When Is Ripple Going to Acquire Someone?

6 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

I completely agree with you here. If you don't mind, I will continue to beat the horse just to make sure we're all on the same page...Lol!!

I think a lot of people have been just randomly putting money into various assets/platforms without truly understanding their specific use case, their target industry, and product-market fit. Fintech platforms/companies like Ripple are targeting and bridging the world of crypto/blockchain to that of traditional financial markets. They are working within the confines of a highly conservative and regulated space that moves at a much slower and methodical pace. Every XRP holder wants the price to go up, but just as you have short, medium, and long term investments in traditional finance, the same applies to crypto. I've said many times that XRP is a long term hold. By long-term, I'm talking YEARS!! It was always going to take years for Ripple's vision for XRP to manifest itself and bear fruit. My best guess is more like over the next 5-10 years. After all, it wasn't until around 2016-17 where Ripple really started to ramp-up marketing and partnerships creating the rails for what was known back in the day as xCurrent, now RippleNet. Trying to change the way the global transference of value happens was never going to occur within a measly 4 years. There are many dynamics at play hindering XRP's adoption as the primier bridge for the cross-border transfer of value and thus its price appreciation that people are not taking into account:

1. Vague and spotty/patchwork global REGULATIONS that are clear in some jurisdictions, cloudy in others, and out right forbidden in several has been the #1 problem.
  2. The amount of time required to reconfigure/rebuild the global cross-border payments rails/network.
  3. Attracting a broad and diverse partnership-base with connections/links to a broad customer base who will in turn utilize the services/applications being built on RippleNet/ODL thus validating the platform.
  4. Convincing these partners to stop using what they've been accustomed to for 60ish years to transmit cross-border payments/remittances via SWIFT (i.e. correspondent banking and Nostro/Vostro accounts) and move to real-time payments via RippleNet/ODL.
  5. Developing the trading/value-routing platform (i.e. liquidity sourcing and aggregation, execution algorithm modeling implementation, Fx data analytics, etc.)
  6. Building the ecosystem of liquidity partnership to scale the platform (i.e. Exchanges, Market Makers, Arbitrages, Fx Swap market players, OTC Trading Desks, etc.)
  7. Lastly, the cherry on top is MONEY. The sheer cost of orchestrating all of this both from an engineering, legal, regulatory, and financial standpoint is staggering.

While I'm quite sure that I'm leaving out some things, the point that I'm trying to make is that there's no quick route for XRP's price appreciation.

You know who the half paid crew is when they start writing posts like the 2 above. Please make it less obvious. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's analogous for the reasons I mentioned.  I don't need ownership rights or dividends based on my expected risk adjusted return over a 6-9 year hold. I also feel that Brad spoke too soon regard

They just posted a position for someone to work on some kind of loan product. https://medium.com/@KarmaCoverage/how-xpool-may-work-an-attempted-guess-daf3674f17c7 I personally think that a

Well, in the 20th Ripple Drop episode (03:00 - 03:40) Brad G. talked about how Ripple was in very strong position financially and that they were considering making strategic investments and/or possibl

12 minutes ago, XRPage said:

Sorry but this does not make sense. Of course that time counts. In 2017 they had a working product and they were marketing it by giving statements that haven't come true (i now think they were basically lying to make xrp more appealing by pretending it was about to reach mass adoption among institutions and banks, aka creating fomo). Meanwhile they were emptying their own bags. 

What @aavkk wast trying to underscore was that the technology was brand new during this period of time. What @aavkk said was "Sure, it was created several years earlier but the market wasn't ready and the plumbing wasn't ready until 2016 to start marketing and laying out use cases for its promising utility."  As I explained in my previous response, changing the way value is transferred globally will take years to be fully realized. The fact that people expect Ripple to uproot and change what's taken +60ish years to build in only 5 years is not rooted in any kind of common sense or reality. I use to think the same exact way as well and ask myself, "Why is it taking them so long to produce results?" This was until I actually did the research into the various infrastructure components, regulatory compliance, etc. that's involved in transferring value to and from one entity to another. Once you understand those dynamics, you gain a great appreciation for the gargantuan task Ripple has taken on.

Now, I agree that Brad got ahead of himself with his amateurish predictions regarding banks custodying and using digital assets/crypto back in 2018, I'll give you that as the regulatory climate was still very anti-crypto. Even he admits this to be true.

