The Future of Work and Death and XRP's Role

Watching an interesting documentary - The Future of Work and Death - from epix channel here in the US.

Discusses the convergence of, you guessed it, technology, work, and death.

Discusses what jobs/industries will be computerisable in the future (the answer is most).

Made me wonder if ODL --> IOV is positioning for AI and machine efficiency through XRP. We will need a social system in place to handle the influx of technology that removes human jobs, and therefore I see XRP being positioned as a bridge to not only liquidity and value but human capital. Essentially by making the transition to machines more efficient quicker (preloaded machine and assembly line wallets with XRP), removing delay and turnaround times, it will therefore allow the social system to use that extra monetary capital to build new industries that can bring back those human jobs.

This one's for @LetHerRip - what if XRP has a future in the brain?

XRP is preloaded into a Neuralink brain implant and the XRP assists via smart contracts in running that brain's cognition. So for inputs and outputs, which equals cognition, XRP is being transferred to control brain efficiency. 

Maybe @LetHerRip will have XRP uploaded into his brain one day when due to any sort of elderly cognition fail. It could be a matter of life or death whether he buys, sells, shorts, or longs XRP.

Edited by StirCrazy

Computerisation and AI will remove the need for so many jobs, it throws up the question of what will many people do?

living at home on welfare/social housing will end up in an “idle hands do devils work” scenario. I'm sure there  are and have been many intellectuals writing papers on such things, but I see great social upheaval ahead as the need for fewer workers battles with the need to sustain more people.

• StirCrazy changed the title to The Future of Work and Death and XRP's Role
24 minutes ago, WarChest said:

Computerisation and AI will remove the need for so many jobs, it throws up the question of what will many people do?

living at home on welfare/social housing will end up in an “idle hands do devils work” scenario. I'm sure there  are and have been many intellectuals writing papers on such things, but I see great social upheaval ahead as the need for fewer workers battles with the need to sustain more people.

From the 1950's was a speculative tale called "The Midas Plague" - where we have an over abundance of goods - which must not be wasted, and the poorer you are, the higher your consumption quotas. 

Class one citizens have to eat more, drink more and fill their house to the brim with objects more than the other classes. If they are good consumers, they get rewarded with moving up a class and not having to consume quite as much.

1 hour ago, WarChest said:

In my experience automation, sometimes does less to remove jobs, and more to transform jobs. We are a long way from "set it and forget it" when it comes to industrial processes. Replacing a button pusher, always increases the need for a technician. Also, constant progress requires competing developers, testers, and innovators. Society will adapt to the changing needs of an evolving workplace.

One thing for sure, food will never be free to the masses, so in general, people must produce in order to consume, and people must consume in order to survive.

Always just a tad suspicious of people who watched Star Trek and were like "You know, those Borg aren't very nice - but their tech is cool."

The current wave of "transhumanists" will be beaten back, just like they were in the late 80's.  They're too blind to see the reflexivity of it...

I will personally cheer when those who dabble in "consciousness" and "neuroscience" with constant reductionist tech references go away.

"Your brain's just like your iPhone, so how about you let me put an iPhone in your brain?"  (Anyone who goes "Oh, cool!" is certifiably nuts.)

(OP's name checks out, I guess.  "It wasn't me, your honor, I swear!  You see, my brain's run by distributed smart contracts - hey, stop!") :rolleyes:

Edited by NightJanitor
"...deal the cards..."

--- Skip Donahue: What are you doing?

Harry Monroe: I'm gettin bad. You better get bad, Jack cause if you ain't bad you're gonna get f**ked. ---

Hey don't shoot the messenger @NightJanitor . That is just what popped into my brain wallet after watching the documentary. 

Truthfully I was trying to perform Inception on @LetHerRip and melt his brain with transhumanist XRP use cases:

tenor.gif?itemid=17779120

Edited by StirCrazy

One, drugs are (usually) bad.  I'm a moderatist - and I don't usually give personal advice - but I think you might want to at least consider cutting back on the drugs.

Two - just to finish off the transhumanist rant - one big tell is that many wealthy-from-technology parents pay huge tuition for "no-tech"/"low-tech" private school.

They're vicious about it, too - one whiff of an iPad, an Echo, a Nest, or a Home in a classroom, the Gaia-loving Earth Mamas and Engie SuperDads will cut a *****...

Now, I'm not paranoid - but they sure are!   (I don't think it's a surveillance issue, for most of them;  they just realize too much technology can impair development.)

But I still like my books on paper, so what do I know...

25 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

One, drugs are (usually) bad.  I'm a moderatist - and I don't usually give personal advice - but I think you might want to at least consider cutting back on the drugs.

Two - just to finish off the transhumanist rant - one big tell is that many wealthy-from-technology parents pay huge tuition for "no-tech"/"low-tech" private school.

They're vicious about it, too - one whiff of an iPad, an Echo, a Nest, or a Home in a classroom, the Gaia-loving Earth Mamas and Engie SuperDads will cut a *****...

Now, I'm not paranoid - but they sure are!   (I don't think it's a surveillance issue, for most of them;  they just realize too much technology can impair development.)

But I still like my books on paper, so what do I know...

NJ - I'm a big fan of Charlie Munger and his "missed cognitions" philosophy these days so no drugs here. Maybe too many fish oil pills but that's about it. Too many liquid omegas - might need an implant to remember Stir Crazy quotes some day.

Interesting point about those parents. Even Bill Gates said something along the lines of it's pretty arrogant for the wealthy to focus on longevity when there are still areas of the world with malaria and tuberculosis. I believed him until your point; makes me question now. This isn't They Live is it? I hope not. 

Vitalik Buterin seems to take an interesting approach, he's pro-tech and pro-transhumanism. Curious if he allows iPads or not some day. 

41 minutes ago, StirCrazy said:

This isn't They Live is it? I hope not.

Well, I guess there are a lot of ways I could answer that, but, I think the biggest frame to break is the "it's a movie" (or a simulation) frame...

That singular notion has lowered the global value of Life index more than anything I can think of in recent memory - and is a terrible threat.

The people thinking that's true not only devalue their own lives - but how do they then think of and treat other people?  Not well, I can say.

There are many examples in history of the "technological and sociological engineering" worldviews becoming too dominant.  (Never good.)

(I don't know what role it is that humanity is "intended" to play in transhumanism, but it sounds like a bit part that leads to being type cast.)

I part company with over-eager kids (and ungrown-up grown-ups) when they start wanting to commodify humanity.  (I was built that way!)

(Kidding... but serious!)

I concur, selling brain signals, inputs, and outputs OTC would probably be end game. Wouldn't mind having my dishwasher do a crypto M2M loan with my dryer however, and as stated above by @Valhalla_Guy, add human capital amidst the transformation. Maybe the handyman has a few Series licenses in the future to be able to fix an outage.   

Still think @LetHerRipwill get nightmares from this thread and close his short if he's not taking jellyfish memory supplements already.

Edited by StirCrazy

Why would it be XRP being used in the IOV or in the brain space as opposed to BTC or ETH? XRP is a precarious situation right now. It does what it needs to do well (transactions) but just like the old cell phone manufacturing companies it needs to evolve or get left behind. It'll really depend on things like Flare Network whether XRP can be utilized in smart contacts and used in areas like DeFi or IOV applications. On top of that, XRP needs to climb in value over the next 2 years or it will fail to be seen as a store of value by investors. Right now holding XRP is worse than holding fiat in a savings term deposit at a bank. I guess what I'm trying to say is I think we are getting ahead of ourselves by talking about lofty goals when things looks so uncertain right now.