When Is Ripple Going to Acquire Someone?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's analogous for the reasons I mentioned.  I don't need ownership rights or dividends based on my expected risk adjusted return over a 6-9 year hold. I also feel that Brad spoke too soon regard

They just posted a position for someone to work on some kind of loan product. https://medium.com/@KarmaCoverage/how-xpool-may-work-an-attempted-guess-daf3674f17c7 I personally think that a

Well, in the 20th Ripple Drop episode (03:00 - 03:40) Brad G. talked about how Ripple was in very strong position financially and that they were considering making strategic investments and/or possibl

1 hour ago, thinlyspread said:

Interesting – what's your source for this? 

There wasn't an official announcement made, only a job listing posted on Ripple's careers webpage. Folks in the community got wind of it and various crypto news outlets also picked up on the job listing as well. The position was posted some time early May, but was filled fairly quickly like in July, I believe. I found the closed LinkedIn profile for the position here

I would be really intrigued to understand the nuts and bolts of a Ripple IPO. It seems like a chicken egg scenario with XRP and Ripple's relationship to it.

Given that XRP was 'gifted' to Ripple, regardless of that debate, how would Ripple have a valuation without XRP? It was deemed the company's profitability is based on XRP so would XRP be listed as an asset?

Ripple delving into loan, lending, and credit facilities is very interesting because it could answer this question. If Ripple is lending out serious amounts of their total supply, is it off the books as an asset and therefore would assist in their IPO because it's a workaround essentially being listed as Notes or Loans Receivable instead?

16 hours ago, King34Maine said:

There wasn't an official announcement made, only a job listing posted on Ripple's careers webpage. Folks in the community got wind of it and various crypto news outlets also picked up on the job listing as well. The position was posted some time early May, but was filled fairly quickly like in July, I believe. I found the closed LinkedIn profile for the position here

Interesting, I remember this news but must have missed the "in house" part.

What You'll Do

• Create and launch Ripple’s loan product offering 
  • Deeply understand how Ripple can better serve new and prospective RippleNet customers with working capital loans 
  • Create the relevant org structures to properly execute on a functional loan offering
  • Develop customer empathy around problems related to working capital needs & cross border payments 
  • Develop risk capabilities to properly understand how to price new loan offerings for customers

22 hours ago, aavkk said:

Ripple is currently building their own loan products in house.  It’s something that Chris Larsen has extensive experience with.  Look for these products to be rolled out early next year.

They just posted a position for someone to work on some kind of loan product.

22 hours ago, thinlyspread said:

Interesting – what's your source for this? 

https://medium.com/@KarmaCoverage/how-xpool-may-work-an-attempted-guess-daf3674f17c7

I personally think that all these network businesses (Goog, fbook, Amazon, etc) make money from monetizing the identification of a Route (Ripple's shortest path algorithm) through the network, and then the movement through the network of the data/objects/value.

Right now the only monetization that Ripple Inc has is annual software to banks and FIs, as well as their XRP. The reason I think it is almost 100% guaranteed that Ripple Inc will begin lending out XRP, is because it enables them monetize the movement of value through both RippleNet and the broader IoV. I have said before that if they nail this aspect... then Ripple Inc will be bigger than Google.

FYI, Bitcoind does not even have a Pathfinding function like Rippled does, because it cant, because there is no network of assets to find a path between, no order books, no trust lines, no quality in/out. Nothing but a ledger for BTC, that's it, that's the full functionality set :nea:

Edited by KarmaCoverage
1 hour ago, aavkk said:

several Ripple employees.  

What is their feeling on the future price/rate quote of this XRP Credit? ;)

Edited by Guest
12 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

Moneygram as an organisation is a disaster. It would sink Ripple more surely than losing the class action

Without knowing the ins and outs of the company I tend to agree. If Ripple would 'buy' or invest more in MGI they would also have more responsibility for the huge debt the company is in. Although buying a company with a lot of debt gives you a large discount, it brings huge risks.

2 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

I’m pretty sure that RL has bought at least half of the members on this forum.

We all like to say “Keep buying the dips” but Mr Garlinghouse says “Keep the dips buying”

Agree. Bloggers and bots are cheaper than real profitable bussinesses with revenue.

I bought xrp in 2017 and holding since then. Not planing to buy any more XRPs. We have given them enough credit and time. It is time for Ripple and Mr. Garlinghouse to show results. We have had enough tweets about politics, equality, shitty podcasts with JK and other subjects...

Edited by XRPage
1 hour ago, XRPage said:

Agree. Bloggers and bots are cheaper than real profitable bussinesses with revenue.

I bought xrp in 2017 and holding since then. Not planing to buy any more XRPs. We have given them enough credit and time. It is time for Ripple and Mr. Garlinghouse to show results. We have had enough tweets about politics, equality, shitty podcasts with JK and other subjects...