13 minutes ago, XRPage said:

What progress have they shown since then? Zero. No banks, same number of institutions, no price increase, nothing. Xrp is an almost infinite funding machine to pay 300 employees doing what? And yet they raise money from investors. I guess xrp is also used to pay interests to these investors. 

Well, we don't know all of the partners associated with Ripple. There are these pesky things call NDAs that prevent them from acknowledging every partner until they (the partner) is ready to come forward. Just because you and I hold XRP doesn't give us an automatic right to know every single plan/partnership Ripple is engaged in. This has be debated on this forum umpteen times. We, as XRP investors, are not investors in the traditional sense. We have NO say whatsoever in the overall business direction and choices Ripple takes. Even if you are an investor and hold equity in Ripple you are still not going to be privy to every partnership or the strategic business plans regarding new products, investments, and acquisition as this would/could potentially undermine their strategy and allow competitors visibility into their overall plans.

48 minutes ago, XRPage said:

You know who the half paid crew is when they start writing posts like the 2 above. Please make it less obvious. 

Nope, but I wish Brad would put me on the payroll. Listen, I want to make money on my investment in XRP as well. I'm not here for shits and giggles, I want to be in a state of what I refer to as TFI (Total Financial Independence). I believe that XRP will get me there, but I've come to the realization that it's going to take some time for it to get there. With that being said, XRP is not my sole investment. All I'm trying to provide is clarity.

5 hours ago, aavkk said:

Not to beat a dead horse on this topic but anyone with any experience investing at the seed stage across most verticals can expect their investment to be completely illiquid and tied up for 7-10 years before a profitable exit.  You can certainly draw parallels to XRP being at the seed stage in 2016.  Sure, it was created several years earlier but the market wasn't ready and the plumbing wasn't ready until 2016 to start marketing and laying out use cases for its promising utility.  While I, too, didn't discover and decide to invest in XRP until 2017 my mindset with it is to pretend my zerps are totally illiquid and let this "seed investment" do its thing right alongside my others in different verticals such as healthcare, consumer SaaS, life sciences/stem cell therapy, genomics and robotics startups.  I'm still really bullish on the entire digital assets space and see absolutely no reason for concern regarding XRP's continued adoption in the space.  All these things just take more time than anyone cares for but its a timeline that's been documented for decades.  The middle of this decade should warrant a profitable exit from a number of different digital assets and I really like XRP in that small bucket.  

So it's like an equity investment is it? But without the ownership rights or dividends or ability to hold management to account or protection that auditors provide, reducing the risk that the numbers told to you by the management are complete nonsense?

21 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Even if you are an investor and hold equity in Ripple you are still not going to be privy to every partnership or the strategic business plans regarding new products, investments, and acquisition as this would/could potentially undermine their strategy and allow competitors visibility into their overall plans.

You will get a damn sight more information that XRP holders

11 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Nope, but I wish Brad would put me on the payroll. Listen, I want to make money on my investment in XRP as well. I'm not here for shits and giggles, I want to be in a state of what I refer to as TFI (Total Financial Independence). I believe that XRP will get me there, but I've come to the realization that it's going to take some time for it to get there. With that being said, XRP is not my sole investment. All I'm trying to provide is clarity.

Sure. How much are you getting paid? Just curious. Are you JK? BG? Come on, don't be shy... 

This was a decent thread, hopefully it returns to serious questions if there are any and serious answers if there are any and not paranoid paid by post. I think paid by post exists for bots now, not humans.

Edited by Guest
32 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

What @aavkk wast trying to underscore was that the technology was brand new during this period of time. What @aavkk said was "Sure, it was created several years earlier but the market wasn't ready and the plumbing wasn't ready until 2016 to start marketing and laying out use cases for its promising utility."  As I explained in my previous response, changing the way value is transferred globally will take years to be fully realized. The fact that people expect Ripple to uproot and change what's taken +60ish years to build in only 5 years is not rooted in any kind of common sense or reality. I use to think the same exact way as well and ask myself, "Why is it taking them so long to produce results?" This was until I actually did the research into the various infrastructure components, regulatory compliance, etc. that's involved in transferring value to and from one entity to another. Once you understand those dynamics, you gain a great appreciation for the gargantuan task Ripple has taken on.

