Thoughts on Cinnamon Video?

I noticed that Cinnamon video is launching a new Beta version and aside from a graphical makeover has incorporated some new bells & whistles for its users. Just curious what others think about the Cinnamon platform in terms of content, usability, and future potential.

Edited by Live_Market_Index

I think Ripple's core competence is Crypto and Payments. So much innovation is going on in the crypto industry currently. They missed the Defi boat and are trying to get in using Flare. Let's see how that plays out. I feel they should stick to their core competencies and try and not be a VC with the free money thats floating cause of Xrp.  I hope they succeed but Cinnamon looks like a long shot as Youtube is firmly entrenched as the default brand in users mind. ( I haven't used Cinnamon)

Early BTC holders built exchanges. Ethereum went through the ICO, Defi booms which increased the value for existing holders. XRP is waiting for regulations to kick in all this time. Crypto is a fast moving industry and things seem to going at glacial speed with XRP. 

1 hour ago, strikerjax said:

They missed the Defi boat and are trying to get in using Flare.

I don't think Ripple's missed the DeFi boat at all. Ripple's approach to DeFi, in my opinnion, will be completely different than what's currently going own right now. DeFi, as we know it today, primarily represents only retail investors dabbling about aimlessly trying to find their footing. David Schwartz touched (47:52 - 49:08) on this in a Fireside chat with CoinTelegraph this past June. Through RippleNet, Ripple will/can offer many services like the XRP-denominated loan product (already in the works) as well as DeFi services and offerings to INSTITUTIONAL clients. This is where the REAL money will be made in DeFi. The few billion locked-up in DeFi is chicken shit compared to the money that will be generated with institutional players. As David stated, through RippleNet Ripple is able to instantly integrate new products and services into the "financial flows" of their customer-base. This is why adding new partnerships and building out the rails of RippleNet is so important. Each new partner/node is another user for the many financial products/instruments they have in the pipeline. Ripple isn't a company that blindly enters into a new and emerging trend like DeFi haphazardly like we've seen happening with Ethereum. Ripple has been very deliberate and meticulously strategic about how they enter into a new/potential area of growth. DeFi will be no different. DeFi as we see it now is not how it will be in the future. REGULATIONS will come and are coming like a wrecking ball to destroy all that is not AML/KYC/CFT compliant. Yes, the process is slow when trying to be within the letter of the law, but Ripple's clientele are regulated entities who are not going to stray from the straight an narrow and risk the ire of regulators. With respects to DeFi, Asheesh Birla, Ripple's SVP of Product and Corp. Development tweeted something this past Saturday that perked my ears up a bit about how "an ILP (Interledger) based Uniswap that provides cross-chain interoperability and liquidity is going to be a big thing." Now, he doesn't come out and specifically say this was something they were working on at Ripple, but when you have the SVP of Product from Ripple throwing out a statement like that, one can only assume/speculate that there's some work being done behind the scenes to bring it to fruition either from Ripple or more likely Xpring.

Edited by King34Maine
9 hours ago, strikerjax said:

I hope they succeed but Cinnamon looks like a long shot as Youtube is firmly entrenched as the default brand in users mind.

In my opinion Cinnamon.video has absolutely no chance to compete with Youtube. They must be naive to think they can grab a significant market share. Maybe they know that... However, It's a great example to demonstrate how to implement micropayments into a content creator platform... I hope Youtube is watching, and will implement this in the future.

Baggy23 you may be right. IDK, but a lot of small start ups are bought by the big guys, sometimes for the good and sometimes for the worse. Example. Horizon Organic milk. They were great and each jug had a different flavor depending on where it was sourced and time of year. I could taste the grass. Now a large company bought it and the feed has been standardized and its kind of meh and less exciting, but still good. The folks who started horizon walked away with over 100 million usd so it is what it is. However if youtube absorbs cinnamon then its google and google was an early investor in ripple so maybe cinnamon is a work out the bugs thing.