The Future of Work and Death and XRP's Role

@Gamblord I’d say this is more of a theoretical topic. Use any crypto you want. I would have used IOTA as an example for machine to machine technology or V2X (vehicle to anything), because it seems rather fitting to describe our future selves as vehicles. Intel Inside.

That said, I do recall a product called BiChip which was an implant the size of a grain of rice, which implemented ILP for payments. You may remember this info graphic if you were around early 2018.

A81D5E06-D68D-4669-B560-457225C5AF61.jpeg

Edited by Flintstone
Micochip 🧐
6 hours ago, Gamblord said:

Why would it be XRP being used in the IOV or in the brain space as opposed to BTC or ETH? XRP is a precarious situation right now. It does what it needs to do well (transactions) but just like the old cell phone manufacturing companies it needs to evolve or get left behind. It'll really depend on things like Flare Network whether XRP can be utilized in smart contacts and used in areas like DeFi or IOV applications. On top of that, XRP needs to climb in value over the next 2 years or it will fail to be seen as a store of value by investors. Right now holding XRP is worse than holding fiat in a savings term deposit at a bank. I guess what I'm trying to say is I think we are getting ahead of ourselves by talking about lofty goals when things looks so uncertain right now. 

Well as I said I was kind of being facetious about the transhumanist use case. I was not being facetious about M2M pre-loaded wallets, etc. But for the brain space as you call it, I would choose XRP over BTC and ETH. More 'transactions' happen in a single human brain's activity than any market in the world. Also, what if you use the latter two and there's a fork ; )

16 hours ago, StirCrazy said:

Wouldn't mind having my dishwasher do a crypto M2M loan with my dryer however, and as stated above by @Valhalla_Guy, add human capital amidst the transformation. Maybe the handyman has a few Series licenses in the future to be able to fix an outage.

Yeah, no problem... IoT + IoV = sure, sure...  I mean, this stuff is actually *really boring* - it's stuff that isn't inherently sexy, for the most part, just some plumbing changes.

But the reason I wanted to address "the crazy bubble" is that I think for a lot of kids (and some adults), "crypto" is their first introduction to thinking big thoughts at scale - which leads, in the absence of any other exposure to some sort of systematic, big-picture philosophy (or familiarity w/history) to some pretty out-there worldviews, as an artifact of their use of that "lens" to look at everything and everyone, not just "hey, payment systems kind of suck;  these systems could help those things suck less hard."

Instead of that sort of balanced/reasoned approach, though, we're inundated with plots from dystopian scifi movies that the kids don't seem to realize were *cautionary* fiction (they might dig some idea of M-theory, but many can't seem to spot a metaphor - or switch between those metaphors, as appropriate).

Like, I dunno if GOOG is still doing WarGames new-hire movie nights, but, given that they're all so young, maybe they should emphasize virtue of nice games of chess. :)

"Welcome to the GooglePlex.  Your first class will be on developing empathy for humans, followed up by some how-to-make-eye-contact practicum - next week, we'll start studying the US Constitution - not so we can "hack" it and identify ways to circumvent it, but so we can appreciate its wisdom - there will be a breakout session on the First Amendment and the Fourth Amendment, pay close attention - and then we'll do "How To Begin Thinking About Forming A Meaningful Relationship With Someone With Whom You're Interested (And How To Tell If They're Not Interested In You), Without An Obsessive Focus On Building An Internal Equation To Model The Dollar Cost Which May Accrue From Paying For Mutual Activities (No Hourly Rates)."

(I only pick on GOOG because I like them (and know they know what I say is true), but this stuff would work wonders across most big tech / wall st companies.)

Edited by NightJanitor
"Non-Abelian geometry? YES! Common sense? NOT SO MUCH!" (Needs work.)
On 9/13/2020 at 2:42 PM, NightJanitor said:

Yeah, no problem... IoT + IoV = sure, sure...  I mean, this stuff is actually *really boring* - it's stuff that isn't inherently sexy, for the most part, just some plumbing changes.

But the reason I wanted to address "the crazy bubble" is that I think for a lot of kids (and some adults), "crypto" is their first introduction to thinking big thoughts at scale - which leads, in the absence of any other exposure to some sort of systematic, big-picture philosophy (or familiarity w/history) to some pretty out-there worldviews, as an artifact of their use of that "lens" to look at everything and everyone, not just "hey, payment systems kind of suck;  these systems could help those things suck less hard."

Instead of that sort of balanced/reasoned approach, though, we're inundated with plots from dystopian scifi movies that the kids don't seem to realize were *cautionary* fiction (they might dig some idea of M-theory, but many can't seem to spot a metaphor - or switch between those metaphors, as appropriate).

Like, I dunno if GOOG is still doing WarGames new-hire movie nights, but, given that they're all so young, maybe they should emphasize virtue of nice games of chess. :)

"Welcome to the GooglePlex.  Your first class will be on developing empathy for humans, followed up by some how-to-make-eye-contact practicum - next week, we'll start studying the US Constitution - not so we can "hack" it and identify ways to circumvent it, but so we can appreciate its wisdom - there will be a breakout session on the First Amendment and the Fourth Amendment, pay close attention - and then we'll do "How To Begin Thinking About Forming A Meaningful Relationship With Someone With Whom You're Interested (And How To Tell If They're Not Interested In You), Without An Obsessive Focus On Building An Internal Equation To Model The Dollar Cost Which May Accrue From Paying For Mutual Activities (No Hourly Rates)."

(I only pick on GOOG because I like them (and know they know what I say is true), but this stuff would work wonders across most big tech / wall st companies.)

[Does some microdosing]

[Pulls out the encyclopedia to freshen up on Non-Abelian geometry]

I guess you're right. I wouldn't want my dishwasher analyzing the digital asset market in an AI-weaponized world. It might obtain market memory and start a dishwasher currency war between country A and country B.

As Benoit Mandelbrot points out in Misbehavior of Markets, Bachelier applied physics equations of how heat molecules spread to probabilities on the movement of bond prices. So some dystopian kid state actor some day is gonna crack after too many WarGames viewings and figure out how heat molecules spread in those nightly cleaning cycles and manipulate digital asset pricing with some hidden algorithm in the dishwasher circuity.

The real end game is when dishwashers start their own airdrops.

This is all certainly a cautionary tale, this IoT + IoV.

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...