Now, I agree that Brad got ahead of himself with his amateurish predictions regarding banks custodying and using digital assets/crypto back in 2018, I'll give you that as the regulatory climate was still very anti-crypto. Even he admits this to be true.

Well, we don't know all of the partners associated with Ripple. There are these pesky things call NDAs that prevent them from acknowledging every partner until they (the partner) is ready to come forward. Just because you and I hold XRP doesn't give us an automatic right to know every single plan/partnership Ripple is engaged in. This has be debated on this forum umpteen times. We, as XRP investors, are not investors in the traditional sense. We have NO say whatsoever in the overall business direction and choices Ripple takes. Even if you are an investor and hold equity in Ripple you are still not going to be privy to every partnership or the strategic business plans regarding new products, investments, and acquisition as this would/could potentially undermine their strategy and allow competitors visibility into their overall plans.

Bla bla bla regulations, bla bla bla payment rails, bla bla bla Brad's optimism, bla bla bla NDAs. All those unknowns can be for good or for bad. Yeah sure, they may have now 1000 customers or maybe 0. Who knows. For me, no news is bad news. 

30 minutes ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

So it's like an equity investment is it? But without the ownership rights or dividends or ability to hold management to account or protection that auditors provide, reducing the risk that the numbers told to you by the management are complete nonsense?

It's analogous for the reasons I mentioned.  I don't need ownership rights or dividends based on my expected risk adjusted return over a 6-9 year hold.

I also feel that Brad spoke too soon regarding certain milestones which required regulatory approval.  They missed these milestones and because of delayed regulations they have had to adjust their strategy.  You seem to be concerned for the value of your holdings based on certain statements that were made and didn't come to fruition.  These weren't lies they were expectations.  

What most fail to grasp is that what Ripple (and XRP as a tool) has done is build all new plumbing.  This took from 2011-2016/2017 and this is what I meant in my original statement.  If they were simply delivering a unique solution within the existing plumbing the ceiling for value creation would be much lower but they aren't.  The Internet of Value can't happen on SWIFT rails.  You can't deliver an email using USPS priority mail.  

I'm quite pleased with the progress Ripple have made and they have made it more clear than ever that XRP is a critical tool in their ability to deliver the IOV.  Be patient or not but no one here can do the hours of research such as myself and @King34Maine have done on the back end plumbing and overhaul of the global financial system which NEEDS these new rails more than ever.  Open your eyes and do your homework so you can sleep at night.  Or just continue to whine and *****, it makes no difference to me.  I hope you and @XRPage find happiness and satisfaction through whatever investments you decide to make.  Life is too short to spend time stewing in frustration.  Find something that makes you happy and pursue that.  

9 minutes ago, aavkk said:

It's analogous for the reasons I mentioned.  I don't need ownership rights or dividends based on my expected risk adjusted return over a 6-9 year hold.

I also feel that Brad spoke too soon regarding certain milestones which required regulatory approval.  They missed these milestones and because of delayed regulations they have had to adjust their strategy.  You seem to be concerned for the value of your holdings based on certain statements that were made and didn't come to fruition.  These weren't lies they were expectations.  

What most fail to grasp is that what Ripple (and XRP as a tool) has done is build all new plumbing.  This took from 2011-2016/2017 and this is what I meant in my original statement.  If they were simply delivering a unique solution within the existing plumbing the ceiling for value creation would be much lower but they aren't.  The Internet of Value can't happen on SWIFT rails.  You can't deliver an email using USPS priority mail.  

I'm quite pleased with the progress Ripple have made and they have made it more clear than ever that XRP is a critical tool in their ability to deliver the IOV.  Be patient or not but no one here can do the hours of research such as myself and @King34Maine have done on the back end plumbing and overhaul of the global financial system which NEEDS these new rails more than ever.  Open your eyes and do your homework so you can sleep at night.  Or just continue to whine and *****, it makes no difference to me.  I hope you and @XRPage find happiness and satisfaction through whatever investments you decide to make.  Life is too short to spend time stewing in frustration.  Find something that makes you happy and pursue that.  

Oh, I forgot "plumbing", new bs word of the year. Plumbing here, plumbing there, plumbing nowhere. 

No plumbing my friend, this is the internet and has been working for decades. 

#stopthebullshit

Edited by XRPage
3 hours ago, King34Maine said:

My best guess is more like over the next 5-10 years.

