your packets of data

I could go on, but hopefully that gets the point across.

• Ripple has invested massive capital expenditures to build out RIppleNet and seed the creation of an IoV.
    • They monetize this (right now) via selling access to the network both through licensing fees to Retailer Banks who want to route their money through network.
    • They monetize this (right now) via selling access and improved Routing/Pathfinding in the network, aka ODL using XRP which is exactly the same as selling a seat to move through a railroad network
    • They will monetize - I believe - (in the future) via loaning out XRP on very short time frames, like for a few ledger closes. This will enable Ripple to both lower the cost of moving Value/XRP through the network & allow Ripple to begin charging for the second of the two functions which XRP serves with in RippleNet & IoV
      • A TX fee, like a postage stamp on a envelope 
      • The letter, like a check/value in the envelope

---

All that was said to emphasize the point that monetizing the Routing/Pathfinding function is very important. Thus when I look at Bitcoind vs Rippled there is no comparison. Bitcoind dosent have a Pathinding function, because it cant. There is nothing to route, there is not a multitude of routs/paths that a bitcoin can travel down. The only path is from Allice to Bob, thats it.

Rippled however not only has a multitude of routes/paths that any number of denominations of Value can travel down... but it also Does have a Pathfinding function built natively right into XRPL. The shortest path goes through XRP, which is like an Ad/seat ticket/gas tax/access fee or TX fee that is collected for identifying and providing the shortest and cheapest Path/Route through the network.

This is going to take me some Time to digest... : )

Edited by Guest