When Is Ripple Going to Acquire Someone?

Traditional Stocks have regulatory protection, crypto doesn’t. hacks and all sorts of crypto theft have happened over the years in the crypto arena, this space is still the wild west. XRP is a gamble.

I have a friend who gave me a tip about  a certain oil exploration co stock in 2010. The Co had bought the licenses to allow drilling in a certain area of shallow sea.  Every year the board stated something along the lines “we have funding, we will be drilling soon.” Followed by a reason that they can’t, some months later.

10 years on and they are still saying the same thing. But as the years go by they have nudged the project along. They have had to deal with change of the licensing government, change of oil price, change of govt policy, environmental objections, loss of funding/backers, fought off takeover bids and so on and so on.

That company was not far from drilling at the beginning of 2020, then covid happened and the project was paused again.

Now with covid waning in threat, with any luck they may actually get their first exploratory drill done by Easter 2021.

So the above is the story of a real company in the real world. These things take time, you cannot predict the world the way Brad and indeed anyone else thinks that they can. If you don’t want to take the long view, I suggest investing in something other than a start up in the crypto space, or not investing at all perhaps.

Crypto, because of it’s techie following and “brave new world” hype and the famous 2017 Bubble, amongst other things,  has brought folks that are totally new to paying in money and watching it’s value rise and fall, but, guys and gals this is how startup investments work. 

I bought my 1st crypto in 2017, after years of thinking it was a scam. I wish I had bought in 5 months earlier than I did. If investing off of our own judgement was easy everyone would do it, Successfully, It Is Not 
Crypto is a gamble, don’t get upset, buy XRP if you want, or don’t, but don’t be emotional about it, weigh up the risk in your own mind and decide if it is worth it for yourself. None of what I have said is advice, it’s just how I feel about this. Make your own decisions based on your own research.

Let’s hope that drill bit pierces the bedrock by march 2021,  oil is found and it is profitable.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's analogous for the reasons I mentioned.  I don't need ownership rights or dividends based on my expected risk adjusted return over a 6-9 year hold. I also feel that Brad spoke too soon regard

They just posted a position for someone to work on some kind of loan product. https://medium.com/@KarmaCoverage/how-xpool-may-work-an-attempted-guess-daf3674f17c7 I personally think that a

Well, in the 20th Ripple Drop episode (03:00 - 03:40) Brad G. talked about how Ripple was in very strong position financially and that they were considering making strategic investments and/or possibl

6 hours ago, King34Maine said:

Ok....Ok....you got me....I'm Brad Garlinghouse!!!

It's okay Brad but first thing first, please go have some treatment for your compulsive liar syndrome. I knew it was you or one of the shills we have had here before (do you remember Hodor? Where is he now? Maybe it is you too...). 

Look, I don’t mean to be rude but I prefer to hear to honest truth and cut the bs. 

Ripple (and its shills) keeps pushing timelines further and further and further and shows 0 empathy. I will do the same. 

18 hours ago, XRPage said:

Oh, I forgot "plumbing", new bs word of the year. Plumbing here, plumbing there, plumbing nowhere. 

No plumbing my friend, this is the internet and has been working for decades. 

#stopthebullshit

#ignoranceisachoice

This is just a high level overview of the strategy and plumbing necessary to build an open protocol to allow for the IOV.  The ILP is essential and isn't something thats whipped up by a couple dev's over the weekend.  

https://ripple.com/insights/why-open-protocols-are-the-first-step-in-the-distributed-ledger-movement/

2 hours ago, aavkk said:

#ignoranceisachoice

This is just a high level overview of the strategy and plumbing necessary to build an open protocol to allow for the IOV.  The ILP is essential and isn't something thats whipped up by a couple dev's over the weekend.  

https://ripple.com/insights/why-open-protocols-are-the-first-step-in-the-distributed-ledger-movement/

I wouldn't waste anymore time and energy trying to engage in a civilize discussion with @XRPage, @Fidel_Castro@LetHerRip, and @xerxesramesepolybius. They're purposefully acting stupid. Time is too precious to waste on them. The Ignore User feature is wonderful!!!

55 minutes ago, LetHerRip said:

You got 5 to 10 years waiting to recoup your investment, seems like you'll have all the time in the world.

Same for you, right?  Oh, wait are you shorting XRP like you said a couple weeks ago for the past 2 years?  Or are you on the sidelines waiting for the right time to buy?  Or are you long and just disappointed with the progress?  I have zero problem waiting until 2023-2025 which is when my original timeline for a successful exit was assumed when I invested in 2017.  I feel much better about XRP's long-term prospects now today than I did before XRapid was launched.  Also, I don't think most who invested 3 years ago before the bull run sensibly with an amount they could lose and not lose sleep at night have any problems waiting either.  

3 hours ago, King34Maine said:

I wouldn't waste anymore time and energy trying to engage in a civilize discussion with @XRPage, @Fidel_Castro@LetHerRip, and @xerxesramesepolybius. They're purposefully acting stupid. Time is too precious to waste on them. The Ignore User feature is wonderful!!!

Talking to paid shill is a waste of time (and money).

Btw, no one asked you or made you reply to the comments you don’t like. I guess you cannot resist and you need the ignore list. 

On 9/22/2020 at 4:37 PM, xerxesramesepolybius said:

So it's like an equity investment is it? But without the ownership rights or dividends or ability to hold management to account or protection that auditors provide, reducing the risk that the numbers told to you by the management are complete nonsense?

XRP is a Crypto asset.

If you desire equity, and all it's centralized legal protections then I believe Linqto is the outlet for your time and efforts.

It looks like this thread has turned into a garbage for negative nancy parade. There is so much going on, I guess it's hard to keep on top of everything. I'm still digesting Flare (huge!) and FXRP, relative to other Stablecoins.

Edited by KarmaCoverage
On 9/24/2020 at 8:24 AM, KarmaCoverage said:

XRP is a Crypto asset.

If you desire equity, and all it's centralized legal protections then I believe Linqto is the outlet for your time and efforts.

It looks like this thread has turned into a garbage for negative nancy parade. There is so much going on, I guess it's hard to keep on top of everything. I'm still digesting Flare (huge!) and FXRP, relative to other Stablecoins.

@KarmaCoverage - when you were talking about pathfinding and the use case as the basis for a network business, is it the information/item/asset that moves along the path which is more valuable or the first-mover advantage of the entity dictating that path? As an example if Google is really ads as the revenue source, what route is Google connecting the searcher to the advertiser in, resulting in cost speed value, that say Bob's Search Engine can't do? You can ironically Google 'Bob's Search Engine' but likely won't find it. Without first mover advantage I shutter to think Ripple and XRP can continue to delay to have any value. Is this in line with the IPO rumor on this board as an effort to pivot to become a software company and not a purveyor of the IOV with XRP as the global reserve and bridge asset to ecommerce?