Wrong. Straight from the horses mouth.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/05/ripple-ceo-dozens-of-banks-will-use-xrp-product-in-2019.html

The banks are coming any minute now, they are beating down Ripples door. Major banks our great CEO said it. ;)

Want some more?!

Surrreeeeeee

How about our trusty CTO straight from the horses mouth too.

Ripples XRP strategy cant wait till 2021, that's too long for Ripple!

Moon is just around the corner amirite frens?! In the mighty Ripple we trust.

36 minutes ago, XRPage said:

Oh, I forgot "plumbing", new bs word of the year. Plumbing here, plumbing there, plumbing nowhere. 

No plumbing my friend, this is the internet and has been working for decades. 

#stopthebullshit

No bullshit here. I'm offering my opinions just as you are. With that being said, I think you have a very child-like understanding of the problem Ripple is solving around cross-border payments and the global transfer of value more broadly. It's not as simple as 1+1=2!!! Until you do your own due-diligence, whatever I say is nothing more than a moot point to you. 

4 hours ago, LetHerRip said:

Wrong. Straight from the horses mouth.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/05/ripple-ceo-dozens-of-banks-will-use-xrp-product-in-2019.html

The banks are coming any minute now, they are beating down Ripples door. Major banks our great CEO said it. ;)

Want some more?!

Surrreeeeeee

How about our trusty CTO straight from the horses mouth too.

Ripples XRP strategy cant wait till 2021, that's too long for Ripple!

Moon is just around the corner amirite frens?! In the mighty Ripple we trust.

Exactly!!! Like Brad G's mis-guided assumptions about banks custodying digital assets in 2018, this is a perfect example of how expectations do not always align with the current state of affairs. I have no doubt that David S. expected ODL corridors to have been further along than where it currently is, however, like Brad, he couldn't have foreseen that crypto regulations would take so long to come to fruition or having to navigate the growth of the business through a pandemic. Listen, shit happens!! Timelines and expectations are not set in stone and can and may have to change in the face of unforeseen/unexpected situations. Talking about timelines, Marcus Treacher, Ripple's VP of Customer Success stated (35:50 - 36:50) in a recent fireside chat that ODL/RippleNet currently has pay-out capabilities in 45 countries, but with payment aggregators partners like NIUM and MoneyGram, they expect to have global coverage (including cash pay-outs) by mid-2021. 

There's no question that Ripple has had to change their strategy regarding ODL and building out the product's infrastructure and liquidity. The relatively new hires like Breanne Madigan and Aditya Turakhia from Goldman Sachs is evidence of this. I believe this to be a collaborative effort alongside SBI who will be leveraging XRP as part of global cash management and domestic and international remittances for intra-group settlement of financial obligations amongst companies associated with SBI and those throughout Asia more broadly. SBI recently announced that they've partnered with FXCoin, a Japanese exchange as well as B2C2, a crypto trading firm to provide liquidity for SBI's crypto offerings. FXCoin will develop an XRP based swap market to help increase XRP liquidity as well to hedge the price fluctuation risk associated with using XRP for contract-based business-to-business payments. The greatest impediment to the use of cryptocurrencies/digital assets besides the lack of clear regulations is their volatility. No matter how fast a digital asset may be able to clear a payment etc. institutional players are not willing to risk even those few 5-10 seconds it takes to clear payments via digital assets like XLM and XRP. Once you remove the potential risk associated with Fx rates, only then will institutional players come en masse. This is why it is so important to have these key institutional infrastructures in place (i.e. Swap market, Prime brokerage, Custody, Arbitrage, Derivatives, Futures, etc.) 

Ripple found themselves in yet another similar situation as the company tried to scale and onboard participants/developers to the Interledger Protocol (ILP). They had to re-group; not necessarily with new hires, but the addition of a new protocol layer residing above ILP. Navigating the vague and mystifying laws for the transference of value P2P, B2B, P2B, etc., while also trying to be innovative, really stunted the growth and development of ILP. Ripple had to make adjustments adding a compliant "Addressing" or Open Payments protocol layer. This "Open Payments" protocol serves as the genesis/foundation to what is now known as PayID. To me, open-source platforms like PayID, in the end, are going to be the winners. Ripple demystified the ambiguity of crypto regs while simultaneously bridging crypto and traditional fiat value transfers in a seamless and simple way. 

Edited by King34Maine