Japan's New Prime Minister Chooses Ripple Board Member as His Economic Advisor

14 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

loss and gain of value.  Over the last three years it has been a consistent loss, but should XRP be widely adopted as a cross border token then the tokens which are restricted in number will generally gain in value.  In such a world holding an XRP token would be better than holding and inflationary fiat digital currency.  

you always post positive stuffs, but this reply of yours is outright delusional, holding crypto is never better than holding currency that maintain its value short term (but loses value long term as we know about USD), One moment XRP is 0.30 another is 0.25, you sure you want to hold XRP for value storage purpose?

conversely, hold XRP as investment will fit the description better, in long term we believe value will outgrow currency

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://u.today/japans-new-prime-minister-chooses-ripple-board-member-as-his-economic-advisor

Yoshitaka Kitao becomes an economic advisor to Japan's newly elected prime minister !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

12 hours ago, jargoman said:

Originally bitcoin was criticised for being slow, having too few tx's per second, wasting electricity, having no utility. Satoshi insisted that it didn't matter and that in the future he could introduce a hardfork to introduce those features. 

By the time it became obvious BTC could not scale satoshi was gone. People demanded a fork but the BTC die hards refused saying it wouldn't be the real bitcoin. Improvements can not be introduced into BTC because if so, it's not the real bitcoin. ........All BTC users had to do was agree amongst themselves but they are all anarchists and can't agree on the slightest detail.  

Ironic that the anarchists can all agree to 'fight the man' but can't agree on how. You'd think unity begets unity, but it actually incites tribalism. Imagine if Satoshi magically appeared from the grave to unite the warring clans for a greater good.  Sounds a lot like the 2nd coming of Jesus and they've been waiting 2000 years for that to happen. Martyrs are romantic, but living figure-heads lead organizations.

No one's heard from Satoshi since what, 2011? Pretty suspicious at least not chiming in on the current state of things, seeing what it's become.  If the Satoshi exit really was a "ok-guys-you're-in-good-hands" hand-off, that should be a testament to the failure of hands-off parenting.

Just let the children do what they want, parent themselves, it'll turn out fine.  Just fine. Everything's fine.

Edited by jetbrzzz
grammr
On 9/19/2020 at 12:13 AM, WarChest said:

Surely only a stable coin works for digital national currency. XRP is fine for transactions that don’t hold XRP for more than a few seconds. But anything that requires holding XRP longer before transacting, is open to loss of value because of the price fluctuations of XRP.

Even FX markets which move in pips, 100ths of a cent, are considered pretty volatile.  XRP can/will fluctuate but like you said, it doesn't matter if your swap only takes 5 seconds.  You don't really care what the price is in 2, 12, 1000 hours, only that there's enough liquidity around to settle as much "stuff" as you need in the next 5 seconds.

This is where I'm putting my bet on XRP: not so much that it's going to be stable, but that enough people will transact with it, raising the price (enough to meet the liquidity) then once it hits a price(s) I'm content with, cash out and move into something more 'stable' whatever that might be.

If the new CBDCs are backed by some kind of gold / digital SDR then they should be stable enough to park your cash there until you figure out how you want to re-invest. Fiat takes like 100 years to really lose all its value, so even if they didn't return to gold, you'd have a good long while before the new CBDC digital fiat went to zero again. Long enough to diversify and such at least.

6 hours ago, jetbrzzz said:

Imagine if Satoshi magically appeared from the grave to unite the warring clans for a greater good.  Sounds a lot like the 2nd coming of Jesus and they've been waiting 2000 years for that to happen. Martyrs are romantic, but living figure-heads lead organizations.

Think it was John Lennon who said something like "if Jesus returned today, people would invite him over for dinner to make fun of him."  (1970's, pre-twitter - but the principle sure stands.)

Edited by NightJanitor
16 hours ago, Jotaro said:

you always post positive stuffs, but this reply of yours is outright delusional, holding crypto is never better than holding currency that maintain its value short term (but loses value long term as we know about USD), One moment XRP is 0.30 another is 0.25, you sure you want to hold XRP for value storage purpose?

conversely, hold XRP as investment will fit the description better, in long term we believe value will outgrow currency

No offense, but "delusional" is a big word to bandy about.  I have run my own business for forty years now and I think I am known for my calmness rather than letting fantasies get the better of me. 

OK, I will take this:  In the present environment it might be construed as delusional to call XRP a "store of value"  maybe it is a word thing?  ( every investor in XRP is putting in saved money in the expectation that the value of their investment will grow; are you calling every investor in XRP "delusional"?). 

But lets forget about that use of the phrase "store of value", it is not delusional to think of XRP as a store of value in the future, but there is a big "if".  The "if" is that XRP needs to be adopted at scale, which is a long way off.  Once that happened the landscape changes dramatically because fiat is not a store of value because governments print money and Banks leverage fiat, causing inflation.  Ripple own a lot of XRP which they will filter into the financial markets, just like Bitcoin is mined and filtered into the markets, but the total that can be added is finite and the rate of production of XRP proportional to the amount in circulation is always decreasing. 

So it is definitely not delusional to imagine a situation where XRP maybe used as a store of value.  I have more trouble imagining Bitcoin (for which I can not see a utility usage because it is slow, unscalable and expensive) as a long term store of value than I do of XRP as a long term store of value. 

In the end we place our investments and hope our analysis and intuition serve us well. 

Edited by Julian_Williams