Not to beat a dead horse on this topic but anyone with any experience investing at the seed stage across most verticals can expect their investment to be completely illiquid and tied up for 7-10 years before a profitable exit.  You can certainly draw parallels to XRP being at the seed stage in 2016.  Sure, it was created several years earlier but the market wasn't ready and the plumbing wasn't ready until 2016 to start marketing and laying out use cases for its promising utility.  While I, too, didn't discover and decide to invest in XRP until 2017 my mindset with it is to pretend my zerps are totally illiquid and let this "seed investment" do its thing right alongside my others in different verticals such as healthcare, consumer SaaS, life sciences/stem cell therapy, genomics and robotics startups.  I'm still really bullish on the entire digital assets space and see absolutely no reason for concern regarding XRP's continued adoption in the space.  All these things just take more time than anyone cares for but its a timeline that's been documented for decades.  The middle of this decade should warrant a profitable exit from a number of different digital assets and I really like XRP in that small bucket.  

4 hours ago, aavkk said:

Sure, it was created several years earlier but the market wasn't ready and the plumbing wasn't ready until 2016 to start marketing and laying out use cases for its promising utility.

Sorry but this does not make sense. Of course that time counts. In 2017 they had a working product and they were marketing it by giving statements that haven't come true (i now think they were basically lying to make xrp more appealing by pretending it was about to reach mass adoption among institutions and banks, aka creating fomo). Meanwhile they were emptying their own bags. 

What progress have they shown since then? Zero. No banks, same number of institutions, no price increase, nothing. Xrp is an almost infinite funding machine to pay 300 employees doing what? And yet they raise money from investors. I guess xrp is also used to pay interests to these investors. 

I question whether Ripple really wanna bet on xrp or just go silence to see if people get bored so they can go away with the security/no security matter. Now spark appear from nowhere and people focus on spark instead of xrp... 

Anyway, good luck to everyone, xrp seems to go to zero as Brad claimed for 99% of tokens. 

4 hours ago, aavkk said:

Not to beat a dead horse on this topic but anyone with any experience investing at the seed stage across most verticals can expect their investment to be completely illiquid and tied up for 7-10 years before a profitable exit.  You can certainly draw parallels to XRP being at the seed stage in 2016.  Sure, it was created several years earlier but the market wasn't ready and the plumbing wasn't ready until 2016 to start marketing and laying out use cases for its promising utility.  While I, too, didn't discover and decide to invest in XRP until 2017 my mindset with it is to pretend my zerps are totally illiquid and let this "seed investment" do its thing right alongside my others in different verticals such as healthcare, consumer SaaS, life sciences/stem cell therapy, genomics and robotics startups.  I'm still really bullish on the entire digital assets space and see absolutely no reason for concern regarding XRP's continued adoption in the space.  All these things just take more time than anyone cares for but its a timeline that's been documented for decades.  The middle of this decade should warrant a profitable exit from a number of different digital assets and I really like XRP in that small bucket.  

I completely agree with you here. If you don't mind, I will continue to beat the horse just to make sure we're all on the same page...Lol!!

I think a lot of people have been just randomly putting money into various assets/platforms without truly understanding their specific use case, their target industry, and product-market fit. Fintech platforms/companies like Ripple are targeting and bridging the world of crypto/blockchain to that of traditional financial markets. They are working within the confines of a highly conservative and regulated space that moves at a much slower and methodical pace. Every XRP holder wants the price to go up, but just as you have short, medium, and long term investments in traditional finance, the same applies to crypto. I've said many times that XRP is a long term hold. By long-term, I'm talking YEARS!! It was always going to take years for Ripple's vision for XRP to manifest itself and bear fruit. My best guess is more like over the next 5-10 years. After all, it wasn't until around 2016-17 where Ripple really started to ramp-up marketing and partnerships creating the rails for what was known back in the day as xCurrent, now RippleNet. Trying to change the way the global transference of value happens was never going to occur within a measly 4 years. There are many dynamics at play hindering XRP's adoption as the primier bridge for the cross-border transfer of value and thus its price appreciation that people are not taking into account:

1. Vague and spotty/patchwork global REGULATIONS that are clear in some jurisdictions, cloudy in others, and out right forbidden in several has been the #1 problem.
  2. The amount of time required to reconfigure/rebuild the global cross-border payments rails/network.
  3. Attracting a broad and diverse partnership-base with connections/links to a broad customer base who will in turn utilize the services/applications being built on RippleNet/ODL thus validating the platform.
  4. Convincing these partners to stop using what they've been accustomed to for 60ish years to transmit cross-border payments/remittances via SWIFT (i.e. correspondent banking and Nostro/Vostro accounts) and move to real-time payments via RippleNet/ODL.
  5. Developing the trading/value-routing platform (i.e. liquidity sourcing and aggregation, execution algorithm modeling implementation, Fx data analytics, etc.)
  6. Building the ecosystem of liquidity partnership to scale the platform (i.e. Exchanges, Market Makers, Arbitrages, Fx Swap market players, OTC Trading Desks, etc.)
  7. Lastly, the cherry on top is MONEY. The sheer cost of orchestrating all of this both from an engineering, legal, regulatory, and financial standpoint is staggering.

While I'm quite sure that I'm leaving out some things, the point that I'm trying to make is that there's no quick route for XRP's price appreciation.

Edited by King34